• Views 4,520,600
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can someone tell me if I can run home brew and take screenshots on sky3ds or is that only with gateway? And by screenshots I mean in any game at any time like in the smea vid. Thx!
homebrew launcher is designed to used by legit user, because sky acted as legit cart, it can use it too. just follow the instruction of how to setup it from the site. you can use ninjhax entry point with sky as cubic ninja cart.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Custom firmware only for the screenshots. Sorry about the mistake and double post. My Tapatalk app doesn't allow editing my text

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Custom firmware only for the screenshots. Sorry about the mistake and double post. My Tapatalk app doesn't allow editing my text
and what did you mean by that? hbl 2.5 can take screenshots ingame (press home anytime you want to ss), then generate them with scrtool.
it's no longer cfw exclusive feature, anyone who can run homebrew (almost every fw is possible) can use screenshot feature

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! So my 3ds accidentally got updated to 10.3 and sky is supposed to work on the most recent, right? So can I get that screenshot feature and sky on 10.3? Or will I need to get another 3ds?

thoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i want to upgrade to a bigger internal SD card, is there any chance in it's as easy as just copying all the contents of my current SD card onto the new one, or will i have to install themehax/gateway/everything else all over again?

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you! So my 3ds accidentally got updated to 10.3 and sky is supposed to work on the most recent, right? So can I get that screenshot feature and sky on 10.3? Or will I need to get another 3ds?
.... how about trying it yourself? or do i need to tell you once again? it shoud work.
but if you can get another (exploitable) 3ds. yes, do your self a favor. sky sucks anyway.
if i want to upgrade to a bigger internal SD card, is there any chance in it's as easy as just copying all the contents of my current SD card onto the new one, or will i have to install themehax/gateway/everything else all over again?
you only need to copy paste everyhing if you don't have emunand. if you have emunand setup, follow tutorial on sticky.

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... how about trying it yourself? or do i need to tell you once again? it shoud work.
but if you can get another (exploitable) 3ds. yes, do your self a favor. sky sucks anyway.

Why are you being rude? I just wanted to clarify for 10.3... I didn't try for myself because I don't have the money to buy multiple 3ds and multiple carts, which is why I'm here. I want to figure it out to avoid investing in the wrong thing.

Furi_Kuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm noob to 3DS. Today buy 3DS from friend. Old 3DS with 9.7.0-25U. I already install Homebrew Launcher via BrowserHax. Setup themehax. But a was didn't understand. Can I use FBI to install Legit CIA's like "USA - Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000054000).cia" to play some Legit games? What I need to do. Please help give me proper tutorial. If it will help I can take LoZ:OoT or Smash Bros and setup another homebrew launcher.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi guys, I'm noob to 3DS. Today buy 3DS from friend. Old 3DS with 9.7.0-25U. I already install Homebrew Launcher via BrowserHax. Setup themehax. But a was didn't understand. Can I use FBI to install Legit CIA's like "USA - Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000054000).cia" to play some Legit games? What I need to do. Please help give me proper tutorial. If it will help I can take LoZ:OoT or Smash Bros and setup another homebrew launcher.

There's no way to install CIAs or CFW on firmwares higher than 9.2 right now.

Reactions: Furi_Kuri

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you. Will wait, maybe something in the future will be.

Or sell it and try to find another old 3DS with 9.2 or below. They're not hard to find, it's just the New 3DS (with c-stick/etc.) that's tricky to find. At least here in the US, you can go to any retail store and pick up a brand new old 3DS or even a 2DS (as long as it's not a Yokai Watch bundled 2DS) and it's pretty much guaranteed to be on 8.x or below.

Furi_Kuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or sell it and try to find another old 3DS with 9.2 or below. They're not hard to find, it's just the New 3DS (with c-stick/etc.) that's tricky to find. At least here in the US, you can go to any retail store and pick up a brand new old 3DS or even a 2DS (as long as it's not a Yokai Watch bundled 2DS) and it's pretty much guaranteed to be on 8.x or below.
In my country Nintendo is not available. At this time I have only this 3DS. I didn't understand how guys want make FBI to work. ( and )

Last edited by Furi_Kuri,

Furi_Kuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One more question: Can I create nintendo id, without update my firmware? Because i can't use eShop from homebrew launcher, ask to link nintendo id.

Mopb3

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm aware a lot of information here suggests that 9.3+ firmware versions cannot operate hacks, but smea's site seems to indicate, certainly at least for browserhax they were only patched in 10.2?

I'm just wondering as I managed to get an old 3ds on the cheap a couple days back and the previous owner had it sitting on 10.2.0-28E, I've refrained from updating but I wondered what my options are? I've spent today and yesterday trying to find different solutions in various threads and sites but it's all rather confused me. I've used an RD(NDSL/NDS) on my DS lite and that served the purpose of what I wanted, the ability to run ROMs. That said I'm also interested in the possibilities of other things, homebrew and any other extra functionality I can squeeze out of this thing!

I've looked at and considered Sky3ds, but the cards seem so damn expensive! Twice what I got the console for, and that's rather out of my budget :( so I was wondering as well if perhaps I was simply looking in the wrong places, or if they were indeed so expensive

Last edited by Mopb3,

Lux89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at...