• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after I have chose DS profile.
Make sure you've installed the GW MSET exploit (not the rxTools one) with a DS flashcart. The rxTools one looks for a file named rxTools.dat while the GateWay one looks for Launcher.dat. After that try the exploit again. Try it a few times as the exploit doesn't launch correctly 100% of the time.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

This should work, just copy the filer folder over to your .cia 3DS's SD card and import them on that 3DS using SaveDataFiler.

I tried this and failed. After reading it again I didn't realize you need to have the .3ds game selected via gateway select(?) first.

5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card

So you need to have the game mounted as .3ds and then you start savedatafiler.cia?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried this and failed. After reading it again I didn't realize you need to have the .3ds game selected via gateway select(?) first.

So you need to have the game mounted as .3ds and then you start savedatafiler.cia?
Yes, mount the game and if it's a card1 game, rename the save as 000400000FF40A00.sav on the SD card. There will probably already be a file with that name, but it seems to be a dummy a file that GateWay automatically creates, so you won't lose a save if you delete it.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, mount the game and if it's a card1 game, rename the save as 000400000FF40A00.sav on the SD card. There will probably already be a file with that name, but it seems to be a dummy a file that GateWay automatically creates, so you won't lose a save if you delete it.

If I have both 3DS's use .cia will I need to do a similar process or will the saves transfer more easily?

Joseybird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Pokemon AS cartridge game save was corrupted after 500+ hours of gameplay for no reason I've yet discovered. (My 3DS's recognize the cartridge, but I get a "game save corrupted" message when I try to open it, and PokeBank won't recognize the save either).

While I don't mind restarting, I have a lot of rare and otherwise precious pokes on that save :(

Is there any way I can at the very least extract those pokes to, say PokeBank? I have an old 3ds xl, new 3ds xl, and old japanese regular 3ds, all with updated firmware, but if there is a method of saving my pokes that requires I buy a 3ds with older firmware, I'm willing to do that.

Tomato-sandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region four

Do you want to actually play a cartridge or a rom? Your best choice would be Gateway, but then you also need to buy Cubic Ninja or Zelda OoT. You can ship your 3DS to someone and they can set it up for you with their copy of Cubic Ninja.

Other than that, you can use SKy3DS + Cubic Ninja for region free. (More expensive)

OR you can use Pasta CFW which requires Cubic Ninja. (Prob your best free option, minus the need to buy Cubic Ninja)

Thanks a lot. i wanted to actually play a cartridge if possible. I bought Dai Gyakuten so I just want to be able to play that on a USA N3DS.

Last question: Is there a way to use Japanese themes on an American N3DS?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot. i wanted to actually play a cartridge if possible. I bought Dai Gyakuten so I just want to be able to play that on a USA N3DS.

Last question: Is there a way to use Japanese themes on an American N3DS?
I'd say Rxtools is more than enough, and it's free. So if you're on 9.2 or lower, go for it!
You can even play cartridges with rxtools, and region free.

Themes are region locked, so the only way to use JAP themes on a USA 3DS is to use a homebrew called CHMM, then download the official JAP themes converted to the format CHMM uses. I can help you with that if you need it.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Pokemon AS cartridge game save was corrupted after 500+ hours of gameplay for no reason I've yet discovered. (My 3DS's recognize the cartridge, but I get a "game save corrupted" message when I try to open it, and PokeBank won't recognize the save either).

While I don't mind restarting, I have a lot of rare and otherwise precious pokes on that save :(

Is there any way I can at the very least extract those pokes to, say PokeBank? I have an old 3ds xl, new 3ds xl, and old japanese regular 3ds, all with updated firmware, but if there is a method of saving my pokes that requires I buy a 3ds with older firmware, I'm willing to do that.
There's a very very small chance your Pokemon are recoverable. Every method I can think of requires a 3DS on 9.2 or lower firmware though. If you used rxTools and SaveDataFiler it might be possible to dump your cartridge's save open it up in PKHeX and extract the Pokemon from there. Alternatively you could use NTR CFW and dump your cartridge's save with the save data manager plugin. Keep in mind that there's still only a very small chance that the Pokemon are recoverable.

Alternatively, you could get somebody with a 9.2 or less 3DS to create the Pokemon you had using PKHeX, and have them trade them over. While they won't be exact copies of the Pokemon you lost, this method is guaranteed to work.

Krasny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all!

I have a 3DS with 2.2.0-4E firmware that i´m trying to update. I bought "The Cube" game, which according to http://3ds.essh.co/ it has a 4.1.0 firmware. The thing is that when I insert the cartridge and try to launch it doesn´t say the version that it is going to install as it should, it only says "A system update is required to use this software, Update now?". I tried to delete the downloaded updates (L+R+A+up method) and even format the 3ds, but always says this instead the version. Is this normal? Do I need another game to update?

thanks!

capture:

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Krasny My friend just updated her 7.1 3DS when I asked her to update from a cartridge, and I blamed her for saying yes to an update popup. But I guess he game cartridge really did say this instead. She was using Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Normally, it SHOULD say the cart's firmware and ask you to update before launching the game. I can update my 3DS to 4.5 with Animal Crossing New Leaf for example (Done it before)

No idea why your cart never shows the firmware, but I'd say DON'T say yes to that update. It's most definitely the latest update.

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why everytime I boot a game it works, but then when I enter some places in the game it freezes ? Is something wrong with the rom cia or what?

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to install a themes pack, but every time i install it and go to themes to chose one, only stock ones are there.
I used fbi and other cia installers... Always the same result, What am I doing wrong?

Edit: solved, it was the wrong region themes :hateit:

Last edited by F3l1xbxb,

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WARNING: Noob question, with a bit of laziness mixed in.

Just got my Australian 3DS console from Play-ASIA (Paid 45$ in duties because they over-declared it)

It's running f/w 9.0

What do I need to do to use it with the Gateway? I've tried looking at the gateway website but they include so many 'useless' steps.

for my regular 3DS, I setup the gateway and used the web browser to launch gateway mode. What's different for the n3DS?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WARNING: Noob question, with a bit of laziness mixed in.

Just got my Australian 3DS console from Play-ASIA (Paid 45$ in duties because they over-declared it)

It's running f/w 9.0

What do I need to do to use it with the Gateway? I've tried looking at the gateway website but they include so many 'useless' steps.

for my regular 3DS, I setup the gateway and used the web browser to launch gateway mode. What's different for the n3DS?
For the N3DS you need either Ocarina of Time or Cubic Ninja (from the same region as your N3DS) to run GW. If you use OoT you must inject an exploit save to the cart using another 3DS that can already use GW or a save dongle. For CN you just scan a QR code and the save downloads and installs on the cart. After you have the exploit loaded you can set up emuNAND, launch GW mode, etc.... At that point you can also install the MSet exploit on your sysNAND so you don't need a gamecart to launch GW after that.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So i just read what this pasta cfw is
Was buying Gateway a waste then ? I have Gateway since january 2015 so maybe pasta was not out back then

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is there any way to transfer my system nand between sd cards?
i have a 8gb sd card with my nand on it but i want to get my games on a 16gb one

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any way to transfer my system nand between sd cards?
i have a 8gb sd card with my nand on it but i want to get my games on a 16gb one
With sysNAND, no. With emuNAND yes. Use emuNAND tool to extract your emuNAND from the old SD. Format emuNAND on the new SD, then inject the emuNAND you extracted from the old SD card into the new one. Copy all of the files on the old SD to the new one and you should be good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill