• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

decreech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make a topic in this sub titled something like "new smash cart requires 9.5-20E". and describe your experience. it is possibly this is already known and I missed it but I usually pick up on these kind of things.

Do you get this message even if you do not have an Internet connection? If so that means the cart has 9.5 on it and I think this is the first cart to have the firmware.

When you create/format emunand you create a 1:1 copy of sysnand and they share the same data folder on the internal SD card (linked). To unlink them format either one. Sysnand with the SD card removed. Your choice which one to do, and it will be wiped clean. There will then be two folders in the Nintendo 3Ds folder on the sc card. I like to format sysnand as I don't use it for anything. Some with more advanced setups choose to keep them linked. It is a topic debated many many times in tons of threads.

Make sure you have a backup of both sysnand and emunand. There is a link to Emunand tool on the first post in this thread.

Done.

Also, might it be possible that I rip this copy of smash 3DS to my own ROM and update Emunand to 9.5?

decreech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perfect, thanks m8.

I just have to make sure that I'm in Emunand and have my Emunand and Sysnand unlinked, right? I just start my Smash 3DS dump, update the emunand and play the game?

We'll see how it goes when I have my GW3DS.

Let's hope that the Gateway team makes 9.7 (and further) FW updates compatible with N3DS Emunand.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, thanks m8.

I just have to make sure that I'm in Emunand and have my Emunand and Sysnand unlinked, right? I just start my Smash 3DS dump, update the emunand and play the game?

We'll see how it goes when I have my GW3DS.

Let's hope that the Gateway team makes 9.7 (and further) FW updates compatible with N3DS Emunand.
You need to wait until you have your gateway card to update emunand. You cannot get into emunand without it.

Once you have the game dump you may be asked to upload it, if it hasn't been released yet. Gamesquest1's post indicates it may be in the wild already, not sure.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Typhin,

thank you for your time reading my babble. Yesterday i checked again and realized i was on GW 3.20 not on 3.21. My fault. With GW-Mode i meant the launcher menu...I´m trying again now should work i think. Another question: I dumped my Retail MH4-Game, where was the dump written? I can´t see it on the 3DS storage
I believe it gets put into the root of your system's SD card, under the game ID (CTR-P-BFGE.3ds or .bin for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate). I ripped a couple cards when I first got the 3DS but haven't really messed with the option since.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been putting off on taking the 3DS scene plunge for a while now, but figured it's time to get my feet wet, especially with my finally getting my O3DS back the the release of the GW 3.2.1 Ultra update. I would like to know if it's possible for me to get EmuNAND up and running on my O3DS (9.5.0-23U) with only a DSTWO flashcart?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been putting off on taking the 3DS scene plunge for a while now, but figured it's time to get my feet wet, especially with my finally getting my O3DS back the the release of the GW 3.2.1 Ultra update. I would like to know if it's possible for me to get EmuNAND up and running on my O3DS (9.5.0-23U) with only a DSTWO flashcart?
I am sorry to bring you bad news but gateway will only work on consoles with system firmware up to 9.2

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm back to waiting then. Thanks for the advice, even if it wasn't what I hoped :)
The general consensus in the community is that wait may be years. Look at sky3ds or consider selling your console and buying a 9.2 or below if you want gateway. It was 18 months between the 4.5 and 9.2 exploit. Gateway isn't likely to blow an exploit so soon considering there are plenty of exploitable consoles on the market right now.

Reactions: Margen67

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The general consensus in the community is that wait may be years. Look at sky3ds or consider selling your console and buying a 9.2 or below if you want gateway. It was 18 months between the 4.5 and 9.2 exploit. Gateway isn't likely to blow an exploit so soon considering there are plenty of exploitable consoles on the market right now.

The 3DS is an Ocarina of Time edition, so I don't really want to sell it. I'll just save up and hunt down a 9.2 or below system later on. No offense to Sky users, but I think I would prefer the extra functionality that GW has. Thank you for reminding me that Gateway isn't so quick on the draw to release new firmware exploits, though. There's a reason we have a SOON™ meme after all :yaynds:

Ryukengi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm stuck between getting a Gateway or a sky3ds for my N3DS I bought in Japan.

From what I gather about Sky3DS it is much simplier to get running for the N3DS.

I like the look and sound of Gateway better, but I'm not sure if I could sucessfully use it for my N3DS, as I am getting confused about how to get it all set up and running.

Game exploits for OoT and Cubic Ninja, neither of which I have the J versions on to use. Am I instantly screwed in this case unless I get my hands on one?

Latest gateway update is 3.2.1 Ultra, and that lists something to do with the bluecard to get the VRAM set up for the N3DS which to my understanding eliminates the need for either OoT or Cubic Ninja for it to work?

I am so confused on this, can anyone help me out?

FYI, N3DS is running 9.1.0-20J right out the box.

And helps would be hugely appreciated.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm stuck between getting a Gateway or a sky3ds for my N3DS I bought in Japan.

From what I gather about Sky3DS it is much simplier to get running for the N3DS.

I like the look and sound of Gateway better, but I'm not sure if I could sucessfully use it for my N3DS, as I am getting confused about how to get it all set up and running.

Game exploits for OoT and Cubic Ninja, neither of which I have the J versions on to use. Am I instantly screwed in this case unless I get my hands on one?

Latest gateway update is 3.2.1 Ultra, and that lists something to do with the bluecard to get the VRAM set up for the N3DS which to my understanding eliminates the need for either OoT or Cubic Ninja for it to work?

I am so confused on this, can anyone help me out?

FYI, N3DS is running 9.1.0-20J right out the box.

And helps would be hugely appreciated.
Yes you are screwed if you don't have Oot or CN at least once to get it set up. There are some users offer a service to set it up. Just check the threads.

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the guides to install CFW without a flashcart, and I got RXTools working. I downgraded to 4.2 or whatever, and then upgraded from a cartridge to 7.2.0-9U; where I am now. RXTools works fine and my emunand is on latest version, many thanks to all.

The only thing is now ninjhax isn't working. I deleted the exploit from the games save, copied the exploit files back to the sd card, and tried to run it again but it hangs on the web browser. Anybody know what's wrong?

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I now have a larger SD card to store more CIA's on and want to use that How would I use another SD card to run CIA's on, would I be able to mirror the SD card I have running..

Ryukengi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you are screwed if you don't have Oot or CN at least once to get it set up. There are some users offer a service to set it up. Just check the threads.

I should mention I have also have a old 3DS on 9.5.0-22E and OoT E. Does this help me anyways ways to getting it to work for the N3DS?

EDIT - NVM, I remembered the Gateway can't support anythign higher than 9.2 at this time.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should mention I have also have a old 3DS on 9.5.0-22E and OoT E. Does this help me anyways ways to getting it to work for the N3DS?

EDIT - NVM, I remembered the Gateway can't support anythign higher than 9.2 at this time.
I hear J CN is expensive. You might be better off getting sky and gateway,mother putting CN on sky to launche the exploit. I have both.

I now have a larger SD card to store more CIA's on and want to use that How would I use another SD card to run CIA's on, would I be able to mirror the SD card I have running..
There is another sticky in the same section as this thread that explains how to move to a larger card.

Reactions: Chorjo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...