• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

SubstaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and 3DS Hacking, so I have a question to start things of for me.

I wanna buy a "New 3DS" and I wanna know if it will come with a firmware that I am able to hack.

Is there a way to determine the FW on this machine, so I actually don't buy a system with 11.3 or higher!?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by SubstaX,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and 3DS Hacking, so I have a question to start things of for me.

I wanna buy a "New 3DS" and I wanna know if it will come with a firmware that I am able to hack. There is a european Version on amazon and it comes in a bundle with Dragon Ball Z. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-schw...e=UTF8&qid=1490207817&sr=8-5&keywords=new+3ds

Is there a way to determine the FW on this machine, so I actually don't buy a system with 11.3 or higher!?

Thanks in advance
As of today there are no reports of 3DS shipped with 11.3, so every new console is hackable.
Just don't update it after you receive it and you are good to follow https://3ds.guide

SubstaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the fast info. :) I am going to pick it up then. Just another little question. I have an old 3ds and I wanna transfer my system, savefiles and a game over to the new one. Should I do it before I hack it or after I am done? Does it cause problems if I transfer a system to a hacked N3DS?

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me with DSP dump I have the file in the 3DS folder but when I open retroarch it does not appear how do I get this working for retro arch and will improve sound ?
thank you

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the fast info. :) I am going to pick it up then. Just another little question. I have an old 3ds and I wanna transfer my system, savefiles and a game over to the new one. Should I do it before I hack it or after I am done? Does it cause problems if I transfer a system to a hacked N3DS?
after. . . the cfw install process is quicker if the sd card is clean

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Open it with Homebrew Launcher
thanks so once I open it in homebrew launcher then I dump it right it says Done: no further steps needed, Then what ? I actually I did this before. but cant get it working in retro arch what is the Dump file called ?

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got myself a MT-card for like 8 bucks if not less with the intention of using the "blue" card with a DSi. Works fine but...
Is the white card of any use for me nowadays if my 2DS is A9LH'd?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thanks so once I open it in homebrew launcher then I dump it right it says Done: no further steps needed, Then what ? I actually I did this before. but cant get it working in retro arch what is the Dump file called ?
What do you mean? It's done. No further steps needed

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? It's done. No further steps needed

Okay thanks I don't really understand what DSP does, There is an option in retroarch under the audio options that has DSP and when selected it gives you the option to search for the file.

Im assuming that DSP works with the emu cores right ?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay thanks I don't really understand what DSP does, There is an option in retroarch under the audio options that has DSP and when selected it gives you the option to search for the file.

Im assuming that DSP works with the emu cores right ?
Many homebrew need dspdump to be able to play sounds. I don't know about retroarch

Reactions: Hi-Dro

MrJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question: Last weekend I've updated my luma to 11.3.
How come some games still ask for an internet connection to start update?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Quick question: Last weekend I've updated my luma to 11.3.
How come some games still ask for an internet connection to start update?
System version (latest is 11.3) is different to Luma version (latest is 6.6) which is different again to game version. You probably need to update your games. You can do this through freeShop of through your home menu when it prompts you.

Reactions: MrJey

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do a System Transfer between two A9LH+CFW 3DS consoles that are both on 11.2? Also, is there a way to update a N3DS 9.x to 11.2?

I don't think I need to do either of these things but I'm curious if it can be done.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to do a System Transfer between two A9LH+CFW 3DS consoles that are both on 11.2? Also, is there a way to update a N3DS 9.x to 11.2?

I don't think I need to do either of these things but I'm curious if it can be done.
You can systransfer. You can update to 11.2 with cartridge, but you don't need to, because you can just use 11.3

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
2 Questions.
1/. With the 3ds hacking guide at https://3ds.guide it says it needs updating, does anyone know when this will be done?
2/. Putting a O3ds XL onto CFW will i lose my current save files? If so how can i back them up before i start the install process?
Thanks

Mr_Wednesday

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, don't know if this if the right place to ask but I am having trouble with installing arm9loadhax.

I am following [this guide][https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax] and when I get to Section II Part 3 my N3DS opens the website and comes up with loading arm11.bin the bottom screen flashes one then freezes.

I have followed all the trouble shooting that I can find on the net and nothing seems to change the outcome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a New 3DS JPN that had 11.1.0-34j when I first started.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
2 Questions.
1/. With the 3ds hacking guide at https://3ds.guide it says it needs updating, does anyone know when this will be done?
2/. Putting a O3ds XL onto CFW will i lose my current save files? If so how can i back them up before i start the install process?
Thanks
1. It's updated now.
2. You will not lose anything.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone please help.
Currently have a O3ds XL on 4.4.0-10E and load gateway through profile exploit.
I then go to classic mode and load the Pokemon Cartridge through there.
Saves work with no issues.
I put the same Pokemon game in my 11.3.0 CFW 3ds XL and i get corrupt save.
How can i install CFW on the 4.4 3ds XL without having the corrupt Pokemon save issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.