• Views 4,418,094
  • Replies 53,757
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hugely noob question but what exactly do I need to hack my 3ds please help me I have no idea what Im doing and I can't understand any of this I don't even know what a flash card is
is it even possible I'm running ver. 9.8.0-25E

1)Your 3DS needs to be on 9.2 or less, if it's 9.3 - 9.8 you are out of luck, it's impossible as of now because exploits were patched and there is no new ones.

A flashcart is a "fake" 3DS cardtrige that you can put a microSD card on and play games directly from it, in your case (9.8) the only option is to use Sky3ds, is flashcart that cost around $80 and you'll be able to play "backups". No need to sell your 3DS.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: ChengCheng

DragonStefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good afternoon folks,

I am trying to switch over my SDcard inside my 3DS (on the side) with one that is bigger. I am currently using a 4gb version, but i copied all files to pc and copied them on a new microsd 8gb with sd adapter.

Now it seems it will not load Gateway. Do i miss anything?

Yours faithfully,

Dragon

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good afternoon folks,

I am trying to switch over my SDcard inside my 3DS (on the side) with one that is bigger. I am currently using a 4gb version, but i copied all files to pc and copied them on a new microsd 8gb with sd adapter.

Yours faithfully,

Dragon
Have you formatted emuNAND on the new SD card? If not, try that.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So my n3ds has emundand 9.0
If i update gw9.0 will it be on 9.5 ? Is there no risk as long as you are in GW mode even if 9.8 is out there ?

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my n3ds has emundand 9.0
If i update gw9.0 will it be on 9.5 ? Is there no risk as long as you are in GW mode even if 9.8 is out there ?
No it will make it GW9.8.
Since GW9.8 is not supported on the N3DS then it will just boot to a black screen when you go into emuNAND.

Virosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On my 3DS with gateway, with WIFI OFF, when returning to menu from a game, it ask me if i want to update the system. Is there a way to block this?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon folks,

Yours faithfully,

Dragon

Yes, you are missing several steps. To upgrade your memory card you have to:

1)Copy everything you see on your card to your PC.
2)Use emunand tool to back up your old SD's emunand (extract).
3Put gateway's Launcher.dat on your new SD card and format emunand.
4)With emunand tool Inject your backed emunand to the new card (inject).
4)Copy files over.

Sounds like you copied all your files but you didn't copy emunand.

Reactions: Virosa

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I finally got my 8.1J N3DS switched to a 9.2U N3DS and now I want to make use of my O3DS that donated the secureinfo_a file.

This would strictly be for offline use as I know it can cause trouble if brought online.

I want to set it up so that a child can use it. I'll put parental control on so they cannot access the internet and update it. I've been looking at some CFW options, but I am not sure which would provide the simplest use for a kid. The O3DS is on 4.5 so I have a lot of options in terms of CFW/playing cias. I use GW so I am unfamiliar with the CFW scene and the progress they've made.

What do you guys recommend for a case like this? All it needs to do is allow the kid to pick which game they want to play and play it. I can convert their carts to cias and install them. What might get tricky is if they need to keep it in emunand when they play, hopefully they will understand the process that they can repeat it.

Essentially the end result I want is a 3DS that has all their games on it at once (25ish), although I'll likely only put games on it as they want them since it seems time consuming.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I finally got my 8.1J N3DS switched to a 9.2U N3DS and now I want to make use of my O3DS that donated the secureinfo_a file.

This would strictly be for offline use as I know it can cause trouble if brought online.

I want to set it up so that a child can use it. I'll put parental control on so they cannot access the internet and update it. I've been looking at some CFW options, but I am not sure which would provide the simplest use for a kid. The O3DS is on 4.5 so I have a lot of options in terms of CFW/playing cias. I use GW so I am unfamiliar with the CFW scene and the progress they've made.

What do you guys recommend for a case like this? All it needs to do is allow the kid to pick which game they want to play and play it. I can convert their carts to cias and install them. What might get tricky is if they need to keep it in emunand when they play, hopefully they will understand the process that they can repeat it.

Essentially the end result I want is a 3DS that has all their games on it at once (25ish), although I'll likely only put games on it as they want them since it seems time consuming.
I'd say rxTools. Just install the DS Profile exploit as I think that's the simplest exploit to launch. Just teach them how to launch the DS Profile exploit and that will take them into rx mode where they can launch the games as .cias.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say rxTools. Just install the DS Profile exploit as I think that's the simplest exploit to launch. Just teach them how to launch the DS Profile exploit and that will take them into rx mode where they can launch the games as .cias.

Rxtools was giving me some issues when I was trying to dump the secureinfo_a file from the O3DS. Hopefully it can run just fine though. All it needs to do is install cias. Beyond that I don't need any of the other features it has.

Last edited by Kracken,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you link me to the tutorial you used to switch region? I'm planning to buy a Japanese N3DS 8.1 but I heard of some people being unable to install things since it's browser can't be used unless you update it.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
o3DS eur w/ 7.2.0
I tried to inject FBI into SysNAND with rxTools (using right version v2050) but then when I boot H&S app in rxMode, it boots into H&S app itself and then crashes whenever I try navigating through it. What am I doing wrong?

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried installing rxinstaller.nds with my r4 and i have everything on my sd like if i were to launch rxmode with ninjhax but when i go to ds profile it crash and my 3ds reset can anybody help me should i need another files or something?

Last edited by Rioluwott,

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
hello there, so I'm on rxTools 2.6 and wanted to dump some of my carts and convert them to .cia..

I have switched my Launcher to gateway's 3.2.2 launcher.dat file to dump the carts but unfortunately I'm getting an error and 3DS reboots.. Is there a work around for this or are there alternative's on cart dumping without formatting any my SD card..

I don't have 3DS cart dongle btw..

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer saves created by GW playing a .3ds game to a another 3DS using GW, but playing a .cia game? I have two 3DS's, but one I play .cia and the other .3ds since I only have one GW cart.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried installing rxinstaller.nds with my r4 and i have everything on my sd like if i were to launch rxmode with ninjhax but when i go to ds profile it crash and my 3ds reset can anybody help me should i need another files or something?
The DS Profile crash doesn't always work 100% of the time. Best thing to do would be to just try the exploit again and see if it works. If not, try reinstalling the exploit.

hello there, so I'm on rxTools 2.6 and wanted to dump some of my carts and convert them to .cia..

I have switched my Launcher to gateway's 3.2.2 launcher.dat file to dump the carts but unfortunately I'm getting an error and 3DS reboots.. Is there a work around for this or are there alternative's on cart dumping without formatting any my SD card..

I don't have 3DS cart dongle btw..
Which exploit are you using? Where exactly are you getting the crash, when launching the exploit or when dumping the cart?

Is it possible to transfer saves created by GW playing a .3ds game to a another 3DS using GW, but playing a .cia game? I have two 3DS's, but one I play .cia and the other .3ds since I only have one GW cart.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

This should work, just copy the filer folder over to your .cia 3DS's SD card and import them on that 3DS using SaveDataFiler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1