Homebrew 5.5 with Haxchi - Attempting Custom Sm4sh Skins

HappyMommy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks. Bear with me here as it has been an awfully long time since I first hacked our Wii U and I'm sure I must be missing something but...

Our Wii U is running Haxchi on 5.5 I am attempting to follow a tutorial on YouTube how to add custom skins to Smash for my son (I can't link to it unfortunately but its title is "How to Add Custom Skins to Super Smash Bros for Wii U! [Working on 5.5.2]."

Outside of using the newest version of Sm4shExplorer (as it builds and copies mods right to the SD so it saves a few steps), and not downloading the DT package (I'm thinking its needed for more in depth mods?) I've followed it to the letter.

The problem I run into is at the last step of going to loadiine ovh. I'm only seeing two homebrew options in the drop down, as if the firmware its expecting is wrong.

So, I thought I was being smart and, instead of using loadiine, I downloaded the latest version of SDCafiine and modified the steps to, instead of going to loadiine, I launch the Homebrew Launcher, and then launch the SDCafiine app. It does exactly as it should (launches the white screen with the Wii U logo and then takes me back to the Wii U Menu) but, when I launch Smash (yes via disc), I'm not seeing the custom skin I added (should be replacing the Villager).

The only thing I can find that's any different in what I've done (aside from not using the DT package) is, it looks like I'm on 5.5 and not 5.5.2. Does this truly matter though? If it does, how can I get to 5.5.2 (I have things setup to not allow system updates)? If that doesn't matter, is it because I haven't added the DT step? If that's it, does anyone know where I can find that package other than MEGA?

HUGE thanks in advance. My son is on the autism spectrum and doesn't completely understand why this isn't just as easy as "put the skin the game" so I'm trying to prevent a full on meltdown if I can't figure it out. :)

EDIT: I found some information here on this forum that explained since I'm running it using the sdcafiine app and not the site, I needed to make some changes. The first was to try to run mocha first, the second was to change the path of the patch to be root:/sdcafiine/[TITLEID]/[MODPACK]/content/. Alas, even with changing the path, and running mocha before I run sdcafiine, still see the Villager.

EDIT 2: I am actually on 5.5.3 and followed the gamebanana instructions that included creating the DT and LS files so now I'm totally at a loss. Maybe its this skin pack, I don't know.

Last edited by HappyMommy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1