Gaming 3DS Vs Vita-This time its different.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So how do my fellow tempers feel about the upcoming vita? at $250 I feel that Nintendo is in for a real serious fight that could get nasty if they don't put in more of an effort than they're doing now.

I don't think at any time in gaming history has a competing handheld(with superior tech) has been in the same price range as a Nintendo handheld, the one factor that usually gives Nintendo an edge.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the PSVita actually has the launch title game from the list I saw, compared to the crap nintendo is realeasing, the psvita is going to be better. Especially on price, nintendo over priced their shitty 3d gimmick which many people dont used because it looks like crap and an even crappier battery life than the original ds. Crappy ps2 ports and remakes are useless because we've already beaten those games. nostalgia isn't worth 250 nintendo >:(

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
To be honest, the 3DS is quite in trouble, as most of you pointed out, because of the price of its competitor the vita.I guess nintendo would be doing a price cut on the handheld itself or they pump more games to maintain competition.I'm still looking forward for the next iteration of the 3DS(if there is any).I'm still not sure though about the price range of the games of vita.As far as I can tell, those games are not that cheap to develop.It would be really nice if the price range of vita games is well within the range of 3DS games.That would be a real competition.
I'll be getting them both though.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
PSVita's hardware clearly beats the hell out of 3DS, especially at the same price. If Sony gets the games right this time, it will sell better than 3DS.

And I'm not even sure if the 3D effect gives 3DS that much advantage; instead of depth, some people will prefer 10 times as many triangles with modern shaders displayed on high-resolution, constrasty AMOLED screen.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better hardware for the same price never meant anything. The Wii is still higher than the PS3 and 360. And the DS still higher then the PSP.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Better hardware for the same price never meant anything. The Wii is still higher than the PS3 and 360. And the DS still higher then the PSP.
thats a poor example
both the Wii and DS sold for less then the competition, not the same price

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the vita seems to be a better hardware than the 3ds.

how can anyone argue that 3d is better than a huge oled screen that displays way superior graphics. plus the 3d on the 3ds has a horrible viewing anlge and is limited from ghosting.

this fight will interesting since the vita is going to be priced the same (making me feel i was ripped off paying 250 for a 3ds -_-)

a huge advantage for the 3ds though its that great games are going to be released during the time the vita lauches.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I personally care most about the games each console offers.

Of course some fans may go "OMG VITA SO POWERFUL $250" but a powerful console need not be best, it all comes down to software.

I am not saying bad about vita though, it is a wonderful console with games.

People may also complain about 3D being a stupid gimmick, again, it comes down to software.

Both companies have games which catch my attention. At $250 each, this fight can be very tough. But I'm sure both companies aren't stupid and will come out with techniques to win. I will get both, because of the games each console offers.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
3D hardware manufacturing costs more than high res graphics hardware, thus the price debate, moving on from this useless debate,
3DS is weaker in hardware compared to Vita - Definitely True.
Vita has great launch titles when compared to 3DS - Again True.
Vita will beat 3DS outta the park - Uncertain. (Everyone thought PSP will kick DS hard but it was reversed upon release of both)

I ain't saying history will repeat itself (which it most likely will), it's just that high graphics are not a selling point. Even if priced same as a 3D device.

Anyone wondered how annoying the back touch pad would be when playing games that use touchpad?? Imagine it's used for changing views or looking around, and you slide your fingers around by mistake??People with big hands are gonna rage over this.

Both 3DS and PSV have flaws. Truth be told.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now the 3DS is getting it's butt kick by the PSP in sales
and there isn't even any good games coming out for the PSP.

This time around I think sony will come out on top.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IMO, we just really have to see how this turns out.
Being the Nintendo fanboy I am, I'd say I'm really into Nintendo's upcoming 1st party support.
But the Sony fanboys want their Sony titles as well, so when it comes to who sells more, it's kind of hard to tell at the moment.
Both systems are different. I find 3D totally useless (still cool
laugh.gif
), but I also find a whole bunch of stuff in the Vita useless, like the touch pads at the back. (what the?)
Nonetheless, both systems don't fail to impress me.
At the moment, I am a 3DS owner. When the Vita comes out, I'll have to look at the games released, its neato features and some reviews to decide if I should save up for something else or for that.
TBH, I never really liked Sony (not hate, just don't like) but the Vita is impressive.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well keeping my previous post aside, Sony atm are wounded tigers, because of the recent hacks and losses, so I expect them to come hard at Nintendo this time, because 3DS's defense itself is too weak IMO. Wounded tigers is not a good sign for Nintendo.

Judging by the titles on 3DS after so many months into it, I think Nintendo is giving too much attention to the Wii U.

If PSV beats 3DS and WiiU gets the thumbs up from both hardcore and casual gamers, then the tide will completely overturn. With Sony dominating the handheld market while Nintendo, the console.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Darmanitan said:
IMO, we just really have to see how this turns out.
Being the Nintendo fanboy I am, I'd say I'm really into Nintendo's upcoming 1st party support.
But the Sony fanboys want their Sony titles as well, so when it comes to who sells more, it's kind of hard to tell at the moment.
Both systems are different. I find 3D totally useless (still cool
laugh.gif
), but I also find a whole bunch of stuff in the Vita useless, like the touch pads at the back. (what the?)
Nonetheless, both systems don't fail to impress me.
At the moment, I am a 3DS owner. When the Vita comes out, I'll have to look at the games released, its neato features and some reviews to decide if I should save up for something else or for that.
TBH, I never really liked Sony (not hate, just don't like) but the Vita is impressive.

I've been with Ninty since the Super Nintendo and I've always felt that they knew what they were doing through and through. Now with the 3DS im not that sure, I own one and I own three titles (DOA.Samurai Warriors,OOT3D) even these titles didnt really whet my pallete, So I found myself being more hyped about the Eshop(which turned out to be lackluster) and with capcom pushing back the release for what essentially is a demo (MML3 Prologue) I seriously started wondering what Nintendo was up to.

Now I heard the original DS had a rough start which was ok because the PSP was released at least a year after the original DS so it Nintendo had time to build a DS install base. This time,however, it's only months between each handhelds release date and Nintendo (in my opinion ) has NOT built up a substantial base even with people who do own 3DS's (everyday I kinda find myself teetering on the edge of having buyers remorse) I spent almost $300 of my hard earned money on this thing and I barely use it.

I find myself looking forward to the Vita, not cause I'll love it more than a 3DS, I'm looking forward to Sony putting real pressure on Nintendo because it seems that whenever Nintendo is in danger of losing market share they REALLY start putting the pedal to the metal and they start to shine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o