CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
One sec im gonna grab the version ive been using, just used this on my 10.3 new 3ds a few weeks ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One sec im gonna grab the version ive been using, just used this on my 10.3 new 3ds a few weeks ago.
Haha nope cant do that, patched on 10.6. Uhhh, do you have pokemon ORAS? or Oot?

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this some sort of unseen incompatibility with my specific firmware?
I bought this damned thing just today all excited about doing this xD, I hope I'm not stuck with a "peasant" 3ds :\

I have ocarina of time, however I dont have powersaves or wtvr it's called(some sort of way to connect the cartridge to the computer?) or another 3ds with homebrew

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Is this some sort of unseen incompatibility with my specific firmware?
I bought this damned thing just today all excited about doing this xD, I hope I'm not stuck with a "peasant" 3ds :\

I have ocarina of time, however I dont have powersaves or wtvr it's called(some sort of way to connect the cartridge to the computer?) or another 3ds with homebrew

You dont need powersaves.. Back up your saves real quick, and put the cart in and boot up browserhax, you should be able to install oothax using the sploit installer included with starter.zip, (aka the install.3dsx)

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,
Reactions: Fpi

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You dont need powersaves.. Back up your saves real quick, and put the cart in and boot up browserhax, you should be able to install oothax using the sploit installer included with starter.zip, (aka the install.3dsx)
THANK YOU, YESSS!
Just a question? This will always be my entrypoint right? Booting up OoT and loading the hacked save?

Last edited by Fpi,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
You dont need powersaves.. Back up your saves real quick, and put the cart in and boot up browserhax, you should be able to install oothax using the sploit installer included with starter.zip
THANK YOU, YESSS!

NP, Just install and run downgrade using plaisysupdater from there. Hit me up if something goes wrong,
Ive done enough arm9loaderhax setups to know what im doing. (side note)
you can install any secondary hax if you can get into any hack method available. just a heads up!

THANK YOU, YESSS!
Just a question? This will always be my entrypoint right? Booting up OoT and loading the hacked save?

It can be (you have to update it for every version), but start with downgrading on this, after that use browserhax and install menuhax. The themehax is much less picky than the new one it seems. (Didnt mean to double post, sorry plz no ban merciful mods.)

RiiGGS23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again, I have successfully installed A9LH on my 2DS. However I got a bigger SD card and would like to use it Instead, but when I copied all the files to the new SD card and booted the system FBI and the HB Launcher were missing along with a custom theme I had Installed. Is there a process to migrate SD cards or am I stuck using my old SD ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello again, I have successfully installed A9LH on my 2DS. However I got a bigger SD card and would like to use it Instead, but when I copied all the files to the new SD card and booted the system FBI and the HB Launcher were missing along with a custom theme I had Installed. Is there a process to migrate SD cards or am I stuck using my old SD ?
Are you using an emuNAND? If so you have to back it up and reinject on the new card. If you don't, copying and pasting all the files is sufficient.

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NP, Just install and run downgrade using plaisysupdater from there. Hit me up if something goes wrong,
Ive done enough arm9loaderhax setups to know what im doing. (side note)
you can install any secondary hax if you can get into any hack method available. just a heads up!

It can be (you have to update it for every version), but start with downgrading on this, after that use browserhax and install menuhax. The themehax is much less picky than the new one it seems. (Didnt mean to double post, sorry plz no ban merciful mods.)

I am stuck with a partial downgrade, It didnt complete the downgrade to 9.2 and now I cant get the Oothax to boot into homebrew again, should I redo the browserhax thing for a new save file, even with a partial downgrade?

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States

Thats completely normal. Its because there is no savedata created yet on that 3ds for themes.
Your gonna have to reinstall it.

I am stuck with a partial downgrade, It didnt complete the downgrade to 9.2 and now I cant get the Oothax to boot into homebrew again, should I redo the browserhax thing for a new save file, even with a partial downgrade?

Absolutely, enter browserhax and redo the downgrade from there. No need for panic. (if your gonna use oot install for 9.2)
Edit: I double posted again.. sorry!

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I attempted to put Luma3DS on a O3DS that had RXTools as well as a ton of other files. I feel like I screwed it up now and was wondering if I could just format the SD card and just start the whole CFW process from the beginning. If I can do that any links to an updates tutorial?

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats completely normal. Its because there is no savedata created yet on that 3ds for themes.
Your gonna have to reinstall it.

Absolutely, enter browserhax and redo the downgrade from there. No need for panic. (if your gonna use oot install for 9.2)
Edit: I double posted again.. sorry!

I cant seem to get back to browserhax, it gets stuck on one of the colors everytime I try to boot it up through browser, I did the time reset/browser clear thing too. NVM, I got in, I just hadnt tried enough times

Last edited by Fpi,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
So, I attempted to put Luma3DS on a O3DS that had RXTools as well as a ton of other files. I feel like I screwed it up now and was wondering if I could just format the SD card and just start the whole CFW process from the beginning. If I can do that any links to an updates tutorial?

Just wipe the RXtools files. Im sure its fine. Emunands transfer between cfw.

I cant seem to get back to browserhax, it gets stuck on one of the colors everytime I try to boot it up through browser, I did the time reset/browser clear thing too

Thats fine. Just keep trying. Browserhax on 9.2 is unstableish.

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced my '3ds' folder with the one in the Luma package. That folder had nothing compared to what I had. Now when I turn it on it goes to a purple page with the a 'Configuration file not found /boot.cfg
Creating default configuration...
Press any key to continue..'

Pressing any button does nothing at all. the boot.cfg is there. This is what is inside boot.cfg :

// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
// Default timeout in seconds
// If timeout = -1 (disable autoboot)
timeout = 0;

// use 2 for new 3DS, 8 for 'old' 3DS
autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
// hold this key after turning on the 3DS to enter the menu
// keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry (starts counting at 0, not at 1)
default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
entries =
(

{

title = "Luma3DS";

path = "/Luma3DS.dat";

offset = "0x12000";

},

{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "CakesFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Gateway Menu";
path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "PastaCFW (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "MiniPasta (= Devmode) (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/MiniPasta/MiniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "EmuNAND9";
path = "/EmuNAND9.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Decrypt9";
path = "/Decrypt9WIP.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Homebrew Launcher";
path = "/boot.3dsx";
}
);
};

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I replaced my '3ds' folder with the one in the Luma package. That folder had nothing compared to what I had. Now when I turn it on it goes to a purple page with the a 'Configuration file not found /boot.cfg
Creating default configuration...
Press any key to continue..'

Pressing any button does nothing at all. the boot.cfg is there. This is what is inside boot.cfg :

// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
// Default timeout in seconds
// If timeout = -1 (disable autoboot)
timeout = 0;

// use 2 for new 3DS, 8 for 'old' 3DS
autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
// hold this key after turning on the 3DS to enter the menu
// keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry (starts counting at 0, not at 1)
default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
entries =
(

{

title = "Luma3DS";

path = "/Luma3DS.dat";

offset = "0x12000";

},

{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "CakesFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Gateway Menu";
path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "PastaCFW (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "MiniPasta (= Devmode) (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/MiniPasta/MiniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "EmuNAND9";
path = "/EmuNAND9.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Decrypt9";
path = "/Decrypt9WIP.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Homebrew Launcher";
path = "/boot.3dsx";
}
);
};
Restore your SD card backup (you did make one, right?) and follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM