6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poken feels like to much of a port for me. And as for the new pokemon games. I WANTED A DIAMOND AND PEARL REMAKE. (tear) Oh well...

Last edited by ATofix,
Reactions: pandavova

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck getting your PS4 to work on the go
Glad i mostly play at home because here we cant use that stuff calmy outside due to thieves stealing everything the moment they spot you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your pessimism is unwarranted and kind of stupid.. Honestly. Why do you antagonize the system as much as you do? You and retro been hanging out or what?

... And yes, people are upset. I'm upset because they're getting away with a rather lazy sequel to a rather lazy gen.

The current cost of the console in certain countries is funny as hell. People pissing and moaning like they understand.
I can because i have played on it. It isn't anything espectacular and out of this world, it felt meh. Zelda is meh for me and so is the current games and upcoming ones... the only one i'm really interested on is super mario odyssey...

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Glad i mostly play at home because here we cant use that stuff calmy outside due to thieves stealing everything the moment they spot you.

It's not like in Brazil it's much different, but that's not the point of the post.
Comparing Switch with Ps4 and X1 is nonsense, one is a handheld, the others are consoles.
Of course Switch will be underpowered compared to those,
but as a handheld it stands out, in fact it's the most powerful handheld released yet

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the history of the main Pokemon series, have you ever seen a single generation get released across two different consoles? It would just be a bad business decision, because people who played the original games, would not want to buy a new console just for that game, especially considering the originals were so lackluster and disappointing. X/Y were better, and deserved a Z version, but they decided to skip that, which was a crappy enough decision to leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Gold and Silver were released on both gameboy and gameboy color

D

Deleted User

Woa I love my Wii U DX, I dunno why everyone keeps calling it "the switch" or whatever.

Only good thing to come out of this direct is Gold/Silver VC so I can finally get legitimate shinies from gen 2. (is Crystal also coming? I want shiny celebi pleas)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Told ya it'd be Pokken

Fuck it seemed so obvious. Gen 4 had remakes, Gen 5 had sequels, Gen 6 had remakes, Gen 7 has sequels, it's a pattern. Gold/Silver if it follows RBY means HA Lugia and Ho-Oh, in hopefully an easier RNG scenario than Dream Radar. And thank goodness no Switch main series games. That can be next year.
Gen7 didn't have sequels. Y2, X2 aren't a thing

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Prepare for ULTRA BAN WAVES this november when the games leak 2 weeks early.

But fr these games look like the best 3rd versions we've had in a long time since the game will have a completely different story with new pokemon
Unlike sun and moon these games will share the same severs as sun and moon so i don't think they can catch people playing it early

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning