redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, I guess thats true for a lot of other popular projects, be them completely legal or a grey area. I bet there are more downloads of open source Linux binaries than of its sources.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the number of people that compiles things from source on linux is much higher than the people that get PRO from source, especially since it's not like compiling with different instruction sets or whatever even makes sense on the PSP.

Hell, look at Gentoo, it's pretty much "from source or you're a big pussy".

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the number of people that compiles things from source on linux is much higher than the people that get PRO from source, especially since it's not like compiling with different instruction sets or whatever even makes sense on the PSP.

Hell, look at Gentoo, it's pretty much "from source or you're a big pussy".
Yes, but I still think that the number of binary installs is higher than the number of source downloads.

Then again, look at other distributions. I don't think the mayority of *buntu users compiles their stuff from source. I'm not even sure if checkouts of the source at Google Code are tracked.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't doubt that the number of binary downloads of linux distros is higher than the source downloads, but I'm talking relative, and between the projects. Like, linux might be 1 source to 5 binary, while the PSP might be 1 source to 100 binaries, and that might set off some flags with google code's system thinking the page is just being used for file sharing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.