damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
UPDATE! (2010-08-17):
Added Hack - Bannerbomb Enabler v2 (for 4.3x)

Thankyou to somewiifun for the Enable Bannerbomb v2 hack, and to petspeed, Slowking, and iancer for uhh... reminding me that I needed to update the hacks.ini with this hack.

Hello everybody.

Remember the all-in-one 4.1x / 4.2x hacks.ini that da_letter_a made a while back?

Well, since System Menu 4.3 came out, I have decided to port his hacks.ini to System Menu 4.3 of all regions, and have added my ported hacks in with his 4.1x / 4.2x hacks, continuing the "all-in-one hacks.ini" trend.

I have also added a stupid hack that I have made too.

Here's a list of what each hack is and does:

Replace Health Screen with Backmenu
The backmenu is the "return to sysmenu from game" animation the sysmenu does when you hit "Wii Menu" from a game, instead of displaying the healthscreen after trying to return from a game. This hack will actually replace the heathscreen with the backmenu, kindof to "skip" the healthscreen when you strat up the Wii.

Auto-Press A at Health Screen
When you start up your Wii, the healthscreen requires you to press the A button to continue into the main Wii Menu. This hack will automatically pres the A button for you.

Block Disc Updates
Every game has an update on it, but some try to kill homebrew. It is not a good idea to apply updates from import discs or from newer games which try to kill homebrew. These games will usually prompt you to apply their update, and refuse to launch otherwise. This hack blocks discs updates from being recognized, and allows you to play games without having to apply the updates.

Block Online Updates
The latest updates from Nintendo these days are solely for stopping homebrew and piracy, and are therefore dangerous to any homebrew you have installed. future updates will probably be just as bad. This hack will block your Wii from connecting to Nintendo's update servers, so if someone did try to update your Wii, they would be unable to.

No System Menu Background Music
If you do not like the System Menu's background music, use this hack to disable it.

No System Menu sounds AT ALL
This hack is similar to the one above, except it disables ALL the sysmenu's sounds, such as music and sound effects. Due to this, this hack allows the sound from the previously viewed channel banner to play in the rest of the system menu too.

Move Disc Channel
If you do not like where the disc channel is arranged by default, this hack allows you to move it to wherever you want so you can arrange your channels as you want them.

Remove NoCopy Save File Protection
Some save files (mainly ones with wifi data in them) cannot be copied to SD card and back (prevents transfering a game's personal wifi data from one Wii to another). This hack will make the System menu ignore whether or not the save is a "nocopy" save, and will allow you to copy (but not move) it to an SD card. the save file itself is still "uncopyable", but with this hack, the System menu will ignore this.

Recovery Mode (DISABLE below hack first)
This hack will make your Wii start into recovery mode every time you switch it on, and can allow you to boot regular games via the recovery menu.

Recovery Mode press Dpad-R on GC pad 4P
This hack is like the above mentioned one, but it will only activate the recovery mode if Dpad Right on GC controller #4 is pressed during system Menu startup, making it a lot easier to control when you want to load the recovery menu (compared to the above hack).

Region Free EVERYTHING
This one hack region-frees EVERYTHING, allowing you to load any import/out-of region game, whether it be a Wii disc, GC disc, Wii channel, and channels from the SD menu. However, it does not patch the game's video mode, so if the game you are trying to play does not support your Wii's current video mode, it will blackscreen.

Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx deletion (4.2 only)
System Menu 4.2 looks for channels with TitleIDs HAXX and DVDX (the old versions of HBC and DVDX), and it checks for twilight hack savegames every time you load the system menu up, and it deletes these if it finds them. This hack will disable the on-boot check so that these channels can be use with System Menu 4.2

No-Delete HAXX,JODI,DVDX,DISC,DISK,RZDx (4.3 only)
Like System Menu 4.2, System Menu 4.3 looks for and deletes HAXX, DVDX, and the twilight hack every time it is loaded, but 4.3 also looks for channels JODI, DISC and DISK, and deletes them if it finds them. JODI is the current Homebrew Channel, and DISC is the current DVDX, which are channels that most homebrewers would like to keep on their Wii. This hack, like the above one, disables 4.3's on-boot chack, so you can use these channels with System Menu 4.3.

Enable Bannerbomb v2 (4.3 only)
System Menu 4.3 blocks the bannerbomb exploit from being used on it. This hack will allow Bannerbomb v2 to be used with System Menu 4.3. But I am not sure hoe useful this hack would be seeing as you need a different way to run homebrew, to install priiloader, to enable this hack... but here it is anyway.

Force Wifi Connection Test Failure
This hack makes every internet connction test fail. I do not see the usefulness in this hack, but here it is anyway.

Blackscreen at Wii System Menu startup!
This makes your Wii load to nothing but a black screen. Good for locking people out of your Wii. Hold RESET to load up priiloader to disable it when you're done with it.

Freeze Wii at Healthscreen!
This is the silly one I made. It is like the above hack, but allows the user to get to the healthscreen before freezing on them, kindof to tease them!

And of course, the hacks.ini itself (updated):
http://www.mediafire.com/?2h90sncoy6pv99y

Enjoy!

And now I have some questions:
1. Should I keep the "Force Wifi Connection Test Failure" hack, or should I remove it? Does it have a use?
2. GBATemp user somewiifun posted a "Bannerbomb enabler" hack for 4.3 over in this thread. Do you guys think it may be useful at all, and should I include it into this hacks.ini?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks damysteryman,
As for your questions. I dont see why not for both questions!
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder if anyone would like to modify the Priiloader installer to maybe download this full hacks.ini (with 3.2 added) during the install process, to make life easier? Seems like a logical idea to me. And then the hacks.ini it downloads can be updated with new hacks for new System Menus.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you damysteryman this is really appreciated. Both the hacks themselves but also the great explanation in this thread. Superb.
About the extra hacks, I think you should include them, they might be useful. Especially the bannerbomb hack if you by accident loose HBC.

XFlak said:
any chance of including the hacks for 3.2U and 3.2E also? So that way this ONE file will have ALL the hacks ever written (for priiloader)?

u can view all the older hacks HERE.

There are also the 4.0 hacks...

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, DMM! job well-done
wink.gif
Works perfect, as always!!

And yes to both....the more hacks, the better I always say lol

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work Thanks for these, as far as your question, definitiely have bannerbomb enabler for sure. I can find use in it, test connection failure i cant find a use for it, but there may be some, everyones needs are different, why not include both IMO

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Someone needs to get in touch with BlackAce83 and Jigen, so these hacks can be implemented into StartPatch and/or StartPatch MOD!

Or "someone" could do it themselves by editing patches.h and compiling. It should simply be a case of updating offsets (you'll need to subtract 0x8132FAE0 from the priiloader offset to get the StartPatch offset, and that's all that needs changed AFAIK) and then changing the name of the DOL (I think this is hard coded), and compiling. I may do it tomorrow or in the next few days if I get round to it and no-one else does first.

EDIT: BTW, if I do, which would be better to update? StartPatch I assume, as the features of MOD are added to it I think.

EDIT: OK, looks like StartPatch MOD is better, as I can have all regions, and even 4.2 AND 4.3 support that way. I'll probably try and do it tomorrow.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks DaMysteryMan, now I can update to 4.3 (via Wanin) ...once again you come through! and as far as the "Bannerbomb Enabler".. I would throw it in there,the list wouldn't be really complete without it, and it would be useful to some. Thanks again dude

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've started updating StartPatch MOD, but I've hit an issue: They do region-free differently. The hacks.ini does it "all-in-one" and StartPatch does it individually for various things (Channels, discs, GC). Am I correct in assuming it would be OK to change StartPatch to have the Region-Free Everything patch instead of the various separate ones? It won't cause any issues or anything? Can't see how it would, seeing as priiloader does it fine and all, just curious...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly question... if you need a preloader patch so it doesn't delete HBC and what not, then how exatly do you install SM4.3 then manage to install priiloader? Not to mention getting the hackmii installer to work to get HBC back
unsure.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XFlak said:
any chance of including the hacks for 3.2U and 3.2E also? So that way this ONE file will have ALL the hacks ever written (for priiloader)?

u can view all the older hacks HERE.
Well, I have been thinking about backporting all these hacks for all sysmenus 3.0+.

I ported a few hacks to 3.3K a while back, but the Region Free Wii Games hack was a tad difficult, and I didn't have any spare time to fix it, so I dropped it at the time (the 3.xx RF hack is different to the 4.xx RF hack, the 3.xx RF hack is different compared to the Wii's region settings, the hack I ported would only work if it was set to PAL region, which caused a semi-brick on 3.3K).

Whenever I have spare time, I will try to port this hacks.ini to all sysmenus from 3.0x to 4.3x.

SifJar said:
I wonder if anyone would like to modify the Priiloader installer to maybe download this full hacks.ini (with 3.2 added) during the install process, to make life easier? Seems like a logical idea to me. And then the hacks.ini it downloads can be updated with new hacks for new System Menus.
That's a very good idea...

...but I can never get the priiloacer source code to successfully compile on my machine... I try using the latest devkitPro setup and get an "internal compiler error" which isn't very helpful...

...maybe I (whenever I have spare time) or someone else could maybe speak to daco over at his priiloader google code page regarding this?

petspeed said:
Thank you damysteryman this is really appreciated. Both the hacks themselves but also the great explanation in this thread. Superb.
About the extra hacks, I think you should include them, they might be useful. Especially the bannerbomb hack if you by accident loose HBC.
Thanks!
It took a while to type and I was barely conscious at the time
laugh.gif

Maybe that's why it sounds noobish when you read it (well I think it does anyway)
laugh.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(TiMeBoMb4u2 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:00 AM) Someone needs to get in touch with BlackAce83 and Jigen, so these hacks can be implemented into StartPatch and/or StartPatch MOD!
Don't worry, already on it!
BlackAce83 has already sent me a pm with the StartPatch 4.2.6 source code.
Thanks again for that too BTW!

QUOTE(SifJar @ Jun 28 2010, 08:01 AM)
I've started updating StartPatch MOD, but I've hit an issue: They do region-free differently. The hacks.ini does it "all-in-one" and StartPatch does it individually for various things (Channels, discs, GC). Am I correct in assuming it would be OK to change StartPatch to have the Region-Free Everything patch instead of the various separate ones? It won't cause any issues or anything? Can't see how it would, seeing as priiloader does it fine and all, just curious...
It should be fine.

You see, what da_letter_a did when he ported them to 4.2 is he got all the offsets and values for all those hacks, and put them all under one name (Region Free EVERYTHING), so that people did not have to enable 4 hacks to get full region free.

This may be annoying for StartPatch though if every offset needs to be enabled separately, seeing as this hack has 10 offsets (and values) in it.

@Everyone:
Thanks for replying and answering my questions!

I will keep the "Force Wifi Connection Test Failure", and I will also add somewiifun's "Bannerbomb Enabler" hack (I still have to test that one for myself though) to the hacks.ini.

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
damysteryman said:
I will also add somewiifun's "Bannerbomb Enabler" hack (I still have to test that one for myself though) to the hacks.ini.
Nice, does this mean you will be able to install priiloader or run startpatch on a virgin 4.3 with one of the working exploits, disable the "bannerbomb detection"/"JODI deletion" and install The HBC?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
It should be fine.

You see, what da_letter_a did when he ported them to 4.2 is he got all the offsets and values for all those hacks, and put them all under one name (Region Free EVERYTHING), so that people did not have to enable 4 hacks to get full region free.

This may be annoying for StartPatch though if every offset needs to be enabled separately, seeing as this hack has 10 offsets (and values) in it.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I tried to split up the patch from the hacks.ini to the various patches in StartPatch, by comparing end values etc., but I think I did it wrong...

I'll probably just change it to region free everything for simplicity (for me
tongue.gif
)

mattesno1 said:
QUOTE(damysteryman @ Jun 28 2010, 11:53 AM) I will also add somewiifun's "Bannerbomb Enabler" hack (I still have to test that one for myself though) to the hacks.ini.
Nice, does this mean you will be able to install priiloader or run startpatch on a virgin 4.3 with one of the working exploits, disable the "bannerbomb detection"/"JODI deletion" and install The HBC?

In theory yes, but you will need a cIOS installed that survives the update (e.g. IOS202) that can be used to install the patches via StartPatch/used to install Priiloader, and you'll also need to use that cIOS to downgrade an IOS for HackMii Installer to use (if HackMii Installer can use IOS60, that'd be the best one to downgrade, as its now stubbed, but its unstubbed revision works on all Wiis)

In other words, it won't work on "virgin" Wiis.

EDIT: meh, I couldn't be bothered updating StartPatch, too much effort...Maybe I'll do it tomorrow
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc