• Views 4,470,725
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you own the otp.bin of two consoles, is it possible to make a nand backup from one console ctrtransferrable to the other?

No you will brick your device. OTP is tied to the device you got it from. IE my 2ds is cfw with otp i have a new 3ds xl and if i tried to used the otp on the new 3ds xl it would brick.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok i did it, there are no mistakes and Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon SM are still
not working. What should i do now? I want to play MK7 and my firmware is supposded to be able to run it.
Download them from another source I guess? Although Sky3DS usually suffixes bad roms with ".bad"

Psycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys :>

i'm using a 3DS with Luma3DS + A9LH. is there any way to install a backup of a game without a CIA? here's the situation:

i own Pokemon Y. but my little sister has been asking me for it, as she likes pokemon and is totally hyped for the customisation. i beat the game already, but it's Pokemon, so i don't wanna just give it up. so i thought, "why not back it up on my SD card?" obviously, i need double the space of the game's size on my SD in order to install it as a CIA. but i don't have that. I know how to extract .CIA's using ctrtool, so i was wondering if i extracted the .CIA, would i be able to install the game like that to my SD (assuming i set up the directories correctly, which i think i can do after studying how games are organized on the SD card)? like, could i manually install the ticket and have the game on my SD card, working?

if not, i'd like an explanation why. i'm actually interested in the details of how CIAs are really installed :>

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys :>

i'm using a 3DS with Luma3DS + A9LH. is there any way to install a backup of a game without a CIA? here's the situation:

i own Pokemon Y. but my little sister has been asking me for it, as she likes pokemon and is totally hyped for the customisation. i beat the game already, but it's Pokemon, so i don't wanna just give it up. so i thought, "why not back it up on my SD card?" obviously, i need double the space of the game's size on my SD in order to install it as a CIA. but i don't have that. I know how to extract .CIA's using ctrtool, so i was wondering if i extracted the .CIA, would i be able to install the game like that to my SD (assuming i set up the directories correctly, which i think i can do after studying how games are organized on the SD card)? like, could i manually install the ticket and have the game on my SD card, working?

if not, i'd like an explanation why. i'm actually interested in the details of how CIAs are really installed :>

Find a ticket for Pokemon Y (no links here!) and install it with fbi. Then backup your save file if you want using JKSM, give the cart to your sister then install Pokemon Y from the eshop.

Edit: :ninja:'d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Psycho

ieatducks4655

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This might not be a noob question per say but is it a good idea to buy another 3ds to install A9LH onto in case I may brick it? (I might not because the tutorials seem easy enough for me to follow but human error is a factor plus, it'll be good to have two 3ds' for trading Pokemon around)

Psycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find a ticket for Pokemon Y (no links here!) and install it with fbi. Then backup your save file if you want using JKSM, give the cart to your sister then install Pokemon Y from the eshop.

Edit: :ninja:'d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can DO that?!? i was not aware that tickets were used for the eshop redownloads. i thought that was something being taken care of on nintendo's servers!

thanks a ton :>

This might not be a noob question per say but is it a good idea to buy another 3ds to install A9LH onto in case I may brick it? (I might not because the tutorials seem easy enough for me to follow but human error is a factor plus, it'll be good to have two 3ds' for trading Pokemon around)

in my experience it was, DUMB easy. like, i ran A9LH on 3 handhelds the first time i read 3ds.guide and it worked flawlessly each time.

that guide seriously is noob-proof, lol. also, you can use homebrew for moving pokemon, namely PKSM. if you wanna trade for evolution, well that's a different story, in which you are totally justified in getting another 3ds.

ieatducks4655

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
in my experience it was, DUMB easy. like, i ran A9LH on 3 handhelds the first time i read 3ds.guide and it worked flawlessly each time.

that guide seriously is noob-proof, lol. also, you can use homebrew for moving pokemon, namely PKSM. if you wanna trade for evolution, well that's a different story, in which you are totally justified in getting another 3ds.

Yeah I don't want to run the risk of my shinies being stolen because although I do gen I like to keep my legit shinies if i get some and I've been swindled out of some before and it hurt

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plus I want a regular n3ds because of the backplates (forgot I could edit >:( )

Last edited by ieatducks4655,

Psycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't want to run the risk of my shinies being stolen because although I do gen I like to keep my legit shinies if i get some and I've been swindled out of some before and it hurt

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plus I want a regular n3ds because of the backplates (forgot I could edit >:( )
damn. i feel you man, that must suck

tbh, i'm thinking of getting a n3DS for the aesthetics, exclusives, and for games that run poorly on o3DS

so if anything you can use those as reasons too :>

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi Everyone,

I have stock old 3DS XL (FW 6.2.0-12E) & 2DS (FW 6.0.0-12E).
Following the 3DS.Guide, I choose the Decrypt9(Browser) from 3Ds XL, and used it too in my 2DS. it works fine but is this OK? Or do i Need to stick with 3DS XL only and do and download all other files under 2DS?

I believe I can use all the same files for both except the file in 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I have stock old 3DS XL (FW 6.2.0-12E) & 2DS (FW 6.0.0-12E).
Following the 3DS.Guide, I choose the Decrypt9(Browser) from 3Ds XL, and used it too in my 2DS. it works fine but is this OK? Or do i Need to stick with 3DS XL only and do and download all other files under 2DS?

I believe I can use all the same files for both except the file in 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!
Please only do one system at a time so you don't get things mixed up.

Reactions: ocihc80

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will buy an unused new 3DS XL and do CFW - it is presumably on 11.1.

In the Pialect guide you still do system update, even though things like double clock might not work on 11.3.
Is it possible to skip the system update (safely) after restoring 11.1 after downgrading and getting OTP?

Not sure if the palect guide ends up at 9.2 or your previous backed up sysnand after OTP restore...

Thanks

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick reply!

T_T yes, I mix up, now the screen of my 2DS is not proportion.
Anyway, can I just to reinstall the right file in 2.1.0 ctrtransfer?
I hope this will fix it.
That's suppose to happen with 2DS systems on 2.1.0. Just continue on. There's even a warning that says that in the guide.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That's suppose to happen with 2DS systems on 2.1.0. Just continue on. There's even a warning that says that in the guide.
I thought that is the effect using the 3DS XL files.
And I missed that information.

Anyhow, I will try first to do my old 3ds, I hope someone can verify if I can use the same files for 2DS.

Thanks once again!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I thought that is the effect using the 3DS XL files.
And I missed that information.

Anyhow, I will try first to do my old 3ds, I hope someone can verify if I can use the same files for 2DS.

Thanks once again!
They are the same files, but I just re-downloaded them for my both 3ds anyway.

Reactions: ocihc80

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Will buy an unused new 3DS XL and do CFW - it is presumably on 11.1.

In the Pialect guide you still do system update, even though things like double clock might not work on 11.3.
Is it possible to skip the system update (safely) after restoring 11.1 after downgrading and getting OTP?

Not sure if the palect guide ends up at 9.2 or your previous backed up sysnand after OTP restore...

Thanks
It will restore to the version you was in the start. You don't need to update in the guide, but everything works in 11.3 so no reason not to update. If you want to use l2+clock and hbl, just use Luma hourly builds.

ocihc80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They are the same files, but I just re-downloaded them for my both 3ds anyway.
Thank you, that's a relief. I have poor internet connection :-)

Quick question on this part: Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin :
Is it ok not to back up? Since I do not have any games or save data.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you, that's a relief. I have poor internet connection :-)

Definitely back it up. It's used to get you back from 2.1

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Before going to 2.1 to get OTP you will REQUIRE the NAND backup to get back to a higher firmware version in the next step.

This is especially important for new 3DS which never supported low firmwares such as 2.1 and cannot do a system upgrade from there
but perhaps the updated OTP extraction method does not do a full 2.1 downgrade any more anyway,
so you will need to do a NAND restore to get the system in synch in all cases. Just stay on the beaten track.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol