• Views 4,422,927
  • Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to get my 3dsXL fixed by a repair shop but its hacked...if I give it as is with the Sd card in when they'll boot it they'll get greeted by Menuhax, then ctrboot manager (in turquoise because i wanted) ,the rxtools splash screen before reaching my emunand with one of my fire emblem awakening custom themes and apps such as FBI, BBM and devmenu...That will probably be difficult to explain, and they might refuse to change the shell and/or the l button if it's modified...if I lend it to them without the sd card in, they might wonder why it is still at 9.2 and decide to update it to the latest firmware...

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So when I installed CFW I somehow screwed up but it didn´t care me until now. I don´t now anymore how it happend, but I don´t have H&S App anymore. I think something happend when I installed FBI. But I want to play GBA games now so I need to install them in Sysnand too.
Well, there's always the FBI.cia for HBL or DevMenu or BBM :) But I'm hoping you already have HBL's CIA version on your emuNAND, otherwise it would just be a pain to install GBA games on emuNAND, seeing as your H&S app is gone.
I want to get my 3dsXL fixed by a repair shop but its hacked...if I give it as is with the Sd card in when they'll boot it they'll get greeted by Menuhax, then ctrboot manager (in turquoise because i wanted) ,the rxtools splash screen before reaching my emunand with one of my fire emblem awakening custom themes and apps such as FBI, BBM and devmenu...That will probably be difficult to explain, and they might refuse to change the shell and/or the l button if it's modified...if I lend it to them without the sd card in, they might wonder why it is still at 9.2 and decide to update it to the latest firmware...
If you give it to Nintendo for repairs, they're gonna update it either way xD What exactly do you need fixed??

Weltton

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a problem every time I'm playing in emunand and close 3ds on standbymode. console just stay on black screen.
someone know why this happen? sorry for my bad english =/

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
but you cant run backup 3ds games with menuhax? or
Menuhax is just an entry point to boot into the Homebrew Launcher. From there, you can go into Emunand with your preferred Custom Firmware (CFW) such as ReiNAND (N3DS), rxTools (O3DS) and Cakes CFW. Using those CFW and FBI installer (or BBM) you can install .cia files which are basically backup 3ds games. I don't know about save files though.

I have a problem every time I'm playing in emunand and close 3ds on standbymode. console just stay on black screen.
someone know why this happen? sorry for my bad english =/
Which custom firmware are you running? O3DS or N3DS?

Reactions: n00b2015

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, there's always the FBI.cia for HBL or DevMenu or BBM :) But I'm hoping you already have HBL's CIA version on your emuNAND, otherwise it would just be a pain to install GBA games on emuNAND, seeing as your H&S app is gone.

FBI (or better said H&S) is there in Emunand, it's missing in Sysnand. As for HBL I boot with CTRBootManager so getting into it isn't a problem. Am I assuming right that there's a FBI.3dsx so I can just launch it from HBL then?

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Menuhax is just an entry point to boot into the Homebrew Launcher. From there, you can go into Emunand with your preferred Custom Firmware (CFW) such as ReiNAND (N3DS), rxTools (O3DS) and Cakes CFW. Using those CFW and FBI installer (or BBM) you can install .cia files which are basically backup 3ds games. I don't know about save files though.
THANX MAN

Flamehaze41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds+ can only play .3ds files. But I think you can set up homebrew and emulators and stuff if you have a cubic ninja copy so you can set up ninjahax. There have been some trouble with saving/updating with sky3ds. I can't answer all your questions unfortunately.
So I am guessing there is no convient 3ds flashcarts atm on the level of convience that is dstwo.

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry for the repost, but I got no replies the first time...

I have a japanese o3ds on 10.1 and I'm trying to use browserhax with no success. When I try to load the site it gives me an error message and then returns to the home menu. Any ideas?

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a quick noob question about a 2DS, to downgrade it from 9.9 to 9.2 and setup a cfw, is the only possibility rxtools? I only downgraded 2 N3DS, so I worked with Reinand till so far, but got my hands on a 2DS.

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
if i do all that, will i be able to turn ON 3ds and run backup games in sysnand?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I am guessing there is no convient 3ds flashcarts atm on the level of convience that is dstwo.

Well, that depens on what your firmware version is and what you want it to do. If you're 10.3 (or lower) you can downgrade to 9.2 so you can use Gateway. Gateway has two cards, one (red card) will allow you to play .3ds files and one (blue card) will allow you to play .nds files and will make it able to set up the red card. So if you're on the right firmware version, Gateway is the way to go because of the continued support. They only released one card so far and it has been updated "regularly". DSTwo Plus can actually do the same (play .nds files and .3ds files) but again, the support will not be as great, you still need 9.2 and if Nintendo releases a "Fix" for the exploit DSTwo+ uses, you'll need to buy a new card, if they release one. If you're above the exploitable software 10.3 (or 9.2 ofcourse), your only way to go is the Sky3ds+ unfortunately. There are some drawbacks on the Sky3ds+, which are that it can only play .3ds files, no .cia files, no hacking/editing the games and so far they've released 3 cards, the red one, the blue one and the newest orange one, because the previous didn't work (anymore), which can be quite costly if they keep having a price of ~80 against Gateways ~60.

Sorry for the repost, but I got no replies the first time...

I have a japanese o3ds on 10.1 and I'm trying to use browserhax with no success. When I try to load the site it gives me an error message and then returns to the home menu. Any ideas?
What did you do so far? I assume you want to install CFW. I don't know how far you've thought that out but your best bet is upgrading to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2 as it has the least amount of brick reports so far.

a quick noob question about a 2DS, to downgrade it from 9.9 to 9.2 and setup a cfw, is the only possibility rxtools? I only downgraded 2 N3DS, so I worked with Reinand till so far, but got my hands on a 2DS.
You can use RxTools or CakeFW, depending on what you want/what you need. The most used is indeed RxTools. I suggest using this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

if i do all that, will i be able to turn ON 3ds and run backup games in sysnand?
NO. The answer is NO. Because you CANNOT install unsigned (aka illegal) .cia files onto your sysnand. (Well, you kinda can, because you need to install FBI onto your sysnand but the easiest way to be able to play the games is onto your Emunand) You need to install them into your EmuNAND. You can make your 3ds autoboot into EmuNAND using CtrBootManager. If you have games on your sysnand you'd like to return to, you can hold a button when booting up to boot into sysNAND.

Last edited by Temarile,

Weltton

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Which custom firmware are you running? O3DS or N3DS?

O3ds in 10.5rx rxtools 3.0

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I installed CFW I somehow screwed up but it didn´t care me until now. I don´t now anymore how it happend, but I don´t have H&S App anymore. I think something happend when I installed FBI. But I want to play GBA games now so I need to install them in Sysnand too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it normally should work.

On N3DS without any special flash carts?

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
What did you do so far? I assume you want to install CFW. I don't know how far you've thought that out but your best bet is upgrading to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2 as it has the least amount of brick reports so far.

Yeah I want to use cfw. The thing is that it was at 9.2, but my little brother accidently upgraded it to 10.1 . I'm trying to downgrade back to 9.2 .

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess I'm out of luck unless there's a way to access it on the latest version.

Thanks for the replies!

If you're on 10.5, the only way you can play "illegal" 3ds games is to buy a Sky3ds+ unfortunately.

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no! I'm not trying to play "illegal" 3DS games. What I'm trying to do is downloading a modded save for a 3DS game I own and play that modded file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.