• Views 4,444,065
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I formatted emunand the regular way (system settings) so I could link my NNID, but after I tried to put back my emunand, my cia files were gone. I copied my backed up folder but now ReiNAND won't boot anymore. It goes into CbrBootManager, then ReiNAND, the regular flash and then it stays black, even after waiting some time.

I want to say you've got plagued with bad boot rates, but if it doesn't boot at all, then you most likely have bricked your Emunand.

But did you link your NNID after you formatted through system settings?

Last edited by thedude28,

HelpDesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
firstly thank you Temarile for your reply, i have indeed watched that tutorial a couple times, among others. This will be my first downgrade attempt, I already have 2 N3DS and 1 O3DS set up with Rxtools(it's a big house), i know everyone loves Reinand right now, but everything runs on Rx on the 9.0.0-E and 9.2.0-E consoles for me so, "if it ain't broke" right?

My main concern is the mismatch of checksums when these system files are highly stressed to be correct 'before' attempting to install them. Now i have no idea if the tutorials here are just outdated and providing an MD5 hash of the package everyone 'was' using at the time, and now the iso site has a more complete package, possibly containing unnecessary/mundane update files, even though it may still and apparently does indeed work. Or the other way around, and the iso site is deliberately leaving out updates in their 'Full' update package that are not necessary to perform a downgrade to 9.2. to reduce file size.

Though i have no reason to doubt your downgrade was successful simply by following the youtube video, I'd very much appreciate if anyone could inform me of the reason that tutorials here are encouraging the checking of the hash for the update package, which is important, but the package they are referring to, on 'the site' and very post, only has an update package with a different, and therefore according to their guides, incorrect hash, which they advise not to use. Sorry for long post and thx to any helpers.

tl;dr -> what MD5 should zip file have for downgrade?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah it got stuck again and again. what a pain. On my N3DS it went easier than this..

edit installing finallyyyy, what a slow machine is this 2DS :P but it started to reboot but hangs on a black screen now.

edit taking the sd card out did the trick again

Some people took it over 100+ tries to successfully downgrade, it's kinda hit-and-miss unfortunately. Glad it worked out in the end for you!

I want to say you've got plagued with bad boot rates, but if it doesn't boot at all, then you most likely have bricked your Emunand.

But did you link your NNID after you formatted through system settings?

Yeah, I figured that much.. I transferred my data from my 8GB card to my 32GB card because I couldn't make an Emunand.bin because I hadn't enough storage. I made a backup of that (ofcourse) so I could transfer it to my 32GB card. After that I did the steps I mentioned (Emunand.bin -> formatting through system settings ect) but got stuck on the restore step. I decided to "format" my MicroSD card and put back the backup of my 8GB, from before I tried linking NNID again.
To answer your question: Yes, I linked my NNID after I forrmatted through system settings. It wasn't until I had to restore the Emunand.bin and the backed up folder it had issues. The first try it actually booted but then there were no CIA files, I started doing other stuff, then it wouldn't boot into ReiNAND anymore. Luckily for me, since I put back my 8GB backup, it all works fine now. Will look into being able to access the eshop tomorrow..

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just finished downgrading and when try to make a backup of my sysnand with EmuNAND9 is says the it has successfully made the syanand file but its not on my sd card

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question about the ACE3DS Plus flashcart that hopefully someone can answer. I've been trying to get my ACE3DS Plus card to work on my 9.2 sysnand or my rx10.3 emunand but it usually gives me the error to power off my O3DS XL or the screen stays black. I use the files from the "official" website, when I plug it in it shows the metroid prime ds demo icon, and it works fine on my DS lite. I already tried installing the bluecardfix.cia and the flashcardtimewarp.cia to nand but that doesn't seem to fix it. Any help would be appreciated for getting this to work. :)

GummiWorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! probably stupid question but I accidently got a Gateway clone called 3dsLink and seeing how it looks like the support for it is dead along with the reports that gateway clones causing bricks . I was wondering if there's any hope for it other then throwing it out. can I use it in anyway? I believe it runs on the software used in another clone called R4i gold deluxe.i asked this question on another thread but i think its dead so im gonna post it here if that's ok.
Um hey so I would really appreciate a response

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea its not there and I just used downgrade check and it says that it did not fully downgrade and now sysupdater keeps failing when I start it to try and downgrade again
Look like you got a Frankenfirm. Someone else can give a better answer, but I think you're Doomed until you update to 10.5

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to prevent myself from accidentally updating 9.2 sysNAND even though I rarely go in there? Someone said to remove the wireless connection in there but that also removed it from emuNAND so that's not an option.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10.5 is the latest update, not 9.10.5...
oh lol sorry

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you mean 10.5 Emunand, ReiNand/CakesFW/RxTools (although Rxtools is currently really unstable) supports 10.5 Emunand.

If you're on 10.5 Sysnand, you're out of options unless you have a hardmod.
I'm on 10.3. Just wanted to know is there is a spoof any time soon

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not likely. Nintendo's checking more and more system titles for the versions as time goes on (meaning it's not so simple to spoof anymore), so it's pretty much update to 10.5+ or downgrade to 9.2 and enjoy emuNAND.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not likely. Nintendo's checking more and more system titles for the versions as time goes on (meaning it's not so simple to spoof anymore), so it's pretty much update to 10.5+ or downgrade to 9.2 and enjoy emuNAND.
Well i guess im gonna downgrade. Any other tips to the help me with downgrade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-