576p on component on Wii U

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can confirm this problem. For whatever reason vWii refuses to use progressive mode over component which is really unfortunate – some Wii U had failed HDMI which means falling back to the analog option.

It’s shocking how they messed this up. I need to get in touch with Nintendo since this is a major bug.

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s shocking how they messed this up. I need to get in touch with Nintendo since this is a major bug.
Overclocked I've been able to get CRF 13 working on 576p (Blu-ray quality in H.264) and it looks really, really good in HDMI (CRF 14 worked on a lot of content without needing overclocking). For context, CRF 13 on 576p will look better than CRF 33 on 720p despite the higher resolution.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you think they will be impressed when you contact them about this? Nintendo doesn't care for customers anymore and never cared for the Wii U since it didn't sell well.

I'm always happy to see people making the most of older devices instead of going for the "latest and greatest".

A full-fledged media player for the Wii U, not vWii would be an awesome thing to have. But it would take some developers, who don't think: "Who cares? There are 1000s of better/newer devices!" For the majority interest in such things faded away… since every BS "smart TV" can do such things now – opposed to when the Wii (or the first XBox) got unofficial software.

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think they will be impressed when you contact them about this? Nintendo doesn't care for customers anymore and never cared for the Wii U since it didn't sell well.

I'm always happy to see people making the most of older devices instead of going for the "latest and greatest".

A full-fledged media player for the Wii U, not vWii would be an awesome thing to have. But it would take some developers, who don't think: "Who cares? There are 1000s of better/newer devices!" For the majority interest in such things faded away… since every BS "smart TV" can do such things now – opposed to when the Wii (or the first XBox) got unofficial software.
I got into figuring out how to optimise 576p video for the app mostly out of curiosity about what the best (lowest value) CRF was possible in 576p.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol