• Views 4,501,876
  • Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right guys thanks for the help with updating, I went ahead anyway because it clearly says it's safe to do but just had one of them moments.

Anyways I completed the guide with zero issues, I've now installed freeshop and it's all working, my question is do I need to apply anything else? Can I now use the console as normal, play online, update software as normal?

Many many thanks!!

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right guys thanks for the help with updating, I went ahead anyway because it clearly says it's safe to do but just had one of them moments.

Anyways I completed the guide with zero issues, I've now installed freeshop and it's all working, my question is do I need to apply anything else? Can I now use the console as normal, play online, update software as normal?

Many many thanks!!
Currently the title key site is down. I guess the owner was late in renewing the domain name registration. It might take the DNS few hours to propagate. Give it some time.
Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-41#post-7295663

Reactions: trakker1

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently the title key site is down. I guess the owner was late in renewing the domain name registration. It might take the DNS few hours to propagate. Give it some time.
Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-41#post-7295663

Sorry I'm confused, when I installed freeshop I opened the software and went into settings/update and ticked auto-update title keys from URL and entered the URL. Is this correct? Is this what updates the games that are installed? I have a game from freeshop that says connect to internet to update, should I not do that and wait till title keys is up? Sorry just trying to get my head around it.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm confused, when I installed freeshop I opened the software and went into settings/update and ticked auto-update title keys from URL and entered the URL. Is this correct? Is this what updates the games that are installed? I have a game from freeshop that says connect to internet to update, should I not do that and wait till title keys is up? Sorry just trying to get my head around it.
No. That just allows you to have access to the games, updates, DLC, etc. You need it to basically download anything. You click on the gear icon, find your game, click on it, then click on Update or DLC to get those.

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No. That just allows you to have access to the games, updates, DLC, etc. You need it to basically download anything. You click on the gear icon, find your game, click on it, then click on Update or DLC to get those.

Right I think I might have seen that page, I went on one in the settings that had a list of the games installed and it had little yellow triangles with exclamation marks on some of them, are these titles that need updating?

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right I think I might have seen that page, I went on one in the settings that had a list of the games installed and it had little yellow triangles with exclamation marks on some of them, are these titles that need updating?
Titles that needs updating have yellow triangle, and the green triangles mean that dlc are available.

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Titles that needs updating have yellow triangle, and the green triangles mean that dlc are available.

Fantastic! Thank you!

So to my original question after completing the guide and then installing freeshop with the URL from above setup in the freeshop setting, will I be safe to play online? Do I need any other settings like DNS to block Nintendo updates?

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fantastic! Thank you!

So to my original question after completing the guide and then installing freeshop with the URL from above setup in the freeshop setting, will I be safe to play online? Do I need any other settings like DNS to block Nintendo updates?
Yes you'll be safe, but never go online with a game that is not released (however it should never happen with freeShop)

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question. I just finished the 3ds.guide thing, but now I'm looking to install Decrypt9. I just don't know how... :P Any help?

Rename it to something like up_decrypt9 and put it in the Luma folder. Then when turning on the 3ds hold the direction you set

FYI DO NOT install ALL themes from the Home Themes. You'll be there for a LONG time deleting ones you don't want till you get to a number the 3ds will allow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by NariIro,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have another question. I just finished the 3ds.guide thing, but now I'm looking to install Decrypt9. I just don't know how... [emoji14] Any help?
Why would you want it? Just put the bin file in sd/Luma/payloads and while starting the 3ds hold start and choose it.

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rename it to something like up_decrypt9 and put it in the Luma folder. Then when turning on the 3ds hold the direction you set

FYI DO NOT install ALL themes from the Home Themes. You'll be there for a LONG time deleting ones you don't want till you get to a number the 3ds will allow

I've installed CHMM installed two themes, then just ended up wth the normal systems black theme. Is there a option in freeshop for themes then? Thanks

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed CHMM installed two themes, then just ended up wth the normal systems black theme. Is there a option in freeshop for themes then? Thanks

Yes. But you have to go to the update screen and tap home menu themes. You can't pick singles ones. You can only download the packs

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. But you have to go to the update screen and tap home menu themes. You can't pick singles ones. You can only download the packs

Thanks for the warning! I'm not really that into themes anyway so I'll likely stick with the standard system plain colours.

Again thank you everyone that has helped me!

Reactions: NariIro

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the warning! I'm not really that into themes anyway so I'll likely stick with the standard system plain colours.

Again thank you everyone that has helped me!

aefe7de953aa16db33ff307bda95be2d.jpg

Here's the option I meant JIC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    it's going to be june, so you know what that means, bread month, i'll make focaccia, breadsticks, and pizza bread
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet ps4s on fw 10.00
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet, my Xbox is not a ps
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet I dont need a dozen pieces of other shit to hack it :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...