• Views 4,474,311
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is to hack a game and make patches for it? I watched many tutorial on how to do it but some of them are outdated or are for pokemon only. I wanted to make the Awakening gay marriage patch but it froze my game and did not work.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is to hack a game and make patches for it? I watched many tutorial on how to do it but some of them are outdated or are for pokemon only. I wanted to make the Awakening gay marriage patch but it froze my game and did not work.
not very hard, i find it easier to use hans and complie a romfs file, but most reccommend NTR as some games have audio issues on hans just make a plugin for ntr or romfs file for hans and use it to redirect the game romfs and load custom romfs. if you need to use a code.bin or .code, hans is the way to go.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not very hard, i find it easier to use hans and complie a romfs file, but most reccommend NTR as some games have audio issues on hans just make a plugin for ntr or romfs file for hans and use it to redirect the game romfs and load custom romfs. if you need to use a code.bin or .code, hans is the way to go.
Not to be annoying but can you tell me where I can find the latest guide on how to hack 3ds games?

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just bought a new 3DS xl on firmware 10.6.0.31E, Im trying to do the A9LH Plailect guide, I have successfully installed the browserhax, however upon rebooting my console and holding down the down D pad button, a screen of garbage appeared followed by,
An error has occurred.
Hold down the POWER button to
turn off the power, then turn it on
and try again.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com.
I have not successfully booted into the homebrew channel to begin part 2, I have tried uninstalling and installing the browserhax multiple times, I have tried to reboot the 3ds over and over and I have never successfully booted into the homebrew channel, Im getting pretty desperate. Please help me!

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought a new 3DS xl on firmware 10.6.0.31E, Im trying to do the AL9H Plailect guide, I have successfully installed the browserhax, however upon rebooting my console and holding down the down D pad button, a screen of garbage appeared followed by,
An error has occurred.
Hold down the POWER button to
turn off the power, then turn it on
and try again.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com.
I have not successfully booted into the homebrew channel to begin part 2, I have tried uninstalling and installing the browserhax multiple times, I have tried to reboot the 3ds over and over and I have never successfully booted into the homebrew channel, Im getting pretty desperate. Please help me!

You mean menuhax right? Make sure you have boot.3dsx on the root of the sd. among the 3ds and nintendo 3ds folders. If that doesnt work, try another version of menuhax.

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean menuhax right? Make sure you have boot.3dsx on the root of the sd. among the 3ds and nintendo 3ds folders. If that doesnt work, try another version of menuhax.
yeah the folders are all there, where can I find another version of menuhax? Do I have to do the browserhax from scratch after getting such a new version?

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok try grabbing the starter pack again from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Then grab the 3.0 version menuhax from here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

Did as instructed, still no change :( , I download the starter pack, put the starter pack in my formatted sd card, then dled the 3.0 version and put that in the /3ds/ folder, I did the browserhax, it installed menuhax 3.0 successfully but come reboot the same thing happened, I got a screen of garbage and the same error message, tried rebooting multiple times to no avail.

Last edited by Fpi,

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Did as instructed, still no change :( , I download the starter pack, put the starter pack in my formatted sd card, then dled the 3.0 version and put that in the /3ds/ folder, I did the browserhax, it installed successfully but come reboot the same thing happened, I got a screen of garbage and the same error message, tried rebooting multiple times to no avail.

Have you set your theme to no theme (the white one)? and then installed menuhax?
The garbage is normal and is expected of menuhax unless you install the graphic.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did as instructed, still no change :( , I download the starter pack, put the starter pack in my formatted sd card, then dled the 3.0 version and put that in the /3ds/ folder, I did the browserhax, it installed menuhax 3.0 successfully but come reboot the same thing happened, I got a screen of garbage and the same error message, tried rebooting multiple times to no avail.
did you extract the starter?

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you set your theme to no theme (the white one)? and then installed menuhax?
The garbage is normal and is expected of menuhax unless you install the graphic.
Before doing browserhax/installing menuhax, I changed the theme to a colored one and then back to default. I had the time and date set to the specified values/cleared browser , scanned qr code, got into hombrew channel and installed menuhax and then the error message always happening upon reboot trying to boot into homebrew

Yes I did extract the starter, I extracted the menuhax 3.0 too into the 3ds folder

Last edited by Fpi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn