• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see! So your advice do NOT update or download the DLC

This is the only exception to the yellow triangle=update. The yellow triangle for this means DLC. And you can download the DLC. Just know it downloads two sets. The first set is around 275 themes. Not sure on the count of the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the only exception to the yellow triangle=update. The yellow triangle for this means DLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant I'll leave that one well alone then! I'll only update and download the DLC for games anyway, anything else I'll leave alone.

Can't believe I used a sky card for sooo long! In fact I can't believe I kept updating my XL when I could have had cfw on that now instead of selling it for a system on a lower fw.

Reactions: NariIro

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you'll be safe, but never go online with a game that is not released (however it should never happen with freeShop)
We had a discussion about this. I said the same thing and I was wrong. Pokémon SuMo. Since it's an all region game with staggered release, it was on freeShop before it was available in Europe. If there's another game like that, it could happen again.

blackbubble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi guys, in on my way for the CFW i'm using N3DS, i'm on the guide step:
Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

-I have recently 9.5.0, it shows up in the sys menu, its necessary to update my system for CFW to work?

Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe

-How I can check if i have a9lh and luma properly installed? I did all earlier steps mentioned in the guide successfully, but there were a lot of files to copy to the sd and installation going on, so im afraid i did something wrong.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, in on my way for the CFW i'm using N3DS, i'm on the guide step:
Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

-I have recently 9.5.0, it shows up in the sys menu, its necessary to update my system for CFW to work?

Updates while using A9LH + Luma (what you have) are safe

-How I can check if i have a9lh and luma properly installed? I did all earlier steps mentioned in the guide successfully, but there were a lot of files to copy to the sd and installation going on, so im afraid i did something wrong.
Hold SELECT at the boot, if Luma3DS configuration menu appears, you succesfully installed a9lh and Luma.
Make sure this work because if you update without having a cfw installed you won't be able to downgrade, unless you have a backup and a hardmod

blackbubble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
yeah it works, and I have noticed the system menu says "SYS" near version number, which means the a9lh is properly installed i assume?
honestly the process wasnt that long i was afraid of brick (im ordinary gamer) but seems unnecessary.
btw when I update to the latest version will everything work anyway?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah it works, and I have noticed the system menu says "SYS" near version number, which means the a9lh is properly installed i assume?
honestly the process wasnt that long i was afraid of brick (im ordinary gamer) but seems unnecessary.
btw when I update to the latest version will everything work anyway?
Everything except NTR streaming will work

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to go into Best Buy today and purchase that Galaxy scheme 'New' 3DS XL, which firmware would it most likely have?

Basically, are 'New' 3DS XL's still shipping with a hackable firmware or has that window of opportunity been closed already?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If I were to go into Best Buy today and purchase that Galaxy scheme 'New' 3DS XL, which firmware would it most likely have?

Basically, are 'New' 3DS XL's still shipping with a hackable firmware or has that window of opportunity been closed already?
AFAIK every brand new 3ds will be 11.3 (maybe even 11.2) or lower

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After doing my console with cfw I'm thinking of doing my sons and do away with his sky card as well, however he has the Pokemon black Limited Edition and I was hoping he could put it away when he's older and one day it might be worth a few quid. Can I remove all traces of cfw and put it away one day like it's never been messed about with? Ta

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a couple of questions about CTRNAND Luma. I recently A9LH'ed my cousin's 3DS (I hadn't A9LH'ed a console since the old guide, before version 2 of the hack even), so this surprised me. My questions are: can I just follow the procedures from "Section VIII - CTRNAND Luma3DS" in a V1 A9LH console? Will Luma updater update CTRNAND Luma as well? Thanks in advance.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions about CTRNAND Luma. I recently A9LH'ed my cousin's 3DS (I hadn't A9LH'ed a console since the old guide, before version 2 of the hack even), so this surprised me. My questions are: can I just follow the procedures from "Section VIII - CTRNAND Luma3DS" in a V1 A9LH console? Will Luma updater update CTRNAND Luma as well? Thanks in advance.
No. CTRNAND Luma3DS needs to be on a compatible A9LH release that supports booting from there.

There's a section if your A9LH install is that old: https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

And no, LumaUpdater will not update the CTRNAND Luma. You have to do that manually.

Reactions: pustal

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 11.2 with a9lh installed because I chainload gw if I upgrade to 11.4 can I restore my 11.2 nand backup using something like decrypt9 or hourglass9 without needing a hardmod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work