• I'm sure going to Pre-order the 3DS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might, when the price is right.

• I already Pre-ordered the 3DS!

• I'm not gonna Pre-order it.

• I will buy it a few weeks after the launch date.

• PS4 / PSP2 / Wii2 / Xbox720? 0_o

• Total voters

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to get the 3DS until they remodel it : 3DS Lite
smileipb2.png

EDIT : Also waiting to see if there's any glitches like the iPhone 4

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just happened to have an uncle that works at Nintendo, he's not a higher up, but he's good friends with one. I'm sure he'll find someway to get me one, since he got me a Wii on launch, and also a DS Phat
smile.gif
If he doesn't, then i could aways get a friend of mine that works at Best Buy to pick one up for me
smile.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
There was this guy who collected donations on his site, then went out on console launch days, bought the console, then went out in front of the huge line of people, and smashed it to pieces on the pavement. Hilarious.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI

And yes, due to my total impatience, I'm getting this at launch before price drops or "lite" editions. Silly me.
Rest in Peace, phat one
frown.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
mysticwaterfall said:
I'll pre-order online. I didn't pre-order the wii (didn't get that until about a year and a half later) but did pre-order GCN from ebgames and got it two days early.
I will remember that one. If the 3DS doesn't have Region lock etc. I may pre-order it on that site. And have it for way cheaper price (Dollar to Euro) and within a reasonable time even with shipping. haha

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maz7006 said:
im never gna buy anything or pre-order anything on launch ever again (bad experience, long story)
I'd be interested in hearing/reading that, actually.

Guild McCommunist said:
Probably won't bother getting this on launch. If anything I'll wait until the craze dies down and the console prices drop a bit. Same goes with game prices. Hell I'll probably get it used; I hardly buy anything new these days.
I'm probably kinda the same. I'm not the sort of person obsessed enough to camp out, but I might still be interested in getting one of these relatively early. If they sell out very quickly and I have to wait a while, that'll be fine, especially as it gives time for any flaws to be highlighted. I would be interested in getting it new though.

QUOTE(Midna @ Aug 8 2010, 08:09 PM)
There was this guy who collected donations on his site, then went out on console launch days, bought the console, then went out in front of the huge line of people, and smashed it to pieces on the pavement. Hilarious.
rofl.gif
I'm not sure if I've heard that before or not, but that's funny.

Adr990

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deathmore said:
Ok off topic but every time i open up my webbrowser it says theres a new post in this topic when there isn't
That´s probably because there only has been a new Poll vote instead of a new post.
(Yes I had that fight too though.)

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Well, I think we won't have any "launch-day" here in Latvia. It will probably get released here some months after UK and will cost a fortune, so I'll probaably pre-order online it from UK or US.

Adr990

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Better go for US than anyway. (Dollar is cheaper than UK's currency's )

Something I highly doubt though, is that people who Pre-order the 3DS are actually still have to get up early and get in the line.
I mean, Nintendo's last experience on the Wii, even for Pre-orders was a big failure.

Don't trust the Pre-order feelings and go stand in that line.
yaynds.gif

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Adr990 said:

Something I highly doubt though, is that people who Pre-order the 3DS are actually still have to get up early and get in the line.
I mean, Nintendo's last experience on the Wii, even for Pre-orders was a big failure.

yaynds.gif
Or people could just get it delivered, I know you people want it early as possible but delivery is garunteed right?

Also it's a handheld no way is it going to be sold out like the wii, there probably will be double amount of stock compared to wii, the box will probably be half the size so there should be more than enough. It's not going to be as big as a home console

Adr990

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deathmore said:
Or people could just get it delivered, I know you people want it early as possible but delivery is garunteed right?

Also it's a handheld no way is it going to be sold out like the wii, there probably will be double amount of stock compared to wii, the box will probably be half the size so there should be more than enough. It's not going to be as big as a home console
Yes but, deliveries probably will be done as last. And withing just a hour the 3DS can be sold out.
(I don't exclude it heh)

Though I bet they won't make the same mistake again indeed. (besides its a little smaller, and a smaller box)

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Deathmore said:
Adr990 said:

yaynds.gif

I'm sorry, but the reason for lack of Wiis available at launch was because Nintendo simply didn't make enough quick enough not because the boxes were too big so shops couldn't fit enough in their stock rooms.
rolleyes.gif

Handhelds can succumb to the shortage nightmare, too. I remember the DS and PSP launches back in 2004 - they were crazy. DSs selling for ~£300 and PSPs selling for nearly £500 on eBay not long after their respective US and Japanese launches.

I pre-ordered my US DS from the now-dead Lik-Sang the March before it was released (~8 months) in the November of '04, and I still didn't get mine until a week after the Japanese launch at the start of December.

I remember paying through the nose for a newish PSP. Over RRP, but not ridiculous amounts. It was a few months after launch so stock was starting to trickle through retailers fairly regularly so the prices started to level out a bit.

The Wii and Xbox 360 launches were atrocious for levels of stock, too. Simply not enough units made, something Nintendo seem to have a habit of doing. I don't know whether it's deliberate to create a hyper-inflated demand for the consoles, or if it's deliberate in case the console doesn't take off and they haven't made more than the level of demand or whether they just don't learn from previous launches.

I would be very surprised if Nintendo got this launch 'right' and managed to supply the demand, based on their past launches, but I'm keeping the fair that they nail the production.
yaynds.gif

Either way, I'm pre-ordering as soon as I possibly can. UK too - in case of region lock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.