• Views 4,449,492
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Kirari

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have the movable.sed and the other information from brute forcing with you?
Oh wait - I think I've got it now. Wanted to give up but when you confirmed it needs just 1 console I read more carefully. I found the section and think it might work now~ Thanks for the mental support though!

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i have a tiny problem
I want to try out a Super Mario maker ntr plugin
I start my NTR it loads fine but when i start my Super Mario Maker theres no short green screen
Tested it on other game like acnl its the same
So how can that be solved

Xero3C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Before writing my question I want to say sorry, because this question doesn't really belong to this thread but I can't ask this question on the corresponding thread as it's deactivated for any further reply.

My question is if I have to make an NNID to access FreeShop?

Thx in advance for the help :)

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before writing my question I want to say sorry, because this question doesn't really belong to this thread but I can't ask this question on the corresponding thread as it's deactivated for any further reply.

My question is if I have to make an NNID to access FreeShop?

Thx in advance for the help :)
Nintendo Network ID? No, and there's really no reason you would.

Reactions: Xero3C

keijitatzuya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Quick question

I have a n2ds xl with the B9S ntrboothack, and well I can play online nicely, but there is one slight problem... it doesn't let me play with friends, and I don't know what to do, and it also doesn't let my friends join my lobby either. I was wondering if there is a way to fix the problem, and maybe I am missing something very Important that I don't know about the servers on friendly online play on smash4 for 3ds, or monster hunter 4, gen, and xx. if someone knows the problem it might be useful.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been using my 3DS for quite sometime and I'm planning to update everything to stay current.
The problem is I can't remember whether I have A9LH or B9S installed.

Is there a way to tell what exploit my 3DS is using?

Never mind, I figured it out.

Last edited by mk.2,

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is the backup feature in JK's SaveManager removed? when importing a save removed in the latest cia version? I cant seem to find it in the options anymore.

and how do i remove the centering of the text?

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I'm actually quite certain that it will work out, but I want to make sure: As many of you probably know, ntrboot lets you execute about any kind of .firm payload on your 3ds using a flashcard and a magnet. Can I, instead of doing a boot9strap installation, ntrboot directly into godmode9 and use ctrtransfer to change the region of my device without installing cfw? I want to purchase a pokemon green 2ds from japan, but because I already have 3 devices with luma, I want to keep it as vanilla as possible, I just want to change the region permanently. (I know that I could just install cfw and pretend I don't have it, the question is, is that the only option?)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm actually quite certain that it will work out, but I want to make sure: As many of you probably know, ntrboot lets you execute about any kind of .firm payload on your 3ds using a flashcard and a magnet. Can I, instead of doing a boot9strap installation, ntrboot directly into godmode9 and use ctrtransfer to change the region of my device without installing cfw? I want to purchase a pokemon green 2ds from japan, but because I already have 3 devices with luma, I want to keep it as vanilla as possible, I just want to change the region permanently. (I know that I could just install cfw and pretend I don't have it, the question is, is that the only option?)
<snip> I was thinking of the old way we used to region change - where you would edit your SecureInfo_A file (which would cause the console to no longer boot without CFW). If I were you I would do a NAND backup first, if anything goes wrong you should be able to get into GodMode9 again with ntrboot and restore the backup.

Reactions: FanmadeEndings

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the backup feature in JK's SaveManager removed? when importing a save removed in the latest cia version? I cant seem to find it in the options anymore.

and how do i remove the centering of the text?
I use Checkpoint, which is a newer homebrew based on JKSM. Basically I just extract the downloaded save in the same game folder of my own saves. Then I can switch between them.

appeltje_eitje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel like a complete idiot, I have so many questions but I can`t find anything and don`t know how to find answers.
I`m from the Netherlands and it`s hard to find anything in Dutch.
  • I have an old 3ds aqua-blue I have put cfw on it using 3ds hacks guides and that works, Freeshop is working and games I downloaded with freeshop are sometimes working and sometimes they don`t work or I get error`s while downloading or they don`t start at all. I have a feeing I do something wrong ?
    And I wonder can I pay pokemon ultra Sun I downloaded with freeshop and transfer pokemons with other players who have Original cartridge games ? Can I use share play from the cfw console with a Original console ??? Like Mario Party top 100 ? I have a Original 3ds and a Original new 3ds xl and a Original 2ds and a Original 3ds xl I can use.
  • When I look in fbi there are so many titles, I wonder if there are titles that I downloaded with freeshop and did go wrong but just use memory or is that not possible ?
I hope I can get some help to understand how things work, when I contact shops here that does put cfw on 3ds, they all give me the answer I only put it on, I dont know how it works..
But I want to know before I put cfw on my other consoles..

I have in the past put cfw on my nokia Ngage and on my psp and my wii and on some tablets.. Nothing ever did go wrong.. That`s not so difficult, but after the installation there is not much information to find, or it`s to hard to understand for me becouse my poor English..

SaturdayS

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to CFW an old style 2ds that I bought used, turns out it already has some exploits on it.

It looks like it has remains of all the classic exploits: ironhax, oot3dhax, arm9, arm11, rxtools, menuhax. Where shoud I begin to get things updated with the latest luma firmware? Can I just start from scratch with the 3ds.hacks.guide? My system is 10.3.0-28u.

I tried to follow A9LH to B9S instructions but holding start while powering up didn't launch anything. The stock SD card does have 1gb of "unallocated" space according to window's management, but I don't remember how to launch it. Health and safety app contains health and safety info. Nintendo DS profile shows exactly that. I get a notification that I can't browse the internet without updating. The first time I powered on I had to set up a new account, which I did without thinking because I didn't think that the 2ds had been hacked before.

Thanks for any help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like a complete idiot, I have so many questions but I can`t find anything and don`t know how to find answers.
I`m from the Netherlands and it`s hard to find anything in Dutch.
  • I have an old 3ds aqua-blue I have put cfw on it using 3ds hacks guides and that works, Freeshop is working and games I downloaded with freeshop are sometimes working and sometimes they don`t work or I get error`s while downloading or they don`t start at all. I have a feeing I do something wrong ?
    And I wonder can I pay pokemon ultra Sun I downloaded with freeshop and transfer pokemons with other players who have Original cartridge games ? Can I use share play from the cfw console with a Original console ??? Like Mario Party top 100 ? I have a Original 3ds and a Original new 3ds xl and a Original 2ds and a Original 3ds xl I can use.
  • When I look in fbi there are so many titles, I wonder if there are titles that I downloaded with freeshop and did go wrong but just use memory or is that not possible ?
I hope I can get some help to understand how things work, when I contact shops here that does put cfw on 3ds, they all give me the answer I only put it on, I dont know how it works..
But I want to know before I put cfw on my other consoles..

I have in the past put cfw on my nokia Ngage and on my psp and my wii and on some tablets.. Nothing ever did go wrong.. That`s not so difficult, but after the installation there is not much information to find, or it`s to hard to understand for me becouse my poor English..
Back up the contents of your SD card and test it with H2testw. Your SD card might be fake or corrupted. https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Yes you can trade Pokémon to original cartridge games.

The other titles you can see in FBI are probably system titles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want to CFW an old style 2ds that I bought used, turns out it already has some exploits on it.

It looks like it has remains of all the classic exploits: ironhax, oot3dhax, arm9, arm11, rxtools, menuhax. Where shoud I begin to get things updated with the latest luma firmware? Can I just start from scratch with the 3ds.hacks.guide? My system is 10.3.0-28u.

I tried to follow A9LH to B9S instructions but holding start while powering up didn't launch anything. The stock SD card does have 1gb of "unallocated" space according to window's management, but I don't remember how to launch it. Health and safety app contains health and safety info. Nintendo DS profile shows exactly that. I get a notification that I can't browse the internet without updating. The first time I powered on I had to set up a new account, which I did without thinking because I didn't think that the 2ds had been hacked before.

Thanks for any help.
Probably format the SD card and start from the beginning of the guide. They probably just had menuhax, if holding Select on boot doesn't do anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello guys, could someone tell me what is the easiest way to download games from freeshop in the background?
You can't download in the background (if you mean while you're playing games) but you could use sleep mode downloading with freeShop.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't download in the background (if you mean while you're playing games) but you could use sleep mode downloading with freeShop.

Thanks for the response.

I've only done a few hours research and have successfully installed CFW, Freeshop and have downloaded a game and launched it with no problems.

I haven't come across any mentions of any risks of using CFW & Freeshop other than bricking your console while hacking the device.

Are there any risks?

I've read that if your console is banned you can still download and play games from Freeshop. What does the ban stop you doing? Playing online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1