• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright so everything is set up on the system, I have everything installed but now I'm having another issue and I'm sure this is one of those "hey stupid" things but here we go.

-n3DS 11.6.0-39U home brewed successfully via http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm and everyone that helped from here.
-ejected R4 card
-flipped switch
-went back to https://www.r4ids.cn to see if I could find anything on using the r4 card now... nothing
-checked here you guys said "flip switch get kernel" found kernel download from r4ids.cn
-clicked link and went to https://filetrip.net/dl?1MMmKH3zio
View attachment 119874
-looked for older or different site
-found http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
-downloaded
-extracted to root
-put game in
-put sd in r4 to attempt
-turned on system
-launched r4
-screen went black
-screen flashed white
-the screen went back to black
-pressed home, the option came up to take me to the home screen.

I know I'm missing something, I'm sure it's simple but I don't have a clue. Any advice?
kernels are not the same flashcarts. the kernel from r4i-sdhc will not work on r4igold

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here's the kernel for the r4igold r4ids.cn

Attachments

• Wood_R4iGold_V1.64.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 103

nanova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The more I read about b9s, Luma etc. the more confused I am :)

I posted a thread in the wrong section here: (/threads/before-i-screw-up-can-you-give-me-a-hand-gw3ds-luma-updates.500693/)

Basically I'm trying to setup a Luma cfw to work with my Gateway card.
I followed Plailect's guide up to the part where it says to upgrade the firmware by going to System Settings.
Then, following this guide (/threads/gateway-and-b9s-luma.493621/), my GW card works again. On that same thread Temptress Cerise wrote that you shouldn't boot into GW mode if you are on 11.3+. If I continue with Plailect's guide and update the system under Luma wouldn't I end up with a firmware that isn't supported by GW?

At the moment I have b9s installed, Luma installed and not updated (if I go on System Settings it shows "Sys 4.5.0-10E"), and Gateway works.

What should I do next?

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mmmmmmmmmh.... I'm lost.

I install homebrew launcher (for now) because someone borrow me the shitty Freaky Form Deluxe. It works, i can access to the Homebrew Launcher. BUT, is there a way tyo create a shortcut on my 3Ds or I must trigger the exploit each time I want to access HBL? (My goal is to install emulators)

Edit: Menuhax FTW?

Last edited by Cristagally,

shadyeu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey,

so when i open freeshop i get the arm11 error. does updating to to 9.0 fix this problem, if yes how can i update it. sry for the stupid question but iam new to the 3ds hacking. thx for reading

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
when i open freeshop, after 5-10 second of opening the app, it crashes.
Oh, that sucks. Maybe report it on the main freeShop thread and let them ask you questions to try to work out why that happens. In the mean time delete the 3ds/data/freeShop folder and see if that helps

hey,

so when i open freeshop i get the arm11 error. does updating to to 9.0 fix this problem, if yes how can i update it. sry for the stupid question but iam new to the 3ds hacking. thx for reading
It may do. Hold Select on boot to see what Luma version you have.
If you have 7.0.5 or less follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
If you have 7.1 follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
If you have 8.0 or later get the newest boot.firm from https://github.com/AuroraWright/releases

mmmmmmmmmh.... I'm lost.

I install homebrew launcher (for now) because someone borrow me the shitty Freaky Form Deluxe. It works, i can access to the Homebrew Launcher. BUT, is there a way tyo create a shortcut on my 3Ds or I must trigger the exploit each time I want to access HBL? (My goal is to install emulators)

Edit: Menuhax FTW?
If you want to install anything you need CFW. Follow https://3ds.guide. Freaky Forms will probably not help you (you can only install CFW from the homebrew launcher on 11.3 or less in which case SoundHax will likely work, and you won't need Freaky Forms).

The more I read about b9s, Luma etc. the more confused I am :)

I posted a thread in the wrong section here: (/threads/before-i-screw-up-can-you-give-me-a-hand-gw3ds-luma-updates.500693/)

Basically I'm trying to setup a Luma cfw to work with my Gateway card.
I followed Plailect's guide up to the part where it says to upgrade the firmware by going to System Settings.
Then, following this guide (/threads/gateway-and-b9s-luma.493621/), my GW card works again. On that same thread Temptress Cerise wrote that you shouldn't boot into GW mode if you are on 11.3+. If I continue with Plailect's guide and update the system under Luma wouldn't I end up with a firmware that isn't supported by GW?

At the moment I have b9s installed, Luma installed and not updated (if I go on System Settings it shows "Sys 4.5.0-10E"), and Gateway works.

What should I do next?
You can't update past 11.2 if you want Gateway to keep working. Get a rom of Yoshi's Wooly World, then open the Gateway menu (probably holding L when booting Gateway mode should do it), then hold Up while selecting boot Gateway mode in the menu. Try to play Yoshi and it will update you to 11.2.

Reactions: nanova

nanova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't update past 11.2 if you want Gateway to keep working. Get a rom of Yoshi's Wooly World, then open the Gateway menu (probably holding L when booting Gateway mode should do it), then hold Up while selecting boot Gateway mode in the menu. Try to play Yoshi and it will update you to 11.2.

Thank you for the reply, really.

That should update my GW emunand.
Just another question and I think I'm set: in his guide, Section II - Updating the System Plailect writes that we should update by going to System Settings while using B9S + Luma (obviously not in GW mode), wouldn't that update the system and make it impossible to load the Gateway? Is it safe to update, following Plailect guide, if I want to continue using my Gateway?

Aye I'm a noob!

Last edited by nanova,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for the reply, really.

That should update my GW emunand.
Just another question and I think I'm set: in his guide, Section II - Updating the System Plailect writes that we should update by going to System Settings while using B9S + Luma (obviously not in GW mode), wouldn't that update the system and make it impossible to load the Gateway? Is it safe to update, following Plailect guide, if I want to continue using my Gateway?

Aye I'm a noob!

If you update sysNAND in Luma mode, you can update using System Settings, to the latest version. However, you won't be able to boot Gateway mode in sysNAND anymore. If you update while in Gateway sysNAND mode you will lose your hax and have to start over from the beginning with a stock 11.6 system.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

nanova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you update sysNAND in Luma mode, you can update using System Settings, to the latest version. However, you won't be able to boot Gateway mode in sysNAND anymore. If you update while in Gateway sysNAND mode you will lose your hax and have to start over from the beginning with a stock 11.6 system.

Again thank you.

So, if I update sysNAND in Luma mode to the latest firmware, I'll still be able to load Gateway in emuNAND, correct? This way I should be able to load GW when I need it and use Luma for everything else, yes?
If not, should I buy a game on 11.2 and update Luma with it?

I'm just trying to piece the puzzle together while being extra careful.

Last edited by nanova,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Again thank you.

So, if I update sysNAND in Luma mode to the latest firmware, I'll still be able to load Gateway in emuNAND, correct? This way I should be able to load GW when I need it and use Luma for everything else, yes?
If not, should I buy a game on 11.2 and update Luma with it?

I'm just trying to piece the puzzle together while being extra careful.
That's right. No need to buy a game. You can update your Gateway emuNAND with the method I said before.

Jahhhhhh

Trophies
XP
Country
hello! after region changing, there were 2 blank icon on the homescreen. I've used tinyformat in hopes that those blank icons will be delered but I was wrong, it's still there. How can I delete them?

edit: I formatted using the system settings. It's fine now :)

Last edited by Jahhhhhh,

Editagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question: is a firmware update required for some games / and if I do update, will I able to go back to the old firmware, if needed?

Hi!

I’ve bought a second hand New 3DS XL. System firmware is 9.4. Following the 3DS Hacks Guide it runs CFW now.

Cia games and homebrew software install perfectly. Some games work, but not all of them. For example Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and Shovel Knight don’t start, they’re stuck at the loading screen (top display black with the moving 3DS logo, bottom display says [Nintendo]). My only option is to turn the system off.

1. Is it because of my 9.4 firmware? I.e. should I update the system to play these games? I expect it to go to 11.6 if I update now.

2. If I do update, and decide later on that I want to go back to 9.4, is it enough to [restore Sysnand] in Godmode9? I have an [Essential backup] made with Godmode9, just like the guide said. If I restore my backup Sysnand, will the firmware change back to 9.2?

3. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to update from 9.2 to 11.6?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!
Does anybody happen to know this?
Thanks!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi!
Does anybody happen to know this?
Thanks!
The guide should have had you update to 11.6 in its finalizing-setup page. Either you did that or you intentionally skipped it.
Updating is SAFE! There are no disadvantages on being on the latest firmware version.
I don't see any reason for you to want to go back to 9.4. Do you have any reasons for doing this?

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to purchase a 2ds XL (Black & Tourquoise). Can someone please confirm whether this model can have CFW installed on it?

I've recently installed CFW on a few 2ds models using a Flashcard. Would like to do the same with this one.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm about to purchase a 2ds XL (Black & Tourquoise). Can someone please confirm whether this model can have CFW installed on it?

I've recently installed CFW on a few 2ds models using a Flashcard. Would like to do the same with this one.
Yes, the flashcart method works on all firmware versions and is unpatchable (because the exploit is in ROM (read-only memory))

Reactions: Youser

Deleted member 383179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Upon trying to restore my missing Pokemon sun save, the game tells me that the "save data is not compatible with this version." I have a backup from several months ago that I tried to restore, but I had multiple save files I was using for different ROM hacks. Having not tried to restore it before, I don't know how to fix my save file.

I have read that there is some sort of protection against save restore using 'secure values,' and that I need a current save backup to get the secure value (as far as I understood it anyways) so would creating a new file, backup up the save, and then fixing the secure value restore my save? All I really want is my Pokémon from the save, not the actual save, but I can't figure out how to open the file to extract the 'mons without first restoring the save. I tried using PKSV to access the data, but all of the boxes show up empty.

How can I extract my Pokémon from an old savegame [or] How can I restore an 'incompatible' save?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts