Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
32fbf8c1a3dad4d4b784bd315b9aa11c.jpg
<br /><br />
fac5eb64595130cc46a747cc2253fc21.jpg
<br /><br />Need a spot of help. I'm trying to downgrade a 10.6E 3DS XL. I'm using The Homebrew Launcher (Browser) tutorial and I'm at the Decrypt 9 stage. I'm at the stage of the tutorial that I'm already on 9.2 but now need to get back into homebrew, however I cannot get back into homebrew. When I press down and press the power button, it boots straight into the home menu, when I try and use the QR or web address to get into homebrew, the browser starts to boot, the screen changes into different colours but then the browser freezes before it boots to the home screen with the error message pictured above. Any help and advise with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.<br /><br />

Bump [emoji24]

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
32fbf8c1a3dad4d4b784bd315b9aa11c.jpg
<br /><br />
fac5eb64595130cc46a747cc2253fc21.jpg
<br /><br />Need a spot of help. I'm trying to downgrade a 10.6E 3DS XL. I'm using The Homebrew Launcher (Browser) tutorial and I'm at the Decrypt 9 stage. I'm at the stage of the tutorial that I'm already on 9.2 but now need to get back into homebrew, however I cannot get back into homebrew. When I press down and press the power button, it boots straight into the home menu, when I try and use the QR or web address to get into homebrew, the browser starts to boot, the screen changes into different colours but then the browser freezes before it boots to the home screen with the error message pictured above. Any help and advise with this will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.<br /><br />

Bump [emoji24]

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
1)Did you already deleted home data?
2)Do you have all the starter.zip?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roms can be converted to .cias, but I don't think .cias can be converted to roms. Converting a rom to a .cia strips all of its header data (.cias use the console's own header), so I don't think there's any way to convert it back to its original format.

Thanks for the reply, I kinda thought as much. I am reading a lot of different information on installation and conversion of ds roms and cia files... Can roms be converted to cia ON the 3ds now or do we need to use a computer program? What is the newest/best method for doing this at this time?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So the purpose of this 2DS is to downgrade an O3DS XL with the Sys transfer exploit.

Now, the guide speaks of the sudokuhack injection and whatever. I don't really understand it, but can I just purchase any compatible game and then follow the guide normally, or do I actually need to do something? Since it speaks of file sizes and whatnot I'm a bit confused there.

Also does it matter which title I purchase? All the titles for EUR region are 4,99€ so can I just pick any?

Original release or "budget" re-release fine? http://amzn.to/2hIrH0F

I asked this couple pages back, and the Nintendo Selects versions work just fine. They are identical to the original, but cheaper. I used Nintendo Selects Stickerstar myself just fine today.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Original release or "budget" re-release fine? http://amzn.to/2hIrH0F
Both work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So the purpose of this 2DS is to downgrade an O3DS XL with the Sys transfer exploit.

Now, the guide speaks of the sudokuhack injection and whatever. I don't really understand it, but can I just purchase any compatible game and then follow the guide normally, or do I actually need to do something? Since it speaks of file sizes and whatnot I'm a bit confused there.

Also does it matter which title I purchase? All the titles for EUR region are 4,99€ so can I just pick any?

I asked this couple pages back, and the Nintendo Selects versions work just fine. They are identical to the original, but cheaper. I used Nintendo Selects Stickerstar myself just fine today.
The file size is mentiones to encourage finding more compatible games, but no, just buy the game and follow the guide

Reactions: Distrance

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
im reading the 3ds.guide, but i dont understand this part:

prep work;

14.- Copy the contents of the starter.zip to the root of your SD card, then put the SD card back into your 3DS
15.- Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP .zip to /3ds/ on your SD card

why the Step #14 say i have to put the sd card back if in the next step (15) ask me to put Decrypt9WIP folder in the SD? why put the SD in and out?
is this a typo or im reading this wrong??

Last edited by niño de cobre,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

prep work;

14.- Copy the contents of the starter.zip to the root of your SD card, then put the SD card back into your 3DS
15.- Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP .zip to /3ds/ on your SD card

why the Step #14 say i have to put the sd card back if in the next step (15) ask me to put a folder in the SD? why put the SD in and out?
its a typo, indeed

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country

prep work;

why the Step #14 say i have to put the sd card back if in the next step (15) ask me to put a folder in the SD? why put the SD in and out?
If it's written like this, then it's a typo

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Does the
  • Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
Step actually work? Isn't it kinda suspicious that first you have NNID on your console, then an hour later you don't, and then you want it back on your console. What if you do this multiple times if I end up modding someone else's console? Wouldn't it raise some red flags at Nintendo's?

Alternatively if I just make a dummy NNID and transfer it to the other console, can I then use the Remove NNID step with Godmode9 to remove it and re-link that console to an actual NNID, or is calling Nintendo needed still in both scenarios?

And finally, if I make a dummy NNID on the target 2DS, will this 2DS be able to re-obtain the DSiWare I bought without the NNID?

Last edited by Distrance,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Does the
  • Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
Step actually work? Isn't it kinda suspicious that first you have NNID on your console, then an hour later you don't, and then you want it back on your console. What if you do this multiple times if I end up modding someone else's console? Wouldn't it raise some red flags at Nintendo's?

Alternatively if I just make a dummy NNID and transfer it to the other console, can I then use the Remove NNID step with Godmode9 to remove it and re-link that console to an actual NNID, or is calling Nintendo needed still in both scenarios?
Ninty has a record of which console is a NNID attached to, you can remove it from the console nad put another one, but the one removed can only be used on that console. What calling Ninty does is unlinking the NNID from the console so it works on the SOurce 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1