ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BDRips at 60 fps are really hard to find because of it's ultra big size.
For bd-rip, I normally use h264 as video codec,
and AAC 5.1 as audio codec, all packed on a mkv file.

But a BDRip downscaled to 400x240,
and using just stereo sound wouldn't be that big.
I'd definetly love to see Avatar in 3D in my 3DS.
About size and data transfer, my 32gb class 10 SD can handle that.

To say the truth 30 fps are okay,
but it's sad to be limited to just 20fps.
If Nintendo release a real player, that support mutiple formats,
3D videos, and at least a descent framerate I would be happy.
...I downloaded the HD 1080p trailer of Monster Hunter 4 and converted that.

It's 30fps. So no, we are certainly NOT limited to 20. It mostly depends on the source. Although... I did convert that using SifJar's converter (NekuSoul's was still in the works during that time). I'll certainly try it out today, lemme just check if I still have the mp4 I got.

If you can get a 60fps clip somewhere, try it and see if the output is still 60fps.

When I say were limited to 20 fps,
I'm talking about playing videos of the SD on 3DS.
When you do this, the video is limited to 20 fps because the camera can only handle that.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Not opening?...
What? The converter or the video? All is working fine for me...

@[member='VMM']: Wrong, my converter converts them to 24FPS. :ha:

I tought the limit was 20 fps, thank you for the information.
I hope future updates turn possible to use 30 fps videos
I just noticed this too. Here's the thing though. When I was using SifJar's converter, it defaults to using the next lower integer for framerates. If the source is 23.96 (24), it doesn't convert to 24, but to 23. Same for 30fps (which is actually 29.something), it becomes 29 flat. I tried bumping these up to 24 and 30, but it suffers from severe pixelation from those extra frames generated.

Although I haven't seen it happen yet to NekuSoul's converter, are there any chances of this happening?

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@[member='KingVamp']:
You're right. I'm doing a reupload right now.

@[member='ferofax']:
I will see what I can do.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I was actually concerned about the pixelation, since your converter keeps 24fps, but so far I haven't seen any major artifacts of the sort. Anyways, that's really no biggie right now. You'd be better off focusing on the others.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just published v2.5 (No more Beta) and it has some changes:
- Added Side-by-Side again (under General because I was too lazy)
- Added selection of Subtitles (also under General, only with numbers for now, write "0" for no subtitles)
- Fixed installing Fonts (You will see a screen where you have to intall the fonts. This was the easiest way without messing around with UAC or Admin Rights. Can be turned off)

Since this is no longer a beta, the regular Update-Notification will inform you again.

Edit: Also I start at Filetrip again since they let you choose how you want to download your files now. But the main Downloadpage will remain Sourceforge.

Reactions: 2 people

josh98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested out your converter with a 32 Minute Gravity Falls Episode. Works. Like. A. Charm. Seriously, it works better than the old one. The videos seem higher quality, and the sound is in-sink (spell error??) on splitted videos. Awesome job. :D :D

zfeezy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feeling kinda dumb, but can't get this to work. I have a ton of 1080p side-by-side left-right (half) videos... I try converting them and I keep getting videos with half the frame missing/black/etc...

I've been trying every setting within the program, no luck. Any help GREATLY appreciated!

ALSO: wanted to add that I'm trying this on a 3ds xl... anyone having luck on the XL??

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested out your converter with a 32 Minute Gravity Falls Episode. Works. Like. A. Charm. Seriously, it works better than the old one. The videos seem higher quality, and the sound is in-sink (spell error??) on splitted videos. Awesome job. :D :D
Thanks B-)
Feeling kinda dumb, but can't get this to work. I have a ton of 1080p side-by-side left-right (half) videos... I try converting them and I keep getting videos with half the frame missing/black/etc...

I've been trying every setting within the program, no luck. Any help GREATLY appreciated!

ALSO: wanted to add that I'm trying this on a 3ds xl... anyone having luck on the XL??
Hmm, maybe those Side-by-Side-Videos have some strange Properties preventing 3D-Conversion. Does 2D on these Videos work?
How do I get the videos I converted to Display?
H
Put them into the right folder on your SD. It's the same folder where your photos are saved.

PS: A new update will probably have to wait for some time. Working on translation-stuff at the moment and thinking of solutions for the other problems but i'm too lazy to work hard on this at the moment. :creep:

jairo4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Are you working on a translation for you video converter? I can help you with a spanish translation if you want...

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you working on a translation for you video converter? I can help you with a spanish translation if you want...
Yes, that's what will come next. Thought it would be a good idea since I saw ~40% of all downloads come from Japan. Before the next update I will post the language file here and I will include all language files that will be posted here.

Reactions: 1 person

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Done with the translation part, now I make some more tweaks and then I will propably release a Beta for the upcoming Version.
Everyone who wants to help translating here is the English translation file. Feel free to mention yourself in the Credits.

cdxiaoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Give me the previous version of it? 2.4
The following versions are not the normal conversion around format video ...

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but I don't store previous versions. The sourcecode is still there on GitHub but I don't really know which one was a working release because I publish changes to the code in very small steps and often these in-between versions won't even work.
As for your problem I'm sorry can't understand what you were trying to say. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8