PC Gaming Show 2023 - live coverage

It's time for the PC master race to have a show dedicated just to them. The annual PC Gaming Show is here yet again to showcase all the biggest games and ports headed to the PC platform. Let's see what all the announcements they have in store.

Our first reveal of the show is Frostpunk 2. Steam, GOG, Epic, 2024.

Creative mode comes to Teardown on June 15th.

This next game is a cyberpunk themed game where you run a noodle stand. You live in a city in the clouds. There's dialogue options with romance elements. Nivalis.

Post-apocalyptic survival FPS. You craft and customize guns. You can make a boat to look for more supplies. Road to Vostok, it has a demo.

The next game is a Metroidvania based on A Christmas Carol, of all things. Play as Scrouge, who can summon the ghosts of Christmas past present and future and fight demons. There's platforming and upgrades, all the hallmarks of a Metroidvania are here. Ebeneezer and the Invisible World, coming to all platforms, not just PC.

Warhaven is a brutal action game out this Fall.

Real time strategy game time. It's called DORF. Looks very classic RTS.

Cell-shaded shooter Sulfur takes center stage, now. There's crafting and murder and scavenging, bartering, too. A sort of Resident Evil 4 style inventory system.

Saleblazers is a multiplayer online shopkeeping sim. September 29th.

This next one is an anime game. Action combat. September of this year, Eternights. A demo will be out next week. There's romancing elements.

Pax Dei is an open world fantasy game. The developers want you to experience what it would like to be immersed in a world of magic and fantasy, not just playing a game but experiencing it fully. They're taking a lot of inspiration from classic medieval literature.

Stampede Racing Royal is a kart racer.

Mars Horizon 2 is getting an alpha soon.

Path of Exile 2 is here. Gameplay trailer.

Islands of Insight is an adventure game where you have a paraglider, there are puzzles to solve and caves to explore.

Lords of the Fallen is a soulslike.

This next one is a Japanese-developed Metroidvania. Mariachi Legends.

Age of Sigma: Realms of Ruin is a strategy game. You send your soldiers to fight off orcs.

Citizen Sleeper 2 has been announced.

You're on a beach and must craft a boat to explore the various islands and make friends with animals so they can move in to your island. The trailer shows the player doing many Animal Crossing-like things. Fishing, making friends with animals, crafting, building a town for everyone, there's even a giant tree in the town center. Critter Cove.

Hidden Door is an RPG that you can play with your friends. You have an AI narrator. It sort of is a D&D builder, almost, where you can create stories based on nearly anything, and there's tons of customization. You can use existing IPs or make your own. Winter 2023.

Don't Starve devs have a new game. You're a space salvaged, but people are out to kill you. Dread Pilots, coming next year.

Miasma Chronicles is out next week. The game shows off a story trailer, here.

Taking place in a sketchy hospital with demons in the basement is this next game. Undead Inc. coming next year.

Another Metroidvania. Altered Alma. "A Space Opera Metroidvania".

This next game mixes rhythm music game and spacefarer. You control a spaceship along a line of music. Invector Rhythm Galaxy.

Another space game. The Invincible.

Make a theme park in this one. Park Beyond is out next week.

Slay tons of undead in this next Diablo-like in Pathfinder Gallowspire Survivors.

Diesel Legacy is a new 2D fighting game. 2v2 gameplay.

Parcel Corps is like Jet Set with bikes kind of.

Farm sim time. Craft, fight, build, and farm, in Fabledom.

This game is almost exactly Mega Man X, and has a level editor. 30xx. Launches August 9th.

More space futuristic post-apocalypse in Chimera.

Play as pirates, looting, killing, and finding treasure, in this isometric game. Shadow Gambit.

More real time strategy. This one comes from Warcraft devs. It's called Stormgate. Their CEO is also on stage to talk about the game. They consider it a spiritual successor to Starcraft and other iconic RTS.

A classic DOOM-like. Fortune's Run.

A war shooter is the next focus. Hell Let Loose.

We pivot into an anime shooter in Atomic Picnic.

Gaucho and the Grasslands is another farming sim.

Revival Recolonization is a strategy hex grid game.

Larian has a developer discussion about how they created the city in Baldur's Gate 3. Aug. 31.

Ember Knights is a co-op action roguelite. July 18th.

Create little mech cars and places to drive them. Terratech Worlds.

Macabre is a kind of horror exploration game with FPS elements.

The Earth flies into the sun in this next game, where everyone on Earth tries to cram into a big ship. Earthless. 2024.

Build a city in Nova Roma.

Manage a train in winter and in war, in Last Train Home. Tactics and based on World War 1 history.

Imagine a horror game with Muppet-like puppets. DreadXP's latest game. My Friendly Neighborhood launches July 18th.

F1 Manager 23 is here.

Scavenge in space. Big ships. You have a pet chicken. Breathedge 2.

Pixel art farm sim, but with a horror twist. Bloomtown.

Sand is scavenging in space. With sand.

Dune Awakening is the last game.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yawn...maybe I'll wait for the next Nintendo Direct, or PlayStation show; at least then there might be things I can get excited for. Even if I don't have a PS5 (or plan on getting one), I can still "get hyped" for familiar franchises and potential later Steam ports.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any more shows today besides the FF16 showcase? kind of a crazy sunday lol. also this show is so wacky for the intersessions. Good to see a lot of different games though.

edit: My friendly neighborhood looks good. I think i would like it more over five nights at freddies

Last edited by eternal,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Between RE4R, Street Fighter 6, Baldur's Gate 3, and Armored Core 6 alone I have to disagree. Remnant 2 and Sea of Stars also worth a mention, and none of these are even the big console exclusives like TOTK and Spidey 2.

Those games do nothing for me.
GOTY (of the decade, really) for me is Octopath 2, so far, but I have yet to play a few contenders.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto