• Views 4,457,503
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

Nexpill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend making an emuNAND backup with EmuNAND Tool before updating your emuNAND, just in case anything goes wrong.

Don't update from the pop-up, always update from system settings.

Enter system settings and make sure you are in emuNAND. Don't leave the system settings or you will be booted back into sysNAND. From system settings go to other settings and press the arrow on the right a few times until you see system update. Select it and it will update your emuNAND to the latest version. Be sure you're using the latest Gateway launcher!
Thanks! worked perfectly

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What specifically doesn't make sense? Maybe I can explain it more clearly.
This doesn't make sense. I don't know what parts he mean.
just follow the 2 first part then follow the mset method in the last part

Also
4. Copy the cia you want to install on your micro-sd card.
I don't know what cia I'm supposed to install.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This doesn't make sense. I don't know what parts he mean.

Also

I don't know what cia I'm supposed to install.
just follow the 2 first part then follow the mset method in the last part
Ok, for that he means if you have a Gateway cart you only need to do the first two steps of the tutorial, so:
I Installing a cia manager on your sysnand and II. Setting up the emunand.

For the MSET part he is talking about this section:
IV Start the CFW without internet.
2. With a downgraded mset

4. Copy the cia you want to install on your micro-sd card.
For this he means one of the cia managers.

From earlier in the tutorial:
You need :
- A cia version of the cia manager you want to install (for example FBI or BigBlueMenu)
So you will need to grab either DevMenu, BigBlueMenu or FBI.

Hope this makes things more clear!

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...I have a non exploitable 3ds at 9.9 and I want to system transfer it's contents and NNID to a future exploitable one...i suppose i'll have to update the 9.9 one to 10.3 and have the latest emunand on the other one...which is the target system and which is the host one in my case ? How can i keep access to my pokebank (I have 30 boxes full in there) ? The 9.9 3ds has a 16gb SD card in it can I use it in the other 3ds if so how? Is the process of setting up Rxtools really risky since it would be the first time I do it? Is it better for a newbie like me to go for a Gateway card instead?

Last edited by Amapola62,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, I'll try again soon. But I'll probably have more questions :)
No problem! Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Ok...I have a non exploitable 3ds at 9.9 and I want to system transfer it's contents and NNID to a future exploitable one...i suppose i'll have to update the 9.9 one to 10.3 and have the latest emunand on the other one...which is the target system and which is the host one in my case ? How can i keep access to my pokebank (I have 30 boxes full in there) ? The 9.9 3ds has a 16gb SD card in it can I use it in the other 3ds if so how? Is the process of setting up Rxtools really risky since it would be the first time I do it? Is it better for a newbie like me to go for a Gateway card instead?
The exploitable 3DS will be target. After the transfer is complete you should be able to access Pokebank on the exploitable 3DS. After you complete the transfer, make a backup of all of the files that are on the exploitable 3DS's SD card. Use EmuNAND Tool to backup emuNAND from the exploitable 3DS's SD. Format emuNAND on the 16GB SD. Use EmuNAND Tool to inject your emuNAND backup to the 16GB SD. Copy all of the files you backed up to the 16GB SD. It should now be usable with your exploitable 3DS!

RxTools is not really risky to set up. There's a detailed tutorial on the process here. Follow the steps in that tutorial and you shouldn't run into any issues. Just be sure that you are in emuNAND when you do the updating steps.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the SD card question, the problem is that it's already almost full or at least close to half due to the digital games i have in it...Meaning that if I system transfer, I probably wont have enough space in the 2gb/4gb sd card that is usually included with the 3ds...

Secondly, I will probably buy the console second handed from e-bay, if the person has already set up an NNID on it, i suppose they or I won't be able to delete it and replace it by my own without having to update the Sysnand to 10.3?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About the SD card question, the problem is that it's already almost full or at least close to half due to the digital games i have in it...Meaning that if I system transfer, I probably wont have enough space in the 2gb/4gb sd card that is usually included with the 3ds...

Secondly, I will probably buy the console second handed from e-bay, if the person has already set up an NNID on it, i suppose they or I won't be able to delete it and replace it by my own without having to update the Sysnand to 10.3?
I'm not 100% sure about the SD card issue. I haven't done a system transfer for a while, but I believe there is an option to move the files from the SD card manually, so you should be able to copy the files to your PC and restore them once you switch the SD card to the exploitable 3DS.

For the NNID, if there is one on there, you can format the system to remove it. When formatting it may ask you to connect to the internet, but it will not ask you to update.

Longius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
So i've just bought a N3DS XL MH4U edition, on 9.2.
I don't know what is the best way to reach my goals. I want to :
- Emunand (So that i can go to eshop, online ...)
- Using CIA
- Using Homebrew channel

What is the best CFW for my goals ? Do i have to buy a gateway ? Is rxtool the best option ?

Just give some tutorials to follow and i'll do the job ! I just want to be sure to use the right way

Last edited by Longius,

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Hey everyone! I have a old 3DS with rxtools installed and I would like to ask if there is a way to play NDS games on it. From what I found online, rxtools does not allow that but is there another homebrew that does? Thanks!

rockduderyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I recently got a N3DS Ver 10.3.0-28E:

- Knew I was late to the game firmware wise to got a SKY3DS for 3DS games
+ Now looking for a flash cart for DS games to play on my N3DS, also maybe some GBA games....is there a cart that can do both DS and GBA other than the Supercard DSTWO(been put off by the power draining cpu).

If there isn't a cart that can do both other than DSTWO can someone recommend me the cheapest price to get a R4 Gold, I'm located in the UK but not bothered about waiting for one to come from China if it's a significant saving.

Thanks In advance guys, I appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Ryan

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(made the same question few pages ago)

About save files, is there a safe way to copy them to another 3DS (without using the Save Data Transfer shit)?
I'm guessing that it wouldn't be an issue with card2 games such as Pokemon XY/ORAS, but what about card1 games?

I was thinking about how I'd manage my roms (personally I'm more attached to .3ds/3dz files than .cias) and considered converting them all to card2 to lessen the hassle of copying save files when I get a New3DS, but then I remembered that it would probably cause problems if I'd want to trim the files.

Last edited by Drowze,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?