Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to do that. If I do that however, will my CFW be gone including homebrew and Luma and FBI and things like that? And also, what is tikShop?
No, your custom firmware will still be there but you won't have to look at any of the homebrew apps or have any special files on your SD card, you can just pretend you have a stock console. TikShop installs all the available tickets from the titlekeys database (everything available in freeShop) so the games are redownloadable without paying from the eShop.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, your custom firmware will still be there but you won't have to look at any of the homebrew apps or have any special files on your SD card, you can just pretend you have a stock console. TikShop installs all the available tickets from the titlekeys database (everything available in freeShop) so the games are redownloadable without paying from the eShop.
Huh, that's actually pretty neat lol. So I will have no freeshop, homebrew, or other cia files to play anymore. And does this tikshop update automatically?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Huh, that's actually pretty neat lol. So I will have no freeshop, homebrew, or other cia files to play anymore. And does this tikshop update automatically?
It won't update automatically, it'll only install the tickets that are available at the time you run it. But it would be quick to run it again - you could either leave it installed (maybe in a far off folder in the corner) and run it later when you know there has been a new game added that you want, or, when you want to run it again get the 3dsx file and make a 3ds folder to put it in, and put boot.firm from Luma 8.1 on your SD card, then you can use Rosalina to get into homebrew and run it. Then delete the files again afterward.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It won't update automatically, it'll only install the tickets that are available at the time you run it. But it would be quick to run it again - you could either leave it installed (maybe in a far off folder in the corner) and run it later when you know there has been a new game added that you want, or, when you want to run it again get the 3dsx file and make a 3ds folder to put it in, and put boot.firm from Luma 8.1 on your SD card, then you can use Rosalina to get into homebrew and run it. Then delete the files again afterward.
Ok cool. I will consider this method but probably not right now. Thanks as always! If I have more questions I know this forum will answer them so I have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why are we allowed to talk about tikshop here, but we have to say "that titlekeys website" Don't they give you access to the same thing (game piracy)

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more question. This doesn't have anything to do with what we just talked about but, I just started to play a new game I bought and it said if I should activate spotpass or not. Due to the recent ban waves and the tutorials on how to not get banned by turning off your spotpass, it made me wonder. Should I activate spotpass for games or is that too dangerous?

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
One more question. I just started to play a new game I bought and it said if I should activate spotpass or not. Due to the recent ban waves and the tutorials on how to not get banned by turning off your spotpass, it made me wonder. Should I activate spotpass for games or is that too dangerous?
I don't think anything bad will happen if you turn it on - even if Nintendo know you're playing a game, that isn't evidence of having CFW (you could just be playing a cartridge). The popular theory is that it's when you use installed homebrew (so they have a titleid that doesn't match any game) while connected to the net with system info sharing turned on (so they can see you're using an app that doesn't exist). As always no one knows for sure though.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think anything bad will happen if you turn it on - even if Nintendo know you're playing a game, that isn't evidence of having CFW (you could just be playing a cartridge). The popular theory is that it's when you use installed homebrew (so they have a titleid that doesn't match any game) while connected to the net with system info sharing turned on (so they can see you're using an app that doesn't exist). As always no one knows for sure though.
Lol good to know. Thanks.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to make Mario Kart 7 accelerate automatically (like MK8D)? An NTR plugin, something that makes the game think the button is being held down, anything?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been waiting for a response from that other guy about the luma legacy and stuff. How do I put it on the sd card. As I've said before, I literally don't know what anything is, so I would need a step by step process on how to properly place it in my sd card, cause y'know, I'm a noob. Would I have to update it constantly by getting new builds, or would it update automatically?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've been waiting for a response from that other guy about the luma legacy and stuff. How do I put it on the sd card. As I've said before, I literally don't know what anything is, so I would need a step by step process on how to properly place it in my sd card, cause y'know, I'm a noob. Would I have to update it constantly by getting new builds, or would it update automatically?
Get it from here https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Download the first one that says legacy.
Unzip it, and place the boot.firm inside it on the root of your SD card.
It won't update automatically (no Luma build will) but you can get the latest non-legacy version by running Luma Updater. If you want the latest Luma legacy version then visit the page I linked again and download it, extract it, place boot.firm on your SD card.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get it from here https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Download the first one that says legacy.
Unzip it, and place the boot.firm inside it on the root of your SD card.
It won't update automatically (no Luma build will) but you can get the latest non-legacy version by running Luma Updater. If you want the latest Luma legacy version then visit the page I linked again and download it, extract it, place boot.firm on your SD card.
Is it mandatory or should I just wait it out to see if the error goes away. What do you think?

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the error that you're waiting out?
Whenever I go into the freeshop and exit it by pressing start a black screen shows up with a error on it and a bunch of red text so I press any button to shut it down. This happened recently once FreeShop updated to 3.1.4 so I don't know what to do and how to exit properly.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, try the legacy build and see if it fixes your problem. There's no downside except that Rosalina is taken out.if you want Rosalina back, you can just put back boot.firm from Luma 8.1. There's not likely to be any more improvements made to freeShop, the developer has quit working on it (unless someone forks it and continues the work).

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, try the legacy build and see if it fixes your problem. There's no downside except that Rosalina is taken out.if you want Rosalina back, you can just put back boot.firm from Luma 8.1. There's not likely to be any more improvements made to freeShop, the developer has quit working on it (unless someone forks it and continues the work).
Ok. I'll tell you if there are any problems.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't mind this accident.

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

warwagon86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys new to this all. Bought a new 3ds xl for my nephew and I wanted to install a Cfw.

Seems I can't as it is on 11.40-37e

What is the best way I can go about getting it sorted for him? Shall I hold off until 11.4 is cracked? It's asking me to update to 11.5 but I have not done so yet.

Thanks

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys new to this all. Bought a new 3ds xl for my nephew and I wanted to install a Cfw.

Seems I can't as it is on 11.40-37e

What is the best way I can go about getting it sorted for him? Shall I hold off until 11.4 is cracked? It's asking me to update to 11.5 but I have not done so yet.

Thanks
The only ways now are to use another 3ds that already has cfw and dsiwarehax or hardmodding the device.
It's safe to update to 11.5, nothing was patched.

Reactions: warwagon86

warwagon86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only ways now are to use another 3ds that already has cfw and dsiwarehax or hardmodding the device.
It's safe to update to 11.5, nothing was patched.

My friend has a Cfw one but I checked the guide it says I require one of 4 games from the eshop but they are no longer on the shop. Can I use his without the games from the store?

Thank you for the reply

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My friend has a Cfw one but I checked the guide it says I require one of 4 games from the eshop but they are no longer on the shop. Can I use his without the games from the store?

Thank you for the reply
For the save injection method you need to already have one of them, for the game injection method you can buy a cheap game that is still in eShop. Make sure you read all the warnings here: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)
You'll lose the data on your 3ds and if your friend has a nnid it'll be linked to your 3ds.

Reactions: warwagon86

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd assume most eggs smell the same
    Lol Ken was an egg at one time!