• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, im new to this 3ds mod scene and i tried searching for a solution but everyone set up is different and i don't wanna screw anything up.
I have a new 3dsxl with 11.3.0-36U, A9LH which has arm9loaderhax and Luma3ds on it.
I want to remove my NNID without losing the hack. i dont mind losing my saves and games.
if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.png

a7354aafaf993e56dcb756a5e2ebcfa6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Drewington

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks! Just one more question: shall I use Gateway or Sky3DS?
Neither?
You would only use Sky3DS if your console was unexploitable. For Gateway to be an option, your console must be exploitable. But Gateway is a bad option because you can't update your emuNAND, and if you update your real system then boot into Gateway mode a9lh will be removed or you'll brick. So Gateway is a bad option also.

Staticpurge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide () and succesfully put custom firmware on two o3ds console. After that I tried to do the same thing for my n3ds. I made sure to get all the right files for my (n3ds on 11.2.0.35u firmware) and after backing up my nand a downgraded to (2.1 or what ever the firmware is for hacking) and now when i turn on my console the screen stays black but lit up then goes dim and only sits there with the blue power light on. I dont know what to do now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed this guide <removed link so as to not encourage other silly people to use it> and succesfully put custom firmware on two o3ds console. After that I tried to do the same thing for my n3ds. I made sure to get all the right files for my (n3ds on 11.2.0.35u firmware) and after backing up my nand a downgraded to (2.1 or what ever the firmware is for hacking) and now when i turn on my console the screen stays black but lit up then goes dim and only sits there with the blue power light on. I dont know what to do now.
Next time follow https://3ds.guide. If you'd followed that guide and got stuck, you could say what section & step you were on, so we would know what you'd done already and suggest troubleshooting. With YouTube guides, not only are they outdated (so they are unsafe) but we are also not all intimately familiar with the steps, so we don't know what you've done so it's nearly impossible to provide troubleshooting help.

First of all, try everything in https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting. It may not help since you didn't follow that guide to start with. If you can't fix your problem, the likely solution is to perform a hardmod and restore your NAND backup, if you're sure it worked and isn't corrupted.

Arceus90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Neither?
You would only use Sky3DS if your console was unexploitable. For Gateway to be an option, your console must be exploitable. But Gateway is a bad option because you can't update your emuNAND, and if you update your real system then boot into Gateway mode a9lh will be removed or you'll brick. So Gateway is a bad option also.

What should I do to play ROMs, then?

Staticpurge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time follow https://3ds.guide. If you'd followed that guide and got stuck, you could say what section & step you were on, so we would know what you'd done already and suggest troubleshooting. With YouTube guides, not only are they outdated (so they are unsafe) but we are also not all intimately familiar with the steps, so we don't know what you've done so it's nearly impossible to provide troubleshooting help.

First of all, try everything in https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting. It may not help since you didn't follow that guide to start with. If you can't fix your problem, the likely solution is to perform a hardmod and restore your NAND backup, if you're sure it worked and isn't corrupted.
The video i watched was based on the 3ds guide. ok so i fixed my first problem. now the ctr transfer has failed. what do i do now? the video says to go to 9.2 firmware and just restart process but i dont know how.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use the sky3ds+ flash cart in my n3ds. it works well.

Last edited by Staticpurge,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow https://3ds.guide then install them from cia files, or use freeShop to download and install directly on your console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The video i watched was based on the 3ds guide. ok so i fixed my first problem. now the ctr transfer has failed. what do i do now? the video says to go to 9.2 firmware and just restart process but i dont know how.

Tell us the result of you trying the troubleshooting steps that I linked you. Can you access Luma payloads on boot?

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I can buy almost every flashcard to play NDS roms on my N3DS with FW 11.3.0-36E??
Is there a risk to brick the console when I have Luma3DS, al9h & HBC installed too?

If there is no brick risk and I can buy almost every flashcard, I would prefer the R4 cause it is much cheaper then the DSTWO+...

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So I can buy almost every flashcard to play NDS roms on my N3DS with FW 11.3.0-36E??
Is there a risk to brick the console when I have Luma3DS, al9h & HBC installed too?

If there is no brick risk and I can buy almost every flashcard, I would prefer the R4 cause it is much cheaper then the DSTWO+...
yes, and there's no risk

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Just buy some cheap card.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I want to do a system transfer. I want to move everything on my hacked 11.3 N3DSXL to a non-hacked 11.3 N3DS. After the transfer, will my N3DS have the hacked CFW and everything moved over? Will my old N3DSXL still have the CFW installed even after being wiped?
CFW will not be transferred. The XL will keep its cfw.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had a NDS with a M3-card for a long time, but would like to get a New 3DSXL and have the possibilty to download games for it, what is the best way to go about this? I really don't understand the difference between flashcards and custom firmwars, is there any good beginners guide you can recommend? Also does it matter what model i get of the New 3DSXL?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have had a NDS with a M3-card for a long time, but would like to get a New 3DSXL and have the possibilty to download games for it, what is the best way to go about this? I really don't understand the difference between flashcards and custom firmwars, is there any good beginners guide you can recommend? Also does it matter what model i get of the New 3DSXL?
CFW is software modification, so you don't need to buy anything. https://3ds.guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had tuna salad for lunch....I can't get the smell of kens mom off my hands tho.