• I'm sure going to Pre-order the 3DS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might, when the price is right.

• I already Pre-ordered the 3DS!

• I'm not gonna Pre-order it.

• I will buy it a few weeks after the launch date.

• PS4 / PSP2 / Wii2 / Xbox720? 0_o

• Total voters

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Bull fuckin shit, I didn't pre-order my wii, I waited, IN MY CAR, overnight at a circuit city (we all got out of our cars to wait in a line a few hours before they opened.) Dipshits about a mile away were camped out at the best buy for days. Even after everyone in line got their wii, there were still wiis left (probably not for long.)

So my point is, fuck pre-ordering. Just drive around and find the smallest line
Or pre-order and get it a day or two early

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
yuyuyup said:
Bull fuckin shit, I didn't pre-order my wii, I waited, IN MY CAR, overnight at a circuit city (we all got out of our cars to wait in a line a few hours before they opened.) Dipshits about a mile away were camped out at the best buy for days. Even after everyone in line got their wii, there were still wiis left (probably not for long.)

Well that isn't how it works in the USA. Lots of stores have a first-come-first-served policy, and the preorders that ARE available are very limited and you are usually required to preorder some ridiculous ripoff package deal buying tons of controllers/shit games/etc.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Deathmore said:
yuyuyup said:

Well that isn't how it works in the USA. Lots of stores have a first-come-first-served policy, and the preorders that ARE available are very limited and you are usually required to preorder some ridiculous ripoff package deal buying tons of controllers/shit games/etc.
Well who wouldn't want to get some expensive deal for 5 games with the 3DS which in turn is cheaper than buying 5 games seperately
rolleyes.gif
, I know I know, it's different here. We're a smaller country, our delivery system works very quickly, I've preordered many things before and I've always got them early like with GTA IV (which came out on a tuesday, but I recieved it on the previous thursday), other games I have gotten early, but over here when you preorder you're pretty much garunteed to get one, also Im not sure if this is going to be as big as a main console, since well the DSlite and DSi didn't have big launches

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:
Deathmore said:
yuyuyup said:

In the UK, you can only get it early if you preorder online, not in-store. People only get ever preorders a day or two early because the retailer sends the item early to ensure it arrives by the release; they don't deliberately have you receive an item before release. Personally, I've never received a preorder early and on occasion have even received them late.

Preorders in-store are also limited here, but if you do preorder, you're guaranteed your item when you get to the counter.

And we're often made to buy the rip-off bundles, too.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The Wii launch brings back good memories of hours of Bomberman and Mario Kart DS, along with other DS games. I'm definitely going to be attending the midnight launch for it. It's hard to tell how big it's going to be, seeing that handheld systems don't really cause THAT much excitement (You know what I mean). Sure, the 3DS is like a home console in specs, but to most, it doesn't have the same appeal.

I'm just hoping there are a lot of people there, but not TOO many. It's not as fun with only a few, but it's not enjoyable when it's crowded.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope the same thing. I think a crowded line would be a storm, therefore end up badly, grab the 3DS Box out of each other's hand, etc.

Better get prepared, hmm?
I will try to go with a friend for that reason and fun ofc.

This week I'm probably going to this game-stores nearby me, and try to pre-order the 3DS.
I will report if it's possible already here in The Netherlands, and what they tell me about the 3DS eventually. I don't expect anything special though. heh

Edit:
Who already Pre-ordered the 3DS? And where did you Pre-ordered it?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably won't bother getting this on launch. If anything I'll wait until the craze dies down and the console prices drop a bit. Same goes with game prices. Hell I'll probably get it used; I hardly buy anything new these days.

I probably won't even bother getting it until the pricing is under $200.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
im never gna buy anything or pre-order anything on launch ever again (bad experience, long story)

i will wait for hardware tests, hardware reviews, some games to pop up. Heck if i have to wait a good 2/3 months i dnt mind. This is so the case since we really dnt know much about the 3DS other than some hardware specs, some games, but nothing serious about the firmware, or the interface in general.

true that, i remember when the ps3 first came out, there were people who were stabbed or robbed for the console, it's ridiculous, i would never go into a shop and pre order a very popular console it's suicide lol

Peelbash said:
Under the stress of peer pressure, I'll preorder it in October. Actually a good idea, now that I think about it.

just because everyone else is getting it doesn't mean that you have too, look at the positives of not pre ordering, you will get a better deal when bundles and price cuts start appearing, and also you will get a much bigger choice of games to choose from too and you know nintendo will release a lite version in a year or 2 anyway.

QUOTE(fudgenuts64 @ Aug 8 2010, 01:26 AM)
I got my Wii at launch. I remember getting up at 4:30AM and waiting in line for 4 hours to get it. Good times
smile.gif

that is ridiculous and sad, it's only a console, i remember watching videos of riots when the nintendo Wii came out, people were camping for days just to have one! you can save yourself the hassle of getting up early, order it online and it is delivered straight to your door.

Samurai Goomba

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Probably won't bother getting this on launch. If anything I'll wait until the craze dies down and the console prices drop a bit. Same goes with game prices. Hell I'll probably get it used; I hardly buy anything new these days.

I probably won't even bother getting it until the pricing is under $200.
Ignoring the used part, I second that. Be it to my detriment or not, I rarely buy used games/consoles.

jimwhat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What stores usually have people waiting outside on the day of release. I've never bought a system on launch day so I don't know where I should go. I know Best Buy should have it and probably Game Stop, but are there any others?

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pikachu945 said:
oh yeah I will be pre-ordering it for sure my birthday is the day we know the release date it is going to be awsome!!!!!!
smile.gif

I'm probably going to pre-order it to because my Birthday is a few weeks after the first of november!!
yay.gif
(which is when it's said to be released)

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deathmore said:
Slyakin said:
I'm gonna pre-order, but I don't know how crowded it will get; my local EB Games is in the mall.

I'll just go and wait, and if they run out, I'll probably bargain to get my pre-order half off or something.
Over here I don't think you can preorder for store pick up over here. Also I've worked at HMV, and over here if you pre-order you are garunteed to get it, especially if it's HMV. If HMV does take Pre-Order for instore pick up, it's garunteed that you can get it since they label the system/games as your own, all you need is your reservation number and ID.

I don't get why people wouldn't preorder, since if it's like the wii, you're better off to since you're garunteed to get one.

true true if you pre-order in the UK you are almost garunteed to get it like when I Pre-ordered my DSi I got it on the release date from GAME and in the afternoon!! But then again that was just the DSi.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Pre-order? Not a chance.

Wait a year or two for a hardware revision?
no gloss
better comfort?
presumably better firmware updates
colour choices
better bundles
better prices and decent software choice?
Chance.

If they actually made the hardware non-gloss and more comfortable, I'd have somewhat less reservation.
But really the 3D games they need to work on and amaze people with.

DS compatibility is no feature I'm looking forward to because the compatibility will include black bars on those new screens, much like running Game Boy Advance games on the DS; a poor experience (in my opinion).

Widescreen movies certainly aren't enticing me on that top screen (it isn't 16:9). So even if they make 3D movies, some compromise will need to be made here. Not nice.

So again that pretty much leaves killer 3D games and a more comfortable unit as selling points, and so far I have no proof they have delivered on either of those.

I can definitely put 3DS in the wait pile, but I am eager to see the 3D effect with my own eyes as soon as possible
smile.gif

It still won't make me change my mind, though
smile.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There was this guy who collected donations on his site, then went out on console launch days, bought the console, then went out in front of the huge line of people, and smashed it to pieces on the pavement. Hilarious.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI

And yes, due to my total impatience, I'm getting this at launch before price drops or "lite" editions. Silly me.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
There was this guy who collected donations on his site, then went out on console launch days, bought the console, then went out in front of the huge line of people, and smashed it to pieces on the pavement. Hilarious.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI

And yes, due to my total impatience, I'm getting this at launch before price drops or "lite" editions. Silly me.
I remember watching that and the wii one after they both launched.

Anyone up for it with the 3DS?
rolleyes.gif

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Deathmore said:
Anyone up for it with the 3DS?
rolleyes.gif

I'd rather see a dissection from an early 3DS hardware owner. We'll see one from ifixit or similar site, for sure.

Smashing such a small unit doesn't impress me too much. I'm much rather see how it survives real-world falls, sitting on it in the back pocket, seeing it hit the pavement, opening and pushing the top screen with force, sitting on it while open in triangle shape and general scratch resistance and durability (at least document all this before smashing it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill