Hacking 6.xx PRO CFW Release Thread

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a friendly advise, if you wish to retain a permanent cfw dont update beyond OFW 6.20 then you can permanent patch it
if you go to 6.60 you will still be able to hack it but you will need to run the fast recovery program to load the cfw everytime you turn off your psp
you got all the advise now its your choice

So even though I can update to 6.60 PRO B10, I won't be able to set it as permanent unless I update to 6.20 OFW before 6.60 PRO? Despite having a motherboard that can retain permanent CFWs?

I thought that was the point of the CIPL Flasher. After upgrading to 6.60 OFW and then the 6.60 PRO B10, My PSP should theoretically be able to permanently retain 6.60 PRO B10 (after CIPL Flash). That's what these guides are saying. Kano, are you sure you're not mistaken for the models with the newer motherboards?

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I would suggest first to uninstall your cfw then install the OFW 6.20 then the CFW using these instructions from here
http://code.google.c...ki/Installation

I would never suggest to install a CFW over another CFW its always better to install over a clean OFW that way reduces risks of a brick

as we speak I am hacking a psp go for a friend using this method so you can rest assured that it wont brick as far you follow the instructions

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
just a friendly advise, if you wish to retain a permanent cfw dont update beyond OFW 6.20 then you can permanent patch it
if you go to 6.60 you will still be able to hack it but you will need to run the fast recovery program to load the cfw everytime you turn off your psp
So even though I can update to 6.60 PRO B10, I won't be able to set it as permanent unless I update to 6.20 OFW before 6.60 PRO? Despite having a motherboard that can retain permanent CFWs?

I thought that was the point of the CIPL Flasher. After upgrading to 6.60 OFW and then the 6.60 PRO B10, My PSP should theoretically be able to permanently retain 6.60 PRO B10 (after CIPL Flash). That's what these guides are saying. Kano, are you sure you're not mistaken for the models with the newer motherboards?
This person is incorrect, don't listen to them. 6.60 is the CIPL flasher, as you know.

I would suggest first to uninstall your cfw then install the OFW 6.20 then the CFW using these instructions from here

I would never suggest to install a CFW over another CFW its always better to install over a clean OFW that way reduces risks of a brick

as we speak I am hacking a psp go for a friend using this method so you can rest assured that it wont brick as far you follow the instructions
The instructions he's already been given have him doing an OFW update already which wipes the CFW...

kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta

This person is incorrect, don't listen to them. 6.60 is the CIPL flasher, as you know.

The instructions he's already been given have him doing an OFW update already which wipes the CFW...

this is taken from the official site either you choose its up to you
CIPLFlasher - Application to install a CIPL-based permanent Bootloader (for 1g and 2g-first gen units only)
if your psp is not a first gen unit this will not work for you and possibly end with a brick

just wait and get a confirmation of what I am saying from a more higher member if you dont beleive

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update you guys. Rydian... it worked. Thanks for all the help, and to you as well, xist! 6.60 PRO B10 is now my main CFW and is permanent. Thanks again.

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a clean PSP 3000 (3g) with 6.60. Aside from installing temporary CFW, which allows me to play emus and PSone games, what else does this allow me to do? Excuse my ignorance as I know very little about softmodding the PSP etc?

Cheers. :)

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the FAQ covers that.
Yeah, I downgraded to 6.39 which allows me to run those EBOOT files (that had the Japanese writing before booting up and before Sony stopped it with 6.60) and ISO files. I'm slowly learning and have started to put homebrew apps on there as well.

Thanks for your help. :)

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't need to run signed/Eboot varieties, on hacked firmware you can just run the ISOs. Those signed/eboot versions of games are leftovers from earlier times.
Quite true. I already have a number of those EBOOT files in disc and didn't see the point in redownloading them if I didn't have to. Though, thinking of firmware, is there any other advantage (or disadvantage) of dowgrading to 6.39 from 6.60?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Quite true. I already have a number of those EBOOT files in disc and didn't see the point in redownloading them if I didn't have to. Though, thinking of firmware, is there any other advantage (or disadvantage) of dowgrading to 6.39 from 6.60?
The only two major versions to be run are 6.60 (latest base firmware) and 6.20 (can have the permanent hack on any PSP model that runs it). The 6.20 perm exploit was fixed in the next version so there's not really a point to running anything between 6.20 and 6.60.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!