• Likes 43

SpicyMemes96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies-I r
Both the NAND backup and the "Nintendo 3DS" folder backup were made a week ago? In that case, your current apps and their state should be from a week ago.

Luma makes your console region-free, so yes.

Could Checkpoint have anything to do with this? I checked the saves and they're all from August

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hey, i downloaded some 3DS cia files. but my nintendo gave some software update, can i download m through out the store ?
If the games you installed are of the same region of your console, then yes. If not, look up the update online.
Could Checkpoint have anything to do with this? I checked the saves and they're all from August
That doesn't explain why your apps are missing, unless you want to tell by that that your Nintendo 3DS folder backup is from August and you didn't have your apps installed then.

visionseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
prob more a stupid question than a noob one can I cfw 3dsxl new to play backups I did on my old 3ds over a year ago forgot how lol and cant see any for 11.9.0-42e i dont mind downgrading if that what takes and if there a way many thanks for any help and appologies for my stupidness or is there a way to play 3ds/cia or any other format if I have sd card version of homebrew thanks again

Last edited by visionseeker,

SpicyMemes96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the games you installed are of the same region of your console, then yes. If not, look up the update online.

That doesn't explain why your apps are missing, unless you want to tell by that that your Nintendo 3DS folder backup is from August and you didn't have your apps installed then.
Yes, that's what i meant. August was when I first CFW'd my 3DS and hadn't installed all those apps yet.

Off-topic, but would it be possible to use the NAND backup only, and not the Nintendo 3DS folder, to restore the console to the previous state?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
prob more a stupid question than a noob one can I cfw 3dsxl new to play backups I did on my old 3ds over a year ago forgot how lol and cant see any for 11.9.0-42e i dont mind downgrading if that what takes and if there a way many thanks for any help and appologies for my stupidness or is there a way to play 3ds/cia or any other format if I have sd card version of homebrew thanks again
https://3ds.hacks.guide has you covered. Ask any doubts on this thread.

Off-topic, but would it be possible to use the NAND backup only, and not the Nintendo 3DS folder, to restore the console to the previous state?
To your August state? I think. But afaik you'll have to install anything more recent again. Sorry.

VenomSNK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So today I encountered first problem with cias files. Everything works like a charm, except of eShop games (Super Mario Maker and Minecraft for example). When I try to launch them an error occurs "an exception occurred. Fault status: Debug event". Can someone tell me what is going on here? :unsure:

Minireia

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hiya, I'm a newcomer both here and to the 3ds family (first time ever owning a Nintendo console). My brother's friend sold me his 3ds (new 3ds xl) at a very cheap price. It already is running on 9.9.0-26E with Luma 3DS v7.0.4. I was looking to update the system but reading through the 3ds hack guide is too complicated for me.

I have a few questions about the updating process.

• Do I need to update Luma first or should I proceed to upgrade from a9lh to b9s then upgrade Luma?
  • Is it safe to turn on Wifi (for adding friends and maybe online for pokemon) and how can I know if the console is banned from e-shop?
  • Are the anything else that I need to take caution about?
  • Lastly, does the upgrading the consoles actual firmware comes last once I'm done with these steps?

I just want to make sure I got it right before I do anything on the console. Thank you and season's greetings to all :)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hiya, I'm a newcomer both here and to the 3ds family (first time ever owning a Nintendo console). My brother's friend sold me his 3ds (new 3ds xl) at a very cheap price. It already is running on 9.9.0-26E with Luma 3DS v7.0.4. I was looking to update the system but reading through the 3ds hack guide is too complicated for me.

I have a few questions about the updating process.

• Do I need to update Luma first or should I proceed to upgrade from a9lh to b9s then upgrade Luma?
  • Is it safe to turn on Wifi (for adding friends and maybe online for pokemon) and how can I know if the console is banned from e-shop?
  • Are the anything else that I need to take caution about?
  • Lastly, does the upgrading the consoles actual firmware comes last once I'm done with these steps?

I just want to make sure I got it right before I do anything on the console. Thank you and season's greetings to all :)
The page https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s contains all information you need and there is no easier description that covers all you have to do. It is not complicated, it's just long because this is an easy step-by-step guide. Just read carefully and follow the instructions one line after another. To answer your questions:
  • You have to download both, the 7.0.5 (latest for A9LH) and the 9.1 (latest overall) release of Luma. After the A9LH → B9S process you will be using the latest Luma.
  • Yes and just try to connect to the Shop after you have completed the guide. Eshop bans are very, very rare on the 3DS.
  • Simply:
    • Do not cheat online.
    • Do not play leaked games online before official release.
    • Do not try to (re-)download titles you did not pay from the shop.
    • Create NAND-backups and backup your save data with Checkpoint and/or JKSM from time to time.
  • The guide will tell you when it's time to upgrade the official firmware.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been away for a while. Just found out that freeshop is no longer working on my 2ds.

Get a picture gravestone dating 2014-2018 and all I am able to do is go back to the home menu.

Is it really done for good?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Been away for a while. Just found out that freeshop is no longer working on my 2ds.

Get a picture gravestone dating 2014-2018 and all I am able to do is go back to the home menu.

Is it really done for good?
This post explains what killed freeShop and any app that downloaded from the CDN.

Now you'll have to get your games from places like that iso site. To install any .cia files that you find, place them on a folder (like a "cias" one on the root, for easy access) on your SD card and go to FBI. Then open that folder and choose to install that file.

You can't share files nor give directions here, as those sites host copyrighted content.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to update to 11.9? And did anything important (Luma, B9S, etc.) get updated? I’ve been long gone from the hacking scene for a while and just wanna know what to update and if it’s safe.

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Is it safe to update to 11.9? And did anything important (Luma, B9S, etc.) get updated? I’ve been long gone from the hacking scene for a while and just wanna know what to update and if it’s safe.
Yes and no. If you are on 11.8 then you can simply update and everything will be fine.

Reactions: AwesomeSaucemGuy

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a guide on how to use your flashcart on the 3ds? I tried inserting my r4itt on my DS and nothing happened.
Normally you won't need a guide to use a flashcart. Following the link on the GBAtemp wiki about R4itt to filetrip shows the latest kernel for this cart is from mid 2010. Pretty old. There is a chance this cart never worked on the 3DS or only on low firmware versions. Do you have custom firmware installed on your 3DS?

If you have cfw and the cart is not shown on the Home Menu after inserting, try accessing the cart with GodMode9 to see if there is a contact issue. If the R4itt never worked with 3DS consoles, you might have success with ntrlauncher which can be used with TWiLight Menu++. Make sure the flashcart itself is okay and has the correct kernel (try it with a DS-lite/phat). But there is a good chance you can completely ignore the old flashcart and use TWiLight Menu++ instead for booting DS games from the (micro-)SD inside the console.

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normally you won't need a guide to use a flashcart. Following the link on the GBAtemp wiki about R4itt to filetrip shows the latest kernel for this cart is from mid 2010. Pretty old. There is a chance this cart never worked on the 3DS or only on low firmware versions. Do you have custom firmware installed on your 3DS?

If you have cfw and the cart is not shown on the Home Menu after inserting, try accessing the cart with GodMode9 to see if there is a contact issue. If the R4itt never worked with 3DS consoles, you might have success with ntrlauncher which can be used with TWiLight Menu++. Make sure the flashcart itself is okay and has the correct kernel (try it with a DS-lite/phat). But there is a good chance you can completely ignore the old flashcart and use TWiLight Menu++ instead for booting DS games from the (micro-)SD inside the console.

Actually now I'm not sure if it's an r4itt it says on the flashcart R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

I'm not entirely sure what to look for in godmode9, is it gamecart? If it's gamecart then it's 0bytes with the flashcart inserted. I'm not sure where to go from here, I tried multiple firmware even the one that came with the device, and nothing workes, this might be a lost cause.

Last edited by kaizen,

onithalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi everyone , I have a issue with patched game and cheat with my O3ds. Like when I launch a cheat in game(like dqm3 with english patch or fire emblem with marriage patch) my whole 3ds crash...I know I'm not the only one but does anybody know how to help this ?

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
hi guys I cant seem to search steel diver sub wars in my eshop.. what are my other options? I dont mind to pay for other games.. please help .. I am stuck at "launching the game (steel diver), thanks!

Sorry i set up my new device with random region, now it is able to download thanks!

Last edited by Maxkhoon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    Teeth? What Teeth?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Do crack instead. Beer is more of a depressant.
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    I like taking trips without even leaving my house, if ya know what I mean.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hygienist name is Jose I'm like fuck Juan found me
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me I ohio.. It been storming on off alk day here
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You must be north of me I ohio.. It been storming on off alk day here