Hacking 4.5 3ds XL vs 9.0 new 3DS XL

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
which one do you think I should go for? Currently have a 4.5 3DS XL with gateway. works wonderfully.

but I am being drawn to this 9.0 news 3DS XL... mainly due to the 3D and i like the black colour.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but I am being drawn to this 9.0 news 3DS XL... mainly due to the 3D and i like the black colour.

I have the Metallic Black N3DS XL and it is more of a charcoal grey color. The 3D is much improved and worth the purchase.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yup I bought my n3ds ll with the intention of selling my 9.2 xl although I see how ur dilemma differs being on 4.5 n all. I'd go for it tho. This way ur future proof.(well hopefully gateway will work with xenoblade n other n3ds exclusives)

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat.

At the moment I don't see the upgrade as worth it since we don't know if Nintendo will push more exclusive N3DS games. It's not even out in NA/EU yet and might not be for a while so it could be years before they transition to the N3DS or come out with an actual successor to the 3DS.

If you want to guarantee you can play the the possible exclusive N3DS games then get one while you have a guaranteed chance to get a N3DS that works with GW.

If you don't think there will be many exclusive N3DS games and are happy with the current 3DS than don't buy a N3DS.

I am currently in the latter category even though I want a shiny New 3DS, but I realize that the upgrade isn't really worth it to me since I rarely ever use the 3D and don't think Nintendo will put out a ton of exclusive games, the install base of the 3DS is just too high to ignore and third parties probably won't ignore it either.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are sure you can get a 9.0-2 New 3DS console, I'd go for it. The new system improves on virtually everything and looks snazzier, and not to mention the better innards and new exclusives in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la