Country
United States
Reactions: NintendoFan06

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for number 2:Non legit cias or aka cias that are not legaly purchased off the eshop or on a cartridge wont transfer but they are gonna be gone so back up everything on your sd card to a folder on your desktop so after the transfer put all the files back on the old 3ds

and for 3 :i still need an answer to this but from what vaige details i know it should work properly but remember back everything on your sd card up on your pc cuz if you have any legit cias they WILL BE GONE even if you do a nand restore you dont have the files to your games and since all the non legit cias are gone woopzy you messed up big time just remember and you should be all fine even though im still scared to try

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait all the non legit cias transfer? ok i kept getting tod that they just wont be there
For 2 actually they will be transferred but their tickets won't (tickets make them be able to show up on the home menu). To make them show up you just have to use tikShop (this will work for any game available on freeShop).

wait all the non legit cias transfer? ok i kept getting tod that they just wont be there

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

They do, but the tickets don't. So if you're transferring to a stock console you won't be able to play them because you'll have no way to install the tickets (short of buying them).

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh im still confused for a start do you have boot 9 strap or are you still an arm loader 9 hax user as i think the process is completely different on restoring and backing up nands im having issues if godmode 9 still works after a transfer anyone that can 100% confirm is great as i fear messing up all my homebrew stuff and how to restore the nand with godmode9 as i cant figure it out

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So tikshop is an option. Thanks

What about restoring a NAND backup to the target system? Will that put everything back on the system that may not have transferred normally, like tickets for non-legit apps?
Yes it will. As long as you use the SD card backup from before the transfer. You might have trouble with your original NNID - to counteract that, format the console after the transfer (to make the NNID from the source console inactive), then do the restore. However why would you transfer if you didn't want the source console's data on the target?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With pksm can i check if any of my collected eggs are shiny? Or do i have to hatch them indivudally?

yes there is a way look at the egg with the save manager and if there is a red star on the egg where the editor is its shiny if the star is clear or white its not but by clicking on the white star it turns the non shiny into a shiny egg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it will. As long as you use the SD card backup from before the transfer. You might have trouble with your original NNID - to counteract that, format the console after the transfer (to make the NNID from the source console inactive), then do the restore. However why would you transfer if you didn't want the source console's data on the target?

for my case i have a second 3ds i fixed and want to five to a friend but all my games are on cia but my one game mario kart 7 is the only "legit" cia i have and if i transfer that its a great geme for her and me and her can play together :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes there is a way look at the egg with the save manager and if there is a red star on the egg where the editor is its shiny if the star is clear or white its not but by clicking on the white star it turns the non shiny into a shiny egg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you for the info :) it saves my life/time atleast a little bit with hatching :D

Awesomekid956000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok system update nag its true its happening sorry heh :(
Thanks.

1.) I've heard having splash screens (like the official Nintendo 3DS animation upon boot-up of an official app, or the unofficial HomeBrew animation upon boot-up of a Homebrew app) slow down the loading process for the app. Is that true?

2.) I want to perform a system transfer from one hacked N3DS to another hacked N3DS. What will transfer and what won't?

3.) I heard you can do do a NAND backup of your source system and restore the NAND on your target system after the transfer, so you don't lose anything. Does that actually work? With no issues?

4.) Apparently if you delete System Titles like Health & Safety from the NAND, you won't get a system update nag? @Awesomekid956000 said here that he deleted his Health & Safety App a few days ago and hasn't gotten an update nag yet.

ok system update nag its true its happening sorry heh :(

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I do want the source console's data on the target.

I'm simply switching from a N3DSXL to a N3DS. I like the smaller size better. I want to have all my information after the system transfer without having to reinstall anything.
But you said:
What about restoring a NAND backup to the target system? Will that put everything back on the system that may not have transferred normally, like tickets for non-legit apps?
This would result in the target system being the same as it was pre-transfer (except that now it can log into the source system's NNID and redownload any paid-for games), with the source system's data gone.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1