6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not surprised by no Pokemon Stars, although I do want it to come.
Pokken Tournament was kinda meh on WiiU, although it might find a better home on the Switch. I'm not interested in it however.
Ultra SuMo... I don't really want to pay for the same game again so I'll probably Freeshop it. I already bought the original SuMo legitimately (two games for two consoles).
Gold and Silver on VC? That's a good move. Maybe we'll get all of the GBA games next on VC and I can finally say goodbye to my DS.
ultra sun and ultra moon will be totaly diferent games i bet not ever since platinium did we get the same game.

black and white 2 were totaly diferent story,x and y didnt get a third version making it the first ever,
ultra sun and moon will be like black an white 2 being the same world but everything diferent i bet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i still dont get why the switch doesnt have a VC service yet, the 3ds is also arm so they can so easily port all their 3ds emulators with ease for the switch ...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon seriously... Black amd White 2 were good but I figured they'd be done with sequels and second versions since X and Y didn't get one.

I think what they're going to do from now on is alternate between Sequel/alternate versions and remakes. So it would make sense that for gen 8 we'll see remakes of gen 4 follow not far behind (maybe gen 1 since those remakes are more outdated than gen 4 at this point), and then following gen 9 we'll see alternate/sequel titles again, and then gen 10 will be followed by remakes as well, and the process just keeps alternating like that indefinitely.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
I do agree, but we basically said the same thing with the Wii U as well.

The problem here and with Pokemon is that Nintendo is basically competing against itself. It's perfectly legitimate for Switch owners to want to make their purchase worth it, and it's understandable to have concerns after the Wii U.
The Switch has a great potential but this... wasn't helping. Let's hope for better stuff at E3.
Yeah hopefully they announce something good like show off that main series fire emblem they announced with the switch direct that should calm people down.

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like a low effort re-release from Game Freak. Going to skip it. At least it's good to see Gold/Silver getting a VC release and Switch another port of Wii U hidden gens.

D

Deleted User

Ultra Sun and Moon. 3DS only and seemingly the most minimaly updated 3rd version of all time. Pokken DX. Not even that good of a game to begin with, but with only 1 new character. Gold and Silver VC. Cool? Shouldve been released years ago as should've the Red and Blue ones.

I quit Pokemon today.

Last edited by ,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultra Soon and Ultra Moon may indeed have forthcoming Switch releases as well, look at this screen cap taken from the Pokemon press site

original.jpg

Note the Switch: TBA release date

The error was quickly fixed:
original.jpg

Nintendo has told Kotaku that this was a clerical error and that the games are exclusive to the 3DS family. But lets be real here, this is exactly what Nintendo would say no matter what if the games are or are not coming to the Switch at some point as well.

Plus, its the TBA release date for the Switch that really gives it away for me that they may indeed see Switch releases. If the date was the same as the 3DS release date, then I'd be more willing to accept that mentioning a Switch release was simply an error, but being listed with a TBA release date for the Switch while a specific release date is listed for the 3DS is incredibly fishy to me.

Nintendo would very likely try to get as many sales as they can out of these new titles, so if people knew for sure that Switch version was or even could be coming later it would hurt the sales on the 3DS versions, so they try and claim that they will be exclusive for the 3DS until those have sold a lot, and then they release the Switch version knowing that many people would likely buy it again for that Switch version. We'll see I suppose, but I'm suspicious at this point to say the least.

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wii U is really dead with those announcements. I really hoped for an adventure Pokémon Game on Switch. Not another Wii U port on it.

At least I'm glad that I was right. Last year I said that the best option was buy a Switch instead of a Wii U

Akshuls

Comic sans
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
They Said that they are adding Pokemon that weren't in Pokemon SuMo.. Does that mean that we will actually have a national Dex in this game?
Thats the only reason why i stopped playing Pokemon SuMo Currently. It doesn't even feel like im "Catching em all".

Oh Well. We will see when it releases.
Bummer on no Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remake though.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit, there's going to be another Sun and Moon shitfest like last November.
Hyped to play the game a week early again.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe how much Switch owners are getting dicked over, holy hell.
No main series Pokémon in a dual-release, and not even G/S for Switch. Wow. If I owned a Switch I'd be pissed.
In the history of the main Pokemon series, have you ever seen a single generation get released across two different consoles? It would just be a bad business decision, because people who played the original games, would not want to buy a new console just for that game, especially considering the originals were so lackluster and disappointing. X/Y were better, and deserved a Z version, but they decided to skip that, which was a crappy enough decision to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm all my Pi 4 does is game systems lol