Gaming 3DS Vs Vita-This time its different.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
well for me its not possible to tell before the vita is out
3ds has 3d and vita has awesome graphics so the eternal war :gameplay-graphics
but you have forgot something nintendo is very clever ..........it know its weak spots so when the vita is out i wouldnt be to surprised if nintendo rolls out a new revision of 3ds with great battery life ,better 3d spot ,and 200$
its impossible to tell who will win :s

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Here's my beef with nintendo and the 3DS right now, we got super mario ( seen before), paper mario ( seen before), zelda( seen alot before), starfox ( seen before), kid icarus ( seen before), mario kart ( seen before), and sooner or later we'll see a pokemon or castlevania,

Now before ya'll get all fanboy on me, I love these games as much as the next guy, but I want a brand new game, completely brand new. like how inFamous was on the ps3, or gears of war was on the 360.... sure, they can keep using the same old game IP's, but at some point they have to start on some new IPs.

How about a new RPG that we haven't seen for the 7th or 8th times, or a new shooter, or a new action adventure....
I want to see new games that are not a sequel or remake, or port, etc.
Nintendo is relying too much on there past games

I completely agree with your assessment, and while relying on past ip's is something all video game companies are guilty of to some extent, Nintendo needs in my view to change it up and create something entirely new for a change.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you all assuming that "Nintendo is just genius so they'll come up with something"? I don't see any point to buying a console purely because I think the company will just magically fix its problems or have some magic strategy. Nintendo has proven that you can sell to casuals and make bigger bucks than selling to core gamers, that's about it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Why are you all assuming that "Nintendo is just genius so they'll come up with something"?
Because that's what happened with the N64 and the Gamecube, and they won sales-wise both times. Of course that may be because the PS2 had such a small, crap library and the Gamecube owned. I mean, Persona 4? Please. Try Avatar: The Last Airbender for the Gamecube, that game was even better than the actual show.

So yeah, that's why.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Why are you all assuming that "Nintendo is just genius so they'll come up with something"? I don't see any point to buying a console purely because I think the company will just magically fix its problems or have some magic strategy. Nintendo has proven that you can sell to casuals and make bigger bucks than selling to core gamers, that's about it.
And that's what they're gonna do now. Nintendo and Sony will "succeed" this generation as they're almost literally at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Some people like core, and generally more people like casual.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Why are you all assuming that "Nintendo is just genius so they'll come up with something"?
Because that's what happened with the N64 and the Gamecube, and they won sales-wise both times. Of course that may be because the PS2 had such a small, crap library and the Gamecube owned. I mean, Persona 4? Please. Try Avatar: The Last Airbender for the Gamecube, that game was even better than the actual show.

I'm assuming this was sarcastic.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Obvious trollage is obvious.

It was still hilarious though.
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
And that's what they're gonna do now. Nintendo and Sony will "succeed" this generation as they're almost literally at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Some people like core, and generally more people like casual.

It's generally that more people like casual but rather that more people are casual. Though, I don't know, Sony might win this one. They're really big on graphics and cheap this time around, and casual gamers love graphics.
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jul 11 2011, 05:46 PM)
I could never say such an awful thing about Persona 4 and be serious.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it's not just about the graphics, but the accessibility of the system itself. Although the PSV looks really simple to most gamers, it might scare some people away because of the dual analogs, the rear touchpad, and the fuck-ton of all the other neat little things.

The 3DS is a bit more simple, so "casuals" in the sense of accessibility might lean to the 3DS. Handhelds seem to be more popular with casuals anyways.

However, this fact could be totally irrelevant and is never always true.

BTW, I hate saying casual and core. It's just weird.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Also, it's not just about the graphics, but the accessibility of the system itself. Although the PSV looks really simple to most gamers, it might scare some people away because of the dual analogs, the rear touchpad, and the fuck-ton of all the other neat little things.

The 3DS is a bit more simple, so "casuals" in the sense of accessibility might lean to the 3DS. Handhelds seem to be more popular with casuals anyways.

However, this fact could be totally irrelevant.

That's true, and that where the casual gamers branch off. Some casuals play for graphics; some casuals like acccesibility. Now it's only time that will tell which branch is bigger, as this time the graphics are on a much higher scale as is accessibility, and it's a whole new ball game.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Slyakin said:

However, this fact could be totally irrelevant and is never always true.

yap
3ds=nds with a better 1.graphics and 2.3d
psv=almost like psp but
1.2 analogs
2.better graphics
3.rear touch panel
4.front touch panel
5.ect

also i think that almost all casual gamers have a nds so from nds to 3ds its more simple that from psp to psv

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my opinion, the number of features and the graphics will not define which system is the winner. Simply looking back at the PSP vs. DS is the obvious proof of this. PSP had more features and still failed to keep up witht he DS. The DS has a very expansive game catalogue, one where anyone can find a game that they can love. That didn't happen over night, but developers took the prospect of two screens and ran with it, finding many great and innovative things they could do with it.

Now, the 3DS has better graphics than before, so developers aren't going to abandon Nintendo as games can still look pretty great, the prospect of 3D without glasses is a truly unique and exciting feature to consumers, and Nintendo was pretty much the first to bring this to the mainstream, anyone that wants to experience this will likely be inclined to buy the 3DS, as 3D is probably best made for video games. The Vita will look great, no doubt about that, but frankly I don't see what about the Vita is going to win over all the DS fans that already exist, it certainly isn't going to be the back touch screen.

I dunno, both systems are going to co-exist just as the PSP and DS did, so in the end, what does this debate matter? One system definitely wont kill off the other.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think both systems will sell very well.

And btw, the PSP didn't exactly fail. It was considered a success.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
3D hardware manufacturing costs more than high res graphics hardware, thus the price debate, moving on from this useless debate,

WOW. where's the evidence. if anything, their was a source previously that tore apart the 3ds and it was said to be cheap to produce. The 250 pricetag is speculated to be due to Iwata saying that the reaction to the 3ds at E3 was so great that he adjusted the price accordingly. in otherwords, we may potentionally we ripped off.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Um... I think some are forgetting or a least down playing some of the 3ds hardware.
How so?

3DS pretty much have everything the psv has except a few things (which is given up for 3D) and it graphics(Tho the 3DS graphics + 3D imo are pretty good).

Like some people mention psv motion controls, but somehow forget 3DS has it too.

Side note: I think it impossible for now for 3ds to have psv graphics and 3d. The batteries are too week.

phantastic91 said:
QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:42 PM)
3D hardware manufacturing costs more than high res graphics hardware, thus the price debate, moving on from this useless debate,

WOW. where's the evidence. if anything, their was a source previously that tore apart the 3ds and it was said to be cheap to produce. The 250 pricetag is speculated to be due to Iwata saying that the reaction to the 3ds at E3 was so great that he adjusted the price accordingly. in otherwords, we may potentionally we ripped off.
1) ~Cost of parts =/= ~cost to produce.

2)No he didn't.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
Here's my opinion, the number of features and the graphics will not define which system is the winner. Simply looking back at the PSP vs. DS is the obvious proof of this. PSP had more features and still failed to keep up witht he DS. The DS has a very expansive game catalogue, one where anyone can find a game that they can love. That didn't happen over night, but developers took the prospect of two screens and ran with it, finding many great and innovative things they could do with it.

Now, the 3DS has better graphics than before, so developers aren't going to abandon Nintendo as games can still look pretty great, the prospect of 3D without glasses is a truly unique and exciting feature to consumers, and Nintendo was pretty much the first to bring this to the mainstream, anyone that wants to experience this will likely be inclined to buy the 3DS, as 3D is probably best made for video games. The Vita will look great, no doubt about that, but frankly I don't see what about the Vita is going to win over all the DS fans that already exist, it certainly isn't going to be the back touch screen.

I dunno, both systems are going to co-exist just as the PSP and DS did, so in the end, what does this debate matter? One system definitely wont kill off the other.

The psp had more features, but i think the ds has more gameplay features/potential due to the touchscreen. the vita fixes all of this by adding a multi touch screen which can open up to new ideas never possible on the ds and it offers a back touch screen that brings in even more ideas. furthermore, they are offering two analogs and the addition of the second analog will be enough to attract various gamers. Alot of criticisms of the past psp games from what i remember usually talked about needing a second analog. that is now fixed. Now Im wondering how the load times are, which was a problem for the psp. but seeing how the vita uses cartridge now, that too may be fixed. also, i think a more better library will grace the vita because of how sony stated it was easy to port ps3 games to vita, but they want developers to add unique features too since they don't just want direct ports. Im sure they will launch a Cod for Vita every year and thats going to bring in alot of Cod Fans. Vita has so much potential and it has everything in its arsenal in my opinion to be the best portable ever. Now all it needs is games.

Im not even a sony fanboy and I loved the DS in the previous generation. But it doesn't take much to see that the Vita is clearly superior to the 3ds in hardware ( I have a 3ds by the way). Plus i can go on about how AR gaming, online, friends lists will be more advance on the vita than 3ds blah blah.....

With the 3ds, it is a huge upgrade to the DS but i'm just annoyed by its flaws. I sound like a broken record by whining about the ghosting and poor viewing angle. well that's how much it annoys me. The main attraction of the 3ds is the 3d and they still can't get it right. there's still ALOT of 3ds games i want, but every time i see a 3ds game I hope that i won't experience ghosting (why do i have to think this is the first place?). So far the best 3ds game, Oot, has ghosting even though some people won't admit it. judging from the e3 trailers, future great games will too.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Um... I think some are forgetting or a least down playing some of the 3ds hardware.
How so?

3DS pretty much have everything the psv has except a few things (which is given up for 3D) and it graphics(Tho the 3DS graphics + 3D imo are pretty good).

Like some people mention psv motion controls, but somehow forget 3DS has it too.

Side note: I think it impossible for now for 3ds to have psv graphics and 3d. The batteries are too week.

phantastic91 said:
QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Jul 11 2011, 05:42 PM)

1) ~Cost of parts =/= ~cost to produce.

2)No he didn't.

yes, but there is still no proof that what that guy said is right. plus from how iwata talked about this, it could be plausible that they overpriced it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phantastic91 said:
SamAsh07 said:

...when did he say that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr