Hacking 3DS stays on Black Screen

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my luma to the latest version, updated to 11.14 and everything was working perfectly. Now a few days later I turn on my N3DS XL and it just stays on a black screen, the blue light stays on but nothing else happens. I've tried removing the SD card and powering it on, leaving it on for more than 30 mins, removing SD card and leaving it on for more than 30 mins, deleting the exdata for the home menu and theme, and nothing works. Not even Godmode9 is working, I updated it to the latest version and nothing. I have no idea why this is happening when it worked perfectly after updating.

Edit: Also I have B9S installed on it.

Last edited by SoulEater98,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I updated my luma to the latest version, updated to 11.14 and everything was working perfectly. Now a few days later I turn on my N3DS XL and it just stays on a black screen, the blue light stays on but nothing else happens. I've tried removing the SD card and powering it on, leaving it on for more than 30 mins, removing SD card and leaving it on for more than 30 mins, deleting the exdata for the home menu and theme, and nothing works. Not even Godmode9 is working, I updated it to the latest version and nothing. I have no idea why this is happening when it worked perfectly after updating.

Edit: Also I have B9S installed on it.
Did you have injected the Luma's boot.firm on CTRNAND (as said here - Section VI)? If yes, can you check if occurs the same with the SD card removed from the console?

Reactions: Alexander1970

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh... Then, pressing SELECT or START while booting your console doesn't actually work for you? Have you discarded any problem with your SD card?

If the 5th option given by TurdPooCharger doesn't also work, then you should think on use ntrboot to access to GM9 and do that I said about CTRTransfer methods.

PS: Maybe your console received a hit or some kind of physical damage? Can you hear a pop/crack type sound when you boot it on?

Last edited by fmkid,

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... Then, pressing SELECT or START while booting your console doesn't actually work for you? Have you discarded any problem with your SD card?

If the 5th option given by TurdPooCharger doesn't also work, then you should think on use ntrboot to access to GM9 and do that I said about CTRTransfer methods.

PS: Maybe your console received a hit or some kind of physical damage? Can you hear a pop/crack type sound when you boot it on?
Pressing start or select does nothing, I tried copying the files on another FAT32 formatted SD card and nothing happens.
There is no physical damage, no pop/crack type sound either when booting.

Edit: Tried all the options given by @TurdPooCharger and it did not work, still have a black screen.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing start or select does nothing, I tried copying the files on another FAT32 formatted SD card and nothing happens.
There is no physical damage, no pop/crack type sound either when booting.

Edit: Tried all the options given by @TurdPooCharger and it did not work, still have a black screen.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. Re-hack it by ntrboot (compatible DS flashcart required).
Try clearing the SD card slot reader of any dust contamination with a drinking straw through suction. Don't blow air in with your mouth because spit is corrosive to the pins. Try cleaning the card's contacts with a q-tip + isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Reinsert the card at different angles to make a better seating connection.

SoulEater98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Try clearing the SD card slot reader of any dust contamination with a drinking straw through suction. Don't blow air in with your mouth because spit is corrosive to the pins. Try cleaning the card's contacts with a q-tip + isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Reinsert the card at different angles to make a better seating connection.

I just tried with ntrboot and nothing happens. I don't know what caused this or why it's apparently bricked.

Furqaan12

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I just tried with ntrboot and nothing happens. I don't know what caused this or why it's apparently bricked.[/QUOTE
I just tried with ntrboot and nothing happens. I don't know what caused this or why it's apparently bricked.
Hello same problem for me
Did you be able to repair it
If yes teach me how you repair it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey bro
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey bro help me to repair it nothing work

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
oof, im having a problem like that on my n2dsxl [not hacked], turning it on with a charger gives me the first payload screen [the screen lights up a bit], then the leds randomly flashing and thats it. no crack sound, reads sd, tried without it.
HELP

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just another tip. Make sure you test your SD cards for bad sectors, even brand new ones can be corrupted. Also make sure you're using a fresh copy of the same version of Luma that's installed on your system already.

The problem is your console can't read the boot.firm of luma on your SD card and you never installed it to the CTRNAND. That means either your boot.firm is corrupted (or keeps getting corrupted during your transfer; always transfer manually don't use wifi/P2P to copy files) your SD card is bad, or the SD card slot is dirty.

EDIT: I would also recommend reformatting your SD card with Guitool for windows, at least 4 times. Fat32/32kb for 64GB and under Fat32/64kb for anything over 64GB.

Try to boot your console with ONLY the B9S and Luma files on your SD card, then gradually add your files back to see if something like a configuration file is causing an issue.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4