• Views 4,508,371
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

THFourteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya - stupid question, i want to remove AL9H and Luma from my 2DS so i can sell it. I'd rather not sell it with custom firmware and then run into issues because the purchaser does not understand it / deletes files from the SD etc.

The only option in my hourglass9 menu is to restore sysnand (keep AL9H). I tried this but i can still boot into Luma / hourglass 9 menu by holding start/select at boot.

How can i restore sysnand (get rid of AL9H)!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hiya - stupid question, i want to remove AL9H and Luma from my 2DS so i can sell it. I'd rather not sell it with custom firmware and then run into issues because the purchaser does not understand it / deletes files from the SD etc.

The only option in my hourglass9 menu is to restore sysnand (keep AL9H). I tried this but i can still boot into Luma / hourglass 9 menu by holding start/select at boot.

How can i restore sysnand (get rid of AL9H)!
Use the SafeArm9Installer uninstall option.
If you want to leave a9lh on it, install the Kecleon patch for it to become invisible (no CFW files apear on the SD card).

THFourteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the SafeArm9Installer uninstall option.
If you want to leave a9lh on it, install the Kecleon patch for it to become invisible (no CFW files apear on the SD card).

Thanks!

I actually ended up going another way, i added decrypt9wip as a luma payload and did a restore without keeping A9LH option. I wanted to leave the device on firmware it came with (6.0) rather than 11.3 in case it puts off prospective buyers who want CFW themselves.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Grateful for all the help here!

I successfully installed:
Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax

Now, going to this:
Section III - Configuring Luma3DS :

I noticed that SD card was not mentioned to be inserted. Is my understanding correct?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Grateful for all the help here!

I successfully installed:
Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax

Now, going to this:
Section III - Configuring Luma3DS :

I noticed that SD card was not mentioned to be inserted. Is my understanding correct?
Section 2 step 7 end. You are instructed to re-insert SD.

Reactions: ocihc80

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No you will brick your device. OTP is tied to the device you got it from. IE my 2ds is cfw with otp i have a new 3ds xl and if i tried to used the otp on the new 3ds xl it would brick.
I would like a second opinion on this. If it is possible to abstractize a nand install to make it work on any console like the builds in the 3ds guide for 9.2 and 2.1,can't the same be don with any nand dump so long as both source and destination OTPs are had?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I would like a second opinion on this. If it is possible to abstractize a nand install to make it work on any console like the builds in the 3ds guide for 9.2 and 2.1,can't the same be don with any nand dump so long as both source and destination OTPs are had?
No

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm not completely sure about that, but I think you would need to get bootrom dumps and do something with them and that's not yet doable (technically doable and someone actually did it but didn't release, but too hard to do)

Reactions: Searinox

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!

I actually ended up going another way, i added decrypt9wip as a luma payload and did a restore without keeping A9LH option. I wanted to leave the device on firmware it came with (6.0) rather than 11.3 in case it puts off prospective buyers who want CFW themselves.

Why dont you just communicate with possible buyer before selling ? seems like a lot of waste of your time and theirs if they want to hack it.
and considering you want to keep it on a low firmware, it suggests you rather sell it to a modder rather than a legit gamer?
I mean I do understand you dont want to run into problems with the buyer at a later point but through communication you can explain and maybe even extend your knowledge to people who dont know.

I bought a N3DS last year and I tried to subtly ask about modding and hacking to the seller who seems uninterested to talk about that, why the paranoia ? I'm not a nintendo agent, im just a bloke stuck in the 90's lol anyway I bought it and it was on a low firmware, I noticed that the back had been opened a few times due to the screws paint damage. cut a long story short, I had no knowledge back then and I was reaching out to someone who clearly had some knowledge, instead I updated to transfer all my stuff from my old 3ds and ended up waiting a year for exploitable firmware which came this year with 11.2.
the problem is people also try to get a higher price for low firmware, (not implying you are, and I got mine for a good price) but i have seen it plenty of times,

I always thought if you want a higher price leave it hacked lol

THFourteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why dont you just communicate with possible buyer before selling ? seems like a lot of waste of your time and theirs if they want to hack it.
and considering you want to keep it on a low firmware, it suggests you rather sell it to a modder rather than a legit gamer?

I always thought if you want a higher price leave it hacked lol

Good question! I don't sell much but I generally sell on ebay, and I didn't want to sell it to someone who would break it by deleting the wrong files from the SD card, or update it to 11.4 one day and then come back complaining that it was no longer working. I know that if the person is reasonable you could explain to them how to fix it, but you could also just end up having to take return of the item, pay postage, and then listing fees all over again.

I did leave the firmware on a low version in case anyone wants to mod it themselves they can, that way gamers OR modders can buy it. There's no benefit to upgrading it to 11.3 and leaving no option for whoever wants it!

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello guys,

I am almost over with 3ds.guide but on this last step:
Section VI - Finalizing setup

I am getting ERROR when trying to "Installing All CIAs". appreciate any advice.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello guys,

I am almost over with 3ds.guide but on this last step:
Section VI - Finalizing setup

I am getting ERROR when trying to "Installing All CIAs". appreciate any advice.
Try to install them one by one

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Try to install them one by one

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Thank you, i will try to do that.

Do you think it has something to do when i skip the system update part and proceed with Injecting FBI, then this Installing CIAs?

Last edited by ocihc80,

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Good question! I don't sell much but I generally sell on ebay, and I didn't want to sell it to someone who would break it by deleting the wrong files from the SD card, or update it to 11.4 one day and then come back complaining that it was no longer working. I know that if the person is reasonable you could explain to them how to fix it, but you could also just end up having to take return of the item, pay postage, and then listing fees all over again.

I did leave the firmware on a low version in case anyone wants to mod it themselves they can, that way gamers OR modders can buy it. There's no benefit to upgrading it to 11.3 and leaving no option for whoever wants it!

Yeah I see your point and lets face it, its people were talking about here something is bound to go wrong and, then you are out of pocket especially selling on ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On a bad day you hear I missed my period +2