Nintendo Wii U power adapter not working after cable replacment

hasboa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Today i wanted to reroute/replace my Nintendo Wii u power cable and for some reason the psu (the big brick that outputs 15v @ 5a) doesn't want to turn on i suppose.
I made a test i desoldered the cable i soldered and it went normal about 14V once and when i do it again it just doesn't output voltage.
I checked if there are any shorts but there is nothing wrong.
Has anyone experienced this issue?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning,

isn't the cable cut inside in a certain place that you can't see?

test with another, if you can?

hasboa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
No i just removed the affected (cracked) area and since i tested it with a load now the psu won't output anything.
There is just no voltage

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a bit hard to follow. Could you maybe explain some more what you did? Maybe even show some pictures?

Else I think you had a bad cable and snapped that, then soldered a new cable in place? My fist guess would be the replace you used to replace is too cheap, so too high internal resistance. That wouldn't show 0 V on your multimeter through so... That's really weird. What measurements did you do already and what where the results? Like I hope you at least did a continuity check?

hasboa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It's a bit hard to follow. Could you maybe explain some more what you did? Maybe even show some pictures?

Else I think you had a bad cable and snapped that, then soldered a new cable in place? My fist guess would be the replace you used to replace is too cheap, so too high internal resistance. That wouldn't show 0 V on your multimeter through so... That's really weird. What measurements did you do already and what where the results? Like I hope you at least did a continuity check?
I just cut the og cable a little shorter because there was a crack at the start of it. I tested after for voltage and shorts (that was my first thought) but nothing wrong aside from the voltage output being funny. Now after i tested that i rested the psu for about a day and came back to it and it now "worked". It didn't hold amps. The console was shutting off randomly I went to a friend that had a lab psu and we figured that the oem psu was the problem and after some measurements from him we figured that flyback controller(NXP tea1752lt) had gone bad.
Now since the part isn't available i returned home and i found a toshiba 15v 5a adapter for cheap and i'm gonna hotwire the cables together until the servers shut down and then after that im gonna do it more neatly.
Post automatically merged:

And what was this load? Sounds like you might've shorted something and blown a fuse.
i just soldered a pc fan i had around an the thing didn't want to power it. It was like a .2 amp 80mm fan

Last edited by hasboa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids