Hacking 3DS Update 2.0.0-2 Flashcart compatibilty!

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bearpowers said:
blaenk said:
acekard has a firmware update out already for 3DS 2: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#128

I can't try it because I imagine it's the same as other firmware updates for the acekard, in which case I need an older DS, which I don't have (I only have 3DSes).
If Supercard don't have a DSTWO update within the weak I might just order an acekard then.

why DSTWO is better that acekar2i

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Valwin said:
Bearpowers said:
blaenk said:
acekard has a firmware update out already for 3DS 2: http://www.acekard.com/news.php#128

I can't try it because I imagine it's the same as other firmware updates for the acekard, in which case I need an older DS, which I don't have (I only have 3DSes).
If Supercard don't have a DSTWO update within the weak I might just order an acekard then.

why DSTWO is better that acekar2i

DStwo update out already also

it has GBA emualtion on DSi and 3DS and a built in CPU and more bootloader slots so has more likely hood of not being blocked and has high compatibiltily

rockraven500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a bit of an issue, since the update (3DS) I've not been able to conect my MicroSD to the computer, when I plug it in, it makes a connection nouse and appears for a split second if at all then vanishes. I've tried with other MicroSDs and other USB, so I know it's this specific card that doesn't work, what can I do to make it connect properly or format it as a last resort? I also tried on my DSlite, and it will lock at the initial loading screen. I'm using an AK2i

spoonmanx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just confirming. Updated my Acekard2i (chip ID:0fc2 HW:8181) on my DS Lite using the patch:
ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142 and it works great on both the DS Lite and 3DS (with latest patch 2.0.0-2 U).
So until the next 3DS update Acekard2i users are good. It now shows as Chessmaster Ubisoft. I wonder how many games that have access to clone.

Also, does anyone know if Nintendo is just banning these cloned titles from working on a 3DS?

dakidukno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lisa2011 said:
georgelathouwers said:
R4i Gold 3DS currently does not support 3DS 2.0, waiting for upgrade patch...
i have checked in r4i gold 3ds official (r4i ds.cn) and found the team announced that r4i gold 3ds can support 3ds 2.0 without updating,here is the original quote :

"R4i GOLD 3DS can support Nintendo 3DS Ver 2.0.0-2?J,E,U?successfully without any updating, anyway please download The Patch V1.4.2c if you don't get a "Spongebob Squarepants" Icon after loading your 3DS card".

That's only if your card boots with the Spongebob Icon. If you have Miami Nights or Meet the Robinsons (which most people do) then you have to update.
But I can't get that update...which really sux.

Aielanor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dakidukno said:
lisa2011 said:
georgelathouwers said:
R4i Gold 3DS currently does not support 3DS 2.0, waiting for upgrade patch...
i have checked in r4i gold 3ds official (r4i ds.cn) and found the team announced that r4i gold 3ds can support 3ds 2.0 without updating,here is the original quote :

"R4i GOLD 3DS can support Nintendo 3DS Ver 2.0.0-2?J,E,U?successfully without any updating, anyway please download The Patch V1.4.2c if you don't get a "Spongebob Squarepants" Icon after loading your 3DS card".

That's only if your card boots with the Spongebob Icon. If you have Miami Nights or Meet the Robinsons (which most people do) then you have to update.
But I can't get that update...which really sux.

The r4i gold 3ds Patch V1.4.2c has been released, if you don't get a "Spongebob Squarepants" Icon after loading your 3DS card, you can download the patch.....read through this thread

horror87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my amazekard doesnt work
frown.gif
waiting for a firmware update
frown.gif

jpossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For r4i-sdhc (3ds) update is available on http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
It isn't anounced on english site yet. But google translation of chinese site says 1.40b supports 3ds V2.0.0

* You need to download latest kernel AND the firmaware update and put it on the SD
* The old Firmware has "Nemo"-Icon (won't work with 2.0.0)
* To update start the new Kernel (bottom left corner have to show "1.40b")...
* ... then start the Firmware-Update-"Game" >fwupv20a.nds< (follow instructions)
* After update and restart the new firmware icon is "Chessmaster - Ubisoft Entertainment"
* You now can update your 3ds to V2.0.0
* You may NOT use Wifi-Engine for auto updating, because it may offers old Kernel 1.39b

Confirmed working: R4i SHDC "3DS" (Kernel 1.40b; Firmware v20a) on Nintendo 3DS V2.0.0-2E!

savior01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jpossi said:
For r4i-sdhc (3ds) update is available on http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
It isn't anounced on english site yet. But google translation of chinese site says 1.40b supports 3ds V2.0.0

* You need to download latest kernel AND the firmaware update and put it on the SD
* The old Firmware has "Nemo"-Icon (won't work with 2.0.0)
* To update start the new Kernel (bottom left corner have to show "1.40b")...
* ... then start the Firmware-Update-"Game" >fwupv20a.nds< (follow instructions)
* After update and restart the new firmware icon is "Chessmaster - Ubisoft Entertainment"
* You now can update your 3ds to V2.0.0
* You may NOT use Wifi-Engine for auto updating, because it may offers old Kernel 1.39b

Confirmed working: R4i SHDC "3DS" (Kernel 1.40b; Firmware v20a) on Nintendo 3DS V2.0.0-2E!

Great just what I was waiting for.........and oh look same as all the rest, you must use a ds or 3ds that has not been updated, well that's no good for me and I don't have one, and no one I know has one!

EDIT: anyone in Perth Australia on here got one to use to update?

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jpossi said:
jpossi said:

Video-Proof:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WLP9Ohewc[/youtube]
you need an old ds to update or you can use 3ds already updated?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
luka said:
jpossi said:
jpossi said:

Video-Proof:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WLP9Ohewc[/youtube]
you need an old ds to update or you can use 3ds already updated?
You can use a 3DS withOUT the latest firmware, or a DSi/Lite/Phat. A 3DS with the latest firmware will NOT work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!