• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I were to put cfw on my o3ds xl then I would be able to transfer easily without any data loss?
Hmm I would do that but ill have to find the time to do that and I don't wanna risk it again but if that is my only choice, I might as well do it although my goal is just to get my saves, friends and NNID.
Just in case something goes wrong, you can still have a NAND backup, but I don't see why system transfer could be a problem with an emuNAND

D

Deleted User

Just in case something goes wrong, you can still have a NAND backup, but I don't see why system transfer could be a problem with an emuNAND
A nand backup of both 3ds and xl?
I think a problem with a system transfer is the transfer lags on forever which is what i have seen people say.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also wouldnt a NAND backup need a hardmod or you mean just backup emuNAND?

D

Deleted User

yeah the saves i meant.
So transferring the 3ds wont transfer the hacks and i have to re hack the console right?
Also can i redownload pirated games from eshop or no

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah the saves i meant.
So transferring the 3ds wont transfer the hacks and i have to re hack the console right?
Also can i redownload pirated games from eshop or no
To do a system transfer your console will have to be on 11.4 so you can't hack it. The only games you can redownload from the eShop will be ones you paid for (or were free to download from the eShop).
If your target console is on 11.3 or less then you should hack it before updating to 11.4 and transferring.

D

Deleted User

To do a system transfer your console will have to be on 11.4 so you can't hack it. The only games you can redownload from the eShop will be ones you paid for (or were free to download from the eShop).
If your target console is on 11.3 or less then you should hack it before updating to 11.4 and transferring.
aww man so even if i download tickets I still cant download them?
Also, if the target console happens to be 11.3 or less would i hack it with the same sd card or use another sd card and if I have to use another sd card the transfer process wold still be the same right?
(sorry im asking so many questions i just dont want anything breaking...)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
aww man so even if i download tickets I still cant download them?
Also, if the target console happens to be 11.3 or less would i hack it with the same sd card or use another sd card and if I have to use another sd card the transfer process wold still be the same right?
(sorry im asking so many questions i just dont want anything breaking...)
Leave the SD card in the console it belongs to until the system transfer process tells you to move it - otherwise your data might miss out on being converted for the new console.
And yes you should hack the target before transfer.

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm stuck on that a guide someone mentioned in another thread. It directed me to https://3ds.guide/, and now I'm stuck at a certain part. It's installing A9LH, one of the final steps.
"Step 17. Old 3DS and 2DS Only: Copy the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region to the /hblauncherloader/ folder on your SD card

Step 18. Old 3DS and 2DS Only:
Rename the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload on your SD card to match your region:
  • EUR: OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin
  • JPN: OLD-11-4-0-37-JPN.bin
  • KOR: OLD-11-4-0-37-KOR.bin
  • USA: OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin"

Now I understand what it's asking to a point. I just don't know if I should download the "Old 3DS 11.2.0-35" otherapp payload, or the 9.2.0.20U/whatever original version I started this with(I think it's that one...). Would it hurt me to use the 11.2.0.35 payload if I started this with the 9.2.0.20U firmware? Please help... I'm trying to finish this ASAP. Also, where else would I ask about this to where a lot of people would answer back rather quickly?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm stuck on that a guide someone mentioned in another thread. It directed me to https://3ds.guide/, and now I'm stuck at a certain part. It's installing A9LH, one of the final steps.
"Step 17. Old 3DS and 2DS Only: Copy the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload for your region to the /hblauncherloader/ folder on your SD card

Step 18. Old 3DS and 2DS Only:
Rename the Old 3DS 11.2.0-35 otherapp payload on your SD card to match your region:
  • EUR: OLD-11-4-0-37-EUR.bin
  • JPN: OLD-11-4-0-37-JPN.bin
  • KOR: OLD-11-4-0-37-KOR.bin
  • USA: OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin"

Now I understand what it's asking to a point. I just don't know if I should download the "Old 3DS 11.2.0-35" otherapp payload, or the 9.2.0.20U/whatever original version I started this with(I think it's that one...). Would it hurt me to use the 11.2.0.35 payload if I started this with the 9.2.0.20U firmware? Please help... I'm trying to finish this ASAP. Also, where else would I ask about this to where a lot of people would answer back rather quickly?
This is preparation for you updating your console to 11.4 at the end. If you want to stay on 9.2 then download that one. If you're going to follow the Guide to the end, just follow it.

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is preparation for you updating your console to 11.4 at the end. If you want to stay on 9.2 then download that one. If you're going to follow the Guide to the end, just follow it.
But would this affect my ability to install and use CIA's, programs like PKSM or FBI? I had emuNAND before this, and had a lot of stuff on there before deciding to switch. Will I be able to get them back one by one?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But would this affect my ability to install and use CIA's, programs like PKSM or FBI? I had emuNAND before this, and had a lot of stuff on there before deciding to switch. Will I be able to get them back one by one?
you would update the system to 11.4 (or the latest version whenever you do this) then install things. with custom firmware you can run homebrew any time on any version; so don't worry, just update when the guide tells you to

Ameno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds with A9lh with black screen (brick? ) , i can acces to luma menu and the chainloader, the problem is i dont have nand backup.
I tried so many things, changing luma versions, etc.
I just want to know if there's a way bring it back to life

Hakkitboss0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would update the system to 11.4 (or the latest version whenever you do this) then install things. with custom firmware you can run homebrew any time on any version; so don't worry, just update when the guide tells you to
Alright, thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if all my programs would work since with emuNAND everything stops working after the 11.4 firmware update

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds with A9lh with black screen (brick? ) , i can acces to luma menu and the chainloader, the problem is i dont have nand backup.
I tried so many things, changing luma versions, etc.
I just want to know if there's a way bring it back to life
What's your Luma3DS version? Earlier versions have some issues with latest firmware. Your Luma3DS config screen should say 7.0.5. If not, update Luma3DS first. See if that helps.
If it really is screwed up, you can CTRNAND Transfer.
https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer
Make a backup. Before and after.

Reactions: Ameno

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=laLZzpaM8uZLmYXO +1