• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

TheDandyHoneybadger

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
I traded some of my Yugioh cards for a Old 3DS XL 11.2.0-35U and the guy is going to send me the console Monday.
I already have some knowledge about the hacking scene (used to be a x360 and PSP guy) and i know that i can put a CFW on my 3DS using SoundHax.
That's all good and dandy but i have some questions;

→ I'm allowed to update to 11.8 after i get Sys 11.2?
→ If i get Sys 11.2 and Luma3DS, i can play games online? Like Smash or Pokémon? Or i need 11.8?
→ Is it worth to Update to 11.8 and CFW my console from there? (I read about the new Frogminer exploit)

Thanks in advance!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  1. Updating is no problem once you have custom firmware
  2. You need the latest version for online play
  3. From what I know (frogminer is still new) Soundhax is much easier. There is no reason not to use Soundhax.
In short: First stay on 11.2, install custom firmware via 3ds.hacks.guide ; if you follow the guide, you'll be prompted to update your system at some point.

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends. I am getting a old 3DS XL tomorrow and just wanted to know a few things.

1. Is all firmwares version hackable?
&
2. I have a New 3DS console using luma and al9h I think it's called? Can I transfer my New 3DS console system to the old 3DS XL?
&
3. Can the old 3DS XL be used with a micro 64gb sd card with adapater?

Thank you in advance

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  1. Short answer: Yes! Longer answer: Seedminder (needs a 2$ game), ntrboot (needs a compatible flashcard), Frogminer (new free method).
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/newhax-frogminer-100-free-b9s-cfw-11-8-us-eu-jp.519512/
  2. al9h is outdated. Follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
    An official transfer new → old is not possible. However you can dump your installed titles and saves. See here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-system-transfer-today-whats-the-best-way.518867/ (you have to ignore the part with the official system transfer).
  3. Yes. Micro SD with adapter is not problem. But remember to format the card with FAT32 and 32kb cluster size. The exFAT filesystem is not supported on the 3DS. On a Windows computer you will have to use something like guiformat because the internal programs will refuse to format large drives with FAT32.

Reactions: mesakagi

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have B9S and I'm on 11.6 what was all this talk about people getting banned? I know freeShop doesn't work anymore but is there something I should do before updating to get my 3DS ready for 11.8?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I have B9S and I'm on 11.6 what was all this talk about people getting banned? I know freeShop doesn't work anymore but is there something I should do before updating to get my 3DS ready for 11.8?
There was this thing about tickets and why attempting to download with a forged one might flag your console, but no banwave has been done as of now.

Aside of updating to the latest Luma release, nothing needed for 11.8.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 3DS is on 11.7, B9S'd and presently banned. I'm told I could maybe use a donor to un-ban, but wondering if I should make the effort.

On another, is it even worth updating the system firmware if I already am on CFW and stuff?

Daraen

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone I've a question. I want to play online on my SSMB 3DS (bought). But i have to update..
Can I update safely ? I'm on CFW with luma etc..

Vinícius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello
Today I purchased a 3DS XL fw 11.1.0-34. It is already unlocked, even with some games installed. I have not seen the luma installed, just the FBI, NTR CFW, Homebrew and Browser channel.

The last firmware I've been reading has been blocking piracy services. Is there a secure firmware? If so, how do I upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello
Today I purchased a 3DS XL fw 11.1.0-34. It is already unlocked, even with some games installed. I have not seen the luma installed, just the FBI, NTR CFW, Homebrew and Browser channel.

The last firmware I've been reading has been blocking piracy services. Is there a secure firmware? If so, how do I upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
FreeShop is blocked on all firmwares, so don't worry about that.

Hold Select on boot to see your Luma version. If it is 7.0.5 or less, follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. If it is 7.1, follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s. If it is 8.0-9.0, just get the latest boot.firm from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace the boot.firm on your SD card. In all cases, update to the latest firmware afterwards.

Reactions: Vinícius

Vinícius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
So my 3DS is on 11.7, B9S'd and presently banned. I'm told I could maybe use a donor to un-ban, but wondering if I should make the effort.

On another, is it even worth updating the system firmware if I already am on CFW and stuff?
If you use online, why not unban? Otherwise, eh.

There's no difference between being on 11.8 and being on <11.8. Only being able to play online.
wow. Thanks dude!
miss*

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use online, why not unban? Otherwise, eh.

There's no difference between being on 11.8 and being on <11.8. Only being able to play online.

miss*
Mostly asking, because now said 3DS keeps constantly nagging every time I flip it open, even with the wireless disabled. Also just WarioWare Gold (last game I was able to install through freeshop), also griping about an update available.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Mostly asking, because now said 3DS keeps constantly nagging every time I flip it open, even with the wireless disabled. Also just WarioWare Gold (last game I was able to install through freeshop), also griping about an update available.

You could either update (make sure to have Luma 9.1) or delete update data (going into Recovery Mode) to stop the nagging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPUzBRjg1E