Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can anybody help me out with a good diagram of where to put my wires on my sd card and to the 3dsxl mobo to unbrick my 3ds any suggestion welcome got everything running on my pi thanks to bkifft video so just need the soldering points

http://www.moddingstudio.com/conten...l-flashing-via-hardware&ModPagespeed=noscript or http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=150 for example.

oh and a small nitpick: the youtube vid is from gamesquest1, I'm just the noob who can't figure out how to remove the write protect ;)

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said that stupid thing with the password being zero, because someone posted a part of the bricking code but it was incomplete, later I got the entire code and there it was completely different.
A very lucky wild guess, even if it didn't have much basis in reality. Yes, we were very fortunate the code didn't function as exactly intended, a unique key based on the hardware id would have been nearly impossible to overcome.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for being a bit dense electronics-wise, but is that just a microSD to normalSD converter and it has resistances to shield the contacts?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for being a bit dense electronics-wise, but is that just a microSD to normalSD converter and it has resistances to shield the contacts?

That's just a passive (as in only contacts and wires, no logic or protection whatsoever) adapter to plug microSD format cards into SD format slots. And those are just a cheap way (as they often come free with micro SD cards) to connect the 3DS to an SD reader.

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.moddingstudio.com/conten...l-flashing-via-hardware&ModPagespeed=noscript or http://www.infinitydream.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsPath=102&newsdesk_id=150 for example.

oh and a small nitpick: the youtube vid is from gamesquest1, I'm just the noob who can't figure out how to remove the write protect ;)
Sorry bkifft I just realised my boo boo I've just been following u all on this bricking subject and I know you have put a lot of effort in to keep us all we'll informed and of course gamesquest1 just like to say thanks to you all for all your hard work

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's just a passive (as in only contacts and wires, no logic or protection whatsoever) adapter to plug microSD format cards into SD format slots. And those are just a cheap way (as they often come free with micro SD cards) to connect the 3DS to an SD reader.
But I believe I've read that you needed some shielding, how does that work? The software part is easy for me, hardware, not so much. Yet.
I don't need it, but I'd probably like to mod it at some point.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But I believe I've read that you needed some shielding, how does that work? The software part is easy for me, hardware, not so much. Yet.
I don't need it, but I'd probably like to mod it at some point.

if you use the arduino you need one of multiple ways to change the voltage level from the 5V the arduino uses to the 3.3V (e)MMC/SD devices use. easiest way to do that is to use a dedicated preassembled SD daughter board for the arduino. those ready to plug in daughter boards are commonly called "shield", nothing to do with shielding (tbh i've got no clue how that name came about).

the pi offers an SD slot right out of the box, so no logic level conversion/shield needed. same goes if you just want to dump/reflash NAND using a common SD reader.

Sorry for the doublepost.

Update: RPU now does the single action unbrick.

Thanks to gamesquest1 I was able to figure out what was wrong and manged to remove the write protection.

In other words: you just plug the brick into the Pi, check if the eMMC is locked with "s", if so you unbrick with "u", done. No more NAND flashing required.

Changes pushed to github, guide updated.

Tested and confirmed working by gamesquest1.

Now send me some frigging smut.

inian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow... good work :)
this pretty much finishes the "war" with bricking code... let's hope there won't be version 2, permanent write protect or some other shit...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gateway might of been running a side-line of buying up all the bricked consoles for pennys, im pretty sure they never wanted them to be unrecoverable

im pretty sure they have proved their point now, and probably made a pretty penny buying up all the BSOD consoles:rofl:

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wow... good work :)
this pretty much finishes the "war" with bricking code... let's hope there won't be version 2, permanent write protect or some other shit...
lol be prepared for another month of waiting as gateway now has to come up with more bricking code to prevent bkifft´s new easy to unbrick method :P

HAFEDHBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KRISZTIAN1997
Good luck, you are really great, for the most part people, utlisation of raspberry is difficult to do, I hope you will find a simple software solution, thank you to do this

thank you very much

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Not posible to do because the console doesnt boot while its locked.
think he may of meant like a program for windows......or at least i hope he did :ha:

im not too sure it would be possible, and even if it was if would be *really* specific card readers....and i doubt it would work with ANY usb readers.....i think it would be too much work for people to do considering there wasnt "that" many people who where bricked in the first place and the likelyhood of them having a specific card reader would be pretty unlikly....so if they have to buy a certain card reader.....they mays well just get a Raspberry pi and have done with :yaysp:

krisztian1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
think he may of meant like a program for windows......or at least i hope he did :ha:

im not too sure it would be possible, and even if it was if would be *really* specific card readers....and i doubt it would work with ANY usb readers.....i think it would be too much work for people to do considering there wasnt "that" many people who where bricked in the first place and the likelyhood of them having a specific card reader would be pretty unlikly....so if they have to buy a certain card reader.....they mays well just get a Raspberry pi and have done with :yaysp:

or use the r4i deluxe card :P (has SDIO mode, but I cant init the eMMC with it, only normal sd card)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3aCbNk8 lol smart keyboard