yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
PSP fanboys are just jealous
wink.gif

Anyway I can't wait to see what the software on the 3DS is going to be like, mainly the GUI but perhaps stuff like online pictochat and whatnot. Also I wonder if there is going to be some kind of in-game menu which would be pretty damn cool.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Infinite Zero said:
BlueStar said:
When people are talking about the 3DS having "2GB games" are they talking in gigabits or gigabytes?
what do you think?
mellow.gif

I have absolutely no idea, people don't seem to know the difference. Games cartridges (which as far as I'm aware is still what the 3DS will be using) are always talked of in terms of Gb, not GB.

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 16 2010, 11:29 AM)
it said GB, which is GigaBYTES

But what said? I can see replies saying "2GB games at launch" but I can't actually see anything in the links in the OP mentioning that or any source for it.
Considering that 2Gb is only 256MB, I think they will be 2GB, considering the jump between DS and 3DS.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Infinite Zero said:
BlueStar said:
When people are talking about the 3DS having "2GB games" are they talking in gigabits or gigabytes?
what do you think?
mellow.gif

I have absolutely no idea, people don't seem to know the difference. Games cartridges (which as far as I'm aware is still what the 3DS will be using) are always talked of in terms of Gb, not GB.

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 16 2010, 11:29 AM)
it said GB, which is GigaBYTES

But what said? I can see replies saying "2GB games at launch" but I can't actually see anything in the links in the OP mentioning that or any source for it.
Considering that 2Gb is only 256MB, I think they will be 2GB, considering the jump between DS and 3DS.
http://e3src.nintendo.com/3ds/
Under Features, it clearly says "2 GB max".

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nintendo E3 Network Copy Paste
QUOTE said:
Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.
Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Toni Plutonij said:
Shame that lower screen has same resolution as DS,
It has a higher resolution, it's 320x240 and the DS(i) has 256x192.

Shame the lower screen isn't the same size and resolution as the top screen.
frown.gif
I'm afraid developers will start focusing on the top screen as the "main" screen and forget the lower screen entirely.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Veho said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Shame that lower screen has same resolution as DS,
It has a higher resolution, it's 320x240 and the DS(i) has 256x192.

Shame the lower screen isn't the same size and resolution as the top screen.
frown.gif
I'm afraid developers will start focusing on the top screen as the "main" screen and forget the lower screen entirely.
I thought I read they did plan on changing the size of the lower screen to the same size as the top screen, but I think that might cause some problems with the way the face buttons are set out, they'd have to be on the sides of the 3DS to have enough room for the screen
ohmy.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
next up r43ds...
wink.gif

this looks awesome, im actually going to start saving for it now. im buying this when it comes out. preordering if possible.

we have the R4 3d dsill

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1