Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, maybe I am silly, but I do not see a part on the 3dsguide talking about backing up Emunand. I see where it has you backup your Nand, and your SYSNAND, but I dont see where it told you to backup your EmuNand so I dont think I did it. Unless I am missing something. I appreciate any more help you can provide.

Is it possible to simply delete my folder that has the games that were installed to my EmuNAND?

Is this what I need to do or is it too late? This wasn't a part of the instructions that I saw.

https://3ds.guide/move-emunand.html
Yes that's the one. It's mentioned in the guide here :

Section IV - Restoring the System
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section.

Reactions: 3rdamention

3rdamention

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just that :rofl2::rofl2:

Yes that's the one. It's mentioned in the guide here :

Ok then, well, the good thing is that I didn't have any saves or anything that are going to destroy me. Bad thing is, I have to install everything all over again. Oh well, I guess. I completely missed that part you were talking about, and I believe I ended up formating my memory card to start everything fresh, so I must have lost my EmuNand. You are all amazing, and I appreciate your work, and help, and promptness.

ONE LAST QUESTION:

I had 3 folders in my Nintendo3ds Folder. One that is my current folder I am installing things to, one was my EmuNAND Folder, and I assume the 3rd one was the old SysNAND folder.

Can I delete the old SysNAND Folder? It is like 5GB. Will things function normally without it?

Last edited by 3rdamention,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I am thinking you are probably right. So, other than losing all the cias I had previously installed, all my save files, and having to reinstall my old cias again, is everything else ok?

Or, did I screw something up?
No, it's fine (besides the data you lost). You can delete the directory then.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok then, well, the good thing is that I didn't have any saves or anything that are going to destroy me. Bad thing is, I have to install everything all over again. Oh well, I guess. I completely missed that part you were talking about, and I believe I ended up formating my memory card to start everything fresh, so I must have lost my EmuNand. You are all amazing, and I appreciate your work, and help, and promptness.

ONE LAST QUESTION:

I had 3 folders in my Nintendo3ds Folder. One that is my current folder I am installing things to, one was my EmuNAND Folder, and I assume the 3rd one was the old SysNAND folder.

Can I delete the old SysNAND Folder? It is like 5GB. Will things function normally without it?
If you just formatted on the computer, you probably didn't lose your emuNAND, since it's a separate partition and usually you need special software to deal with it. Try the steps in Move EmuNAND and see what happens. If it says you don't have an emuNAND, then i guess you deleted it. But if it doesn't, then you'll be able to use your data again.

3rdamention

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's fine (besides the data you lost). You can delete the directory then.

Thanks so much!

If you just formatted on the computer, you probably didn't lose your emuNAND, since it's a separate partition and usually you need special software to deal with it. Try the steps in Move EmuNAND and see what happens. If it says you don't have an emuNAND, then i guess you deleted it. But if it doesn't, then you'll be able to use your data again.

Thank You! I will try it!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Milo5789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dudes. I am currently thinking in downgrading a friend's system. Problem is, the source system is said to had shared the Friend Seed. Using Plailect's, can I go on just normally? OR should I look for another source system.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have access to HBL? If so, just use the built-in FTP application to transfer files over the network. It's slow for transferring games but for apps etc. it works just fine and saves you the trouble of removing the SD card every time.

I transfer games over FTP too because it's just easier .. Takes an hour or so per game but eh, whatever.
Is it the super FTP II Turbo thing? If so, how do I use it?

John256145

"Why does your name have so many numbers?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh look, it's another noob asking about the Sun and Moon ban wave.

So yes, my 3DS was banned last month for connecting online. Are there any options for me to unban my system without needing another hacked 3DS? In fact, is it possible to keep all my friends in friend list? Will a TinyFormat help? I have an o3DS with luma cfw, emunand 11.2, with menuhax. (don't kill me.)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is it the super FTP II Turbo thing? If so, how do I use it?

Open it. An IP will appear on top of the screen. Open Windows File Explorer on your computer (meaning, basically open just any folder) and write the IP to the address bar in the folder like this: ftp://198.168.2.1:5000 .. your ip will of course vary. Boom you're in. If it says something about proxy not being configured or for some reason you can't transfer files to or from your 3DS, reboot the console and do it again. You can also download the .CIA and transfer it over with FTP, then install it to access the FTP app from home menu without needing to open HBL every time you want to move files over.

Last edited by Distrance,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh look, it's another noob asking about the Sun and Moon ban wave.

So yes, my 3DS was banned last month for connecting online. Are there any options for me to unban my system without needing another hacked 3DS? In fact, is it possible to keep all my friends in friend list? Will a TinyFormat help? I have an o3DS with luma cfw, emunand 11.2, with menuhax. (don't kill me.)
Formatting won't be enough.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question (sorry been out of the scene for a while :b), i started to run out of space on my sd and wanted to try a new one. I plan on using 64gb but is wondering whether using a larger sd will cause speed and or firmware problems I got al9h and emunand. Also I was wondering why safe al9h installer unsafe now because i wanna use it for another 3ds but the "guide" says use ctr transfer on 2.1 instead of 9.2 thingy

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open it. An IP will appear on top of the screen. Open Windows File Explorer on your computer (meaning, basically open just any folder) and write the IP to the address bar in the folder like this: ftp://198.168.2.1:5000 .. your ip will of course vary. Boom you're in. If it says something about proxy not being configured or for some reason you can't transfer files to or from your 3DS, reboot the console and do it again. You can also download the .CIA and transfer it over with FTP, then install it to access the FTP app from home menu without needing to open HBL every time you want to move files over.
What do you mean, write the IP to the address bar in the folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean, write the IP to the address bar in the folder?
Never mind, just got it

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply, I kinda thought as much. I am reading a lot of different information on installation and conversion of ds roms and cia files... Can roms be converted to cia ON the 3ds now or do we need to use a computer program? What is the newest/best method for doing this at this time?
As far as I know, the conversion process still requires a PC.

The method I've always used is detailed in a short tutorial here. It's a fairly old method at this point, but it's pretty quick and easy. I don't know if there is a newer or better method out there.

jonnymars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, sorry if my question has been asked before... i tried to search the forum but i've just gotten impatient. ha.
anyway, i'm using o3ds with luma3ds (v6.6) and arm9loader. i believe sys firmware is 9.2 but i upgraded emunand to 11.0. i'd like to update to the current system version to be able to access online content. can anyone advise me how to do this please? if i shouldn't update please let me know why as well.
i am a noob here so please if my terminology is incorrect, let me know. thank you in advance!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys, sorry if my question has been asked before... i tried to search the forum but i've just gotten impatient. ha.
anyway, i'm using o3ds with luma3ds (v6.6) and arm9loader. i believe sys firmware is 9.2 but i upgraded emunand to 11.0. i'd like to update to the current system version to be able to access online content. can anyone advise me how to do this please? if i shouldn't update please let me know why as well.
i am a noob here so please if my terminology is incorrect, let me know. thank you in advance!
If you have a9lh you don't need emuNAND. Follow this : https://3ds.guide/move-emunand then update from System Settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!