6/6/17 Pokemon Direct - Live Coverage

Although we're on the heels of E3, it seems Nintendo has some announcements they'd like to make before their big upcoming press conference. It's time to get your pitchforks and hype trains ready, as anything could happen! And GBAtemp will be here to give you live coverage and a recap of the event after it airs, so stay tuned!

And so here we go:
They're talking about the Switch
"And now finally...we're excited to announce..."
Pokken Deluxe!
geJihrw.png
There's a trailer for the game, showing off gameplay in the different modes of the Switch. Huge focus on local multiplayer.
Launches Sept 22 2017

Onto Sun and Moon!
And then randomly....!
cSmf2wy.png
They just gloss over this announcement. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS announced. Oh and Pokken gets a new playable character. Pokken DX is also getting a playable E3 demo for Switch.

They bring out Masuda to talk about these games, stressed for the 3DS. It's an alternate story of the original game, with new Pokemon that didn't appear in the normal games. Global release Nov 17.

Last announcement! Pokemon Gold and Silver coming to 3DS virtual Console. Compatible with Pokemon Bank. Launch Sept 22.

Last edited by Chary,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why they don't want to make a remake of R/B/Y with updated graphics for 3DS?
i prefer we get the pokemon red blue yellow remade totaly diferent on the switch, something with colossuem or pokemon XD graphics but with the mainline pokemon games would be amazing, on the switch they cant complain they cant use graphics like the gc had.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Vanillish though got Snow Warning this generation, so its usage has increased.

Yes but by the logic of some pepole just becouse is a ice cream is bad. My was jus a joke becouse the criteria for complain is the same. Is not what i want so is bad.
They have based the expetection on rumors and possible fake articles so now we don't get a Switch main Pokèmon and no remakes for then, not for me to be precise, make this new UltraSun and UltraMoon shitty game. Just becouse is not what they want.

By the same logic, witch is stupid, i can say that X/Y are the worst game in the series becouse the story was terrible. And before some one call me out for "Why play Pokèmon for the story" i counter this with my trap card: Pokémon is a RPG in the first place. And for me, at the time of X/Y, know that a soccer game with penguin that appear out of noware (Inazuma Eleven Chrono Stone) have a better story then a game when i litteraly catch monsters..was pretty sad. But dosent' men, for me, that X/Y was terrible games. Story aside there actualy a very fun experience even if, unfortunaly, short becouse the lak of post game. I know Pokémon game don't need to be to have how knows what drammatic story but when you are incapable of writing even the most basic story, for the kids mind you, i think you have to reconsidere your work before says "Ok its finish! Put this in to the game".

Like some one else have point out: nobody have talk shit about GameFreak for make Pokèmon B/W on the Nintendo DS. Even if the 3DS was already out and, thanks to the port of Ocarina of Time, show that the system can possible (if it was a little more powerfull) compare with the graphic on the GameCube. Something that even GameFreak show with Sun and Moon. So why complain now that we don't get a port of Su/Mo on the Switch? The only possible reason i can find is becouse, at the time, the 3DS was considere a faliure in contrast with the Switch (at the start of his live) that is already a success.

This is the same problem, base expetection on NON official material, that Pokèmon have in general. Not only now with a game but even with the monster you can catch it self. Is a basic shitty argoument that is easy to debunk becouse, like i says in my exemple with X/Y, the fact that is not what YOU want dosen't mean is bad.

Now if you exscuseme im gonna eat some ice cream.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not disagreeing at all, I think you're right. I just really denied any rumors, I immediately shot down Stars, though supposedly "Stars" was the codename for Ultra Sun/Moon, so in the tiniest of senses, Eurogamer was right, but fuck them in the ass, I was so glad they were wrong. With DP remake expectations, that's just gathering of hints, and not based on any articles, so when that got trampled on yesterday, I wasn't sad. It is indicative of today's, I don't know, absorbing of news. Rumors are valued as fact, especially in the entertainment industry, people run with it, and for games, almost anything put out is eaten up and considered as something that will happen, that did happen, that should happen, when that's not how it should be digested. Plus personally I always liked going against the grain. General internet population wanted Switch main series Pokemon games? Fuck off, I disagree, it feels fun.

I hope there's more Alolan forms. Smogon's twitter brought up Arcanine and Starmie, that'd be amazing. Water/fairy Starmie, basically a special counterpart to Azumarill, maybe a unique ability. ORAS proved they can slip in new abilities mid generation (see weather trio), and since these are sequels to SM, they're well within their rights to make SM obsolete, intensely. Cash grab? Yeah, but I'm a sucker for a Pokemon, so what can I say?

Reactions: DrkBeam

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Lmao people actually expecting something new kek
Welp, still waiting when nintendo announces it's bankrupcy in like 80 years from now when the nostalgia runs out

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao people actually expecting something new kek
Welp, still waiting when nintendo announces it's bankrupcy in like 80 years from now when the nostalgia runs out
80 years? God. At the current rate, that would make, what, 4000 Pokemon?

Reactions: YuseiFD

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes but by the logic of some pepole just becouse is a ice cream is bad. My was jus a joke becouse the criteria for complain is the same. Is not what i want so is bad.
They have based the expetection on rumors and possible fake articles so now we don't get a Switch main Pokèmon and no remakes for then, not for me to be precise, make this new UltraSun and UltraMoon shitty game. Just becouse is not what they want.

By the same logic, witch is stupid, i can say that X/Y are the worst game in the series becouse the story was terrible. And before some one call me out for "Why play Pokèmon for the story" i counter this with my trap card: Pokémon is a RPG in the first place. And for me, at the time of X/Y, know that a soccer game with penguin that appear out of noware (Inazuma Eleven Chrono Stone) have a better story then a game when i litteraly catch monsters..was pretty sad. But dosent' men, for me, that X/Y was terrible games. Story aside there actualy a very fun experience even if, unfortunaly, short becouse the lak of post game. I know Pokémon game don't need to be to have how knows what drammatic story but when you are incapable of writing even the most basic story, for the kids mind you, i think you have to reconsidere your work before says "Ok its finish! Put this in to the game".

Like some one else have point out: nobody have talk shit about GameFreak for make Pokèmon B/W on the Nintendo DS. Even if the 3DS was already out and, thanks to the port of Ocarina of Time, show that the system can possible (if it was a little more powerfull) compare with the graphic on the GameCube. Something that even GameFreak show with Sun and Moon. So why complain now that we don't get a port of Su/Mo on the Switch? The only possible reason i can find is becouse, at the time, the 3DS was considere a faliure in contrast with the Switch (at the start of his live) that is already a success.

This is the same problem, base expetection on NON official material, that Pokèmon have in general. Not only now with a game but even with the monster you can catch it self. Is a basic shitty argoument that is easy to debunk becouse, like i says in my exemple with X/Y, the fact that is not what YOU want dosen't mean is bad.

Now if you exscuseme im gonna eat some ice cream.
for me the worst pokemon game yet was sun and moon, thry tryed to go diferent with kahunas and challenges but the game was very bland the token pokemon were very weak and kahunas couldnt stand up to any gym leader, the game was way too easy, heck ever since XY we barely see a trainer with a full team of 6 pokemon that is worth a chalenge.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for me the worst pokemon game yet was sun and moon, thry tryed to go diferent with kahunas and challenges but the game was very bland the token pokemon were very weak and kahunas couldnt stand up to any gym leader, the game was way too easy, heck ever since XY we barely see a trainer with a full team of 6 pokemon that is worth a chalenge.
For that rom hacks exist, yeah it sucks that we need rom hacks for that, but the original games were never really difficult tbh

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but, that statement implies that God and Silver were released on two different consoles, which is false. Gold and Silver were released exactly once, but they were developed on a rarely used type of cartridge classified as "dual-mode". This made it possible for Gold and Silver to be compatible on both GB and GBC, but as a trade-off, the dual-mode cartridges could not display a full color spectrum. Whether there were any other GB games developed as dual-mode, I don't know, but even if there were, as far as anyone is concerned, Pokemon Gold and Silver were the only dual-mode GB(C) games produced, before Nintendo decided to scrap the idea of dual-mode GB games.
What about all the DX games?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No... backwards compatibility as in "compatible with the 'old games'"
every game since X and Y has been using pokebank to transfer the old pokemons to the newer games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For that rom hacks exist, yeah it sucks that we need rom hacks for that, but the original games were never really difficult tbh
they were if you didnt grind, i emenber reaching pokemon league severely underleveled and having to buy a crapton of revives and hyper potions and strugling to beat the pokemon league, up until like daimond and pearl it was like this, from black and white and foward then lowered the pokemon leagues levels so you never reach them underleveled, hack on xy and sun and moon i was like overleveled due to the new xshare mechanic lol.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
every game since X and Y has been using pokebank to transfer the old pokemons to the newer games.

Also thanks to the VC re relase now all the main series game now are compatible with the recent Pokémon game. Sure for transfer Gen3 mon to Gen7 you need to pass on the other generations, but is still possible and is amazing that we can finaly use our Gen1 mon in the recent generation.

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also thanks to the VC re relase now all the main series game now are compatible with the recent Pokémon game. Sure for transfer Gen3 mon to Gen7 you need to pass on the other generations, but is still possible and is amazing that we can finaly use our Gen1 mon in the recent generation.

Except Crystal, oddly. I'm hoping that's changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol