• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

uzumaki_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I owned a 2DS back in the days and used an R4 card which was simple load rom and play. Edit: I don't own a 2DS anymore.

Am wanting to get the new 3DS XL model and be able to play backed up 3DS and 2DS games.

I've done some research but since the 2DS days there's been loads of flash carts released and I've heard of the luma + arm9loaderhax method which if am correct let's you play backed up games without the need of a flashcart.

My question is what flashcarts will work for playing both 3ds and 2ds games on the New 3DS XL model? (Would I be better off using the luma + arm9loaderhax method for 3DS and a flashcart for 2DS?

Last edited by uzumaki_1,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I owned a 2DS back in the days and used an R4 card which was simple load rom and play.

Am wanting to get the new 3DS XL model and be able to play backed up 3DS and 2DS games.

I've done some research but since the 2DS days there's been loads of flash carts released and I've heard of the luma + arm9loaderhax method which if am correct let's you play backed up games without the need of a flashcart.

My question is what flashcarts will work for playing both 3ds and 2ds games on the New 3DS XL model? (Would I be better off using the luma + arm9loaderhax method for 3DS and a flashcart for 2DS?
2DS is the same as a 3DS, use 3ds.guide to install luma on your 3DS and 2DS

uzumaki_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no such thing as "2DS games" all game that would work on a 2DS will work in a 3DS

So your saying if I buy the New Nintendo 3DS XL then all I need to do is install Luma + arm9loaderhax and I can load both 3DS and 2DS games? I don't need a separate flashcart?

Also if I were to NOT go down the Luma + arm9loaderhax route due to fears of bricking the console then what flashcarts would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
So your saying if I buy the New Nintendo 3DS XL then all I need to do is install Luma + arm9loaderhax and I can load both 3DS and 2DS games? I don't need a separate flashcart?

Also if I were to NOT go down the Luma + arm9loaderhax route due to fears of bricking the console then what flashcarts would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance
Just go to luma and a9hl, you'll be fine

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm still trying to reinstall FBI without taking too many steps. Somebody knows why on 11.0 Emunand I can't patch kernel and ARM access with pasta CFW? Blank screen and freezes. It goes smoothly with browserhax on sysnand and I can install CIA from FBI in HBL but that way I can only install FBI in sysnand.

Last edited by Shadow_man7,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm still trying to reinstall FBI without taking too many steps. Somebody knows why on 11.0 Emunand I can't patch kernel and ARM access with pasta CFW? Blank screen and freezes. It goes smoothly with browserhax on sysnand and I can install CIA from FBI in HBL but that way I can only install FBI in sysnand.
Why are you using pasta CFW? That's several years out of date :-s I am surprised it can load an 11.0 emuNAND, let alone any emuNAND at all!
You're not likely to find help here, most members of this forum probably won't even know what it is. Just install a9lh using http://3ds.guide

Reactions: Dionicio3

Shadow_man7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why are you using pasta CFW? That's several years out of date :-s I am surprised it can load an 11.0 emuNAND, let alone any emuNAND at all!
You're not likely to find help here, most members of this forum probably won't even know what it is. Just install a9lh using http://3ds.guide
Yeah you right I figured it out that I'm on my own because hardly anyone has emunand. I'm not using pasta to boot emunand. I just wanted it to patch ARM9 access, because that function in Luma gives me freeze on FBI and I couldn't reinstall FBI on my emunand. I just figured out on my own that I can inject it into Health&Safety app with Decrypt9WIP and Universal.Inject.Generator. So everything is working again ^^

I know that emuNAND is old, but Luma with menuhax on EmuNand is still working good and with ctr-httpwn I can still play online :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah you right I figured it out that I'm on my own because hardly anyone has emunand. I'm not using pasta to boot emunand. I just wanted it to patch ARM9 access, because that function in Luma gives me freeze on FBI and I couldn't reinstall FBI on my emunand. I just figured out on my own that I can inject it into Health&Safety app with Decrypt9WIP and Universal.Inject.Generator. So everything is working again ^^

I know that emuNAND is old but Luma with menuhax on EmuNand is still working good and with ctr-httpwn I can still play online :)
Yes of course Luma is fine, should have said that's what you were using :-p

CyberAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Luma EMUNAND 11.2, if I update the EMUNAND to 11.4 will I be able to launch PKSM (a homebrew) from it? Because my Pokemon Moon is installed as a CIA in the Emunand...I use FBI in Health and Safety exploit but will it still work in 11.4?

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick one here... If you have a *NEW* 3DS(newer style) on 9.2 or 11.2 Is there any advanatage on being on a lower firmware ? Or does it even matter on the level of hack you can do ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay