• Views 4,464,731
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi;
Just wanted to know if the Gateway 3DS supports both .3DS and .NDS roms.
And if it's compatible with N3DS latest firmware.
As far as I know, the Blue Gateway card is used for .NDS roms. I don't believe that's changed. And the N3DS will NOT work on the latest firmware. If you get a N3DS it has to be a firmware at 9.2 or below.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question of my own at the moment, Is setting up emunand for n3ds any different from the others ? Is it safe to format emunand on my n3ds or is there extra steps now ?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this was asked before but I was wondering, if out there is patching tool that would make your cias look legit to the console FW?? what is the difference between a legit and non legit cias, why devs can patch region and private headers but not the legit status??? Not a dev here only a dog barking to the moon.
In order for the console to see it as legit, it has to have a valid signature. If you change anything in the contents (such as region, header, etc) then the signature no longer matches the contents, and it will be invalid. "Universal" CIAs have a signature that is valid for any console, because they're pre-installed to large numbers of them. CIAs you download from the eShop have a signature that is valid for your console. Generating a new, valid signature would require access to Nintendo's private keys, which is probably never going to happen, ever.

Hi;
Just wanted to know if the Gateway 3DS supports both .3DS and .NDS roms.
And if it's compatible with N3DS latest firmware.
The Gateway package includes two cards: a Red Card for .3DS roms, and a Blue Card for .NDS roms. Enabling the Blue Card will require installing a file to unblock it, but that can be done fairly easily. Gateway only supports System Versions 9.2 and below, unfortunately. For a New 3DS, once you have Gateway up and running, you can emulate up to 9.5, but your system's internal version cannot be above 9.2. (Old 3DS can emulate the current 9.7, but still needs the system's version to be 9.2 or below as well.) You will also need access to Zelda: OoT (and a way to load the altered save file onto it) or Cubic Ninja in order to do the initial setup, but once you've done that, you won't need them again.

I have a question of my own at the moment, Is setting up emunand for n3ds any different from the others ? Is it safe to format emunand on my n3ds or is there extra steps now ?
What kind of setup are you going for, exactly? It is safe to format system memory, either on emuNand or on sysNand. I know on sysNand that it will remove the NVRAM Profile, and performing a System Format on emuNand might as well, so you should be prepared to reinstall the profile. (Either make sure you have bluecardfix.cia and mset.cia installed to sysNand, or have access to Cubic Ninja.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering what the steps to actually getting Emunand was. I keep seeing stuff like EmuNand tool and such. If I want to use emunand, would I just use Format Emunand and then everytime I boot into Gateway mode its using Emunand ?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering what the steps to actually getting Emunand was. I keep seeing stuff like EmuNand tool and such. If I want to use emunand, would I just use Format Emunand and then everytime I boot into Gateway mode its using Emunand ?
First, you'll want to copy everything from your system's SD card onto your computer. The process will involve formatting the card, which will erase everything on it.

- Enter the Gateway Launcher menu however you normally do so. (Hold L if needed to bring up the menu instead of booting Gateway Mode.)
- Select "Setup Emunand" from the menu. This will create a 1GB or so partition on your SD card to hold the emuNand, meaning your card's capacity will appear to shrink a bit. The partition is normally hidden when you view the card on the computer, because it's a format that the computer doesn't know how to read. Windows Drive Manager will show it, if you want to verify it's there, but for the most part you won't need to actually worry about it. The Gateway Launcher will then copy everything from your system's internal memory onto that partition.
- If the partition is present, booting Gateway Mode will boot that copy instead of your system's internal memory by default. Now you are running your emuNand. You do not need to use "Setup Emunand" again. Now you can copy the files back onto your SD card.

EmuNand Tool is a PC program that allows for easy backup/restore of the emuNand partition. So you should probably go ahead and back up that partition before doing anything.

After the initial setup, both nands will be using the same internal ID, and so they're "linked". They're both using the same files on the SD card, and that can cause some issues as they step on each others' toes. You can solve this by performing a "Format System Memory" on one of them, which will cause it to create a new ID. I personally would recommend doing this on sysNand, since you can do that with the card removed to prevent it from deleting any files, and so that everything you had in sysNand before is still in emuNand. I don't use my sysNand for anything other than getting to emuNand, so it doesn't make sense for me to keep any data there. You should read the available guides that list the pros and cons of linked nands, and make the decision yourself, though.

DeityAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh hai xD

I have a few questions and didn't feel like posting a whole thread dedicated to my questions soo...

For starters I plan on getting a N3DSXL just not sure what it will ship with (praying for 9.2 or below).

I've heard you need Zelda OoT or CN for Gateway to work on a N3DS is that true?

*snip*Did research no longer need answer.

For two the age old question Gateway vs Sky3ds.. I want to play legit roms/cias (so I don't have to carry so many damn carts) which one would be better for me?
I don't plan on doing anything homebrew but I would like a region free option. (I know for GW I have to be 9.2 or below).

That's about it for now I guess....

Thanks for looking at my questions xD

Last edited by DeityAngel,

obaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kind of lost with this new 3ds update. Is it safe to update emunand on old 3ds up to the latest firmware ? I`m using gateway and 9.3 firmware now.

Commander Shart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys me again. I saw that you guys found a way to hack 3DS codes using a web browser exploit. Well. My question isn't about how to exploit the web browser, but is it a good idea to turn my internet on in order to use it?
I have my internet completely disabled, and I don't want my 3DS to update if I turn my internet on. Is there a safe way to do this without updating my 3DS. I wanna see if Ocarina of Time 3D still has the colored Tunics.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
If I update my Pokemon games with a cia-based patch rather than getting it from the eshop myself, will I be detected online? (Not on latest EmuNand so this is the only way I can update the games).

If so, does the latest Gateway version support the latest system revision? Will it be safe to update my EmuNand if I did it today?

RPG_Fan_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I have a new question about custom emunands like karl 3ds, etc: Basically, is it possible for these non gateway emunands such as karl 3DS to spoof the firmware version on the new 3DS? Also, what's the min real firmware required to play Xenoblade Chronicles assuming you use firmware spoofing?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kind of lost with this new 3ds update. Is it safe to update emunand on old 3ds up to the latest firmware ? I`m using gateway and 9.3 firmware now.
Old 3DS can support emuNand up to 9.7. New 3DS can only support emuNand up to 9.5. Neither can support sysNand beyond 9.2, though. Always back up your emuNand before updating, just in case anything goes wrong, though.

If I update my Pokemon games with a cia-based patch rather than getting it from the eshop myself, will I be detected online? (Not on latest EmuNand so this is the only way I can update the games).

If so, does the latest Gateway version support the latest system revision? Will it be safe to update my EmuNand if I did it today?
Using a CIA version of the update is perfectly safe. Gateway 3.2.1 supports the latest system version for emuNands on Old 3DS only.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh hai xD

I have a few questions and didn't feel like posting a whole thread dedicated to my questions soo...

For starters I plan on getting a N3DSXL just not sure what it will ship with (praying for 9.2 or below).

I've heard you need Zelda OoT or CN for Gateway to work on a N3DS is that true?

*snip*Did research no longer need answer.

For two the age old question Gateway vs Sky3ds.. I want to play legit roms/cias (so I don't have to carry so many damn carts) which one would be better for me?
I don't plan on doing anything homebrew but I would like a region free option. (I know for GW I have to be 9.2 or below).

That's about it for now I guess....

Thanks for looking at my questions xD
Gateway I know has an option to back up your game cartridge. I don't know about Sky though

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
It's been a little while since I updated Emunand with my gateway, if I remember correctly all I have to do is replace the launcher.dat, boot into gateway mode and then go to system update right?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a little while since I updated Emunand with my gateway, if I remember correctly all I have to do is replace the launcher.dat, boot into gateway mode and then go to system update right?
Old 3ds or new 3ds ? If new, I wouldn't update it normally because latest isnt supported.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had trouble finding the answer to this pardon my bad searching ability. But if I were to load a backup of a game that can play online would I be able to play online just the same as my original copy of the game or do I have to do another step. Also if I wanted to buy a 3ds from my local best buy that is compatible with the currents flashcarts which models would I be looking at?(I live in Canada)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol