• Likes 43

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a question.

If I have a 4.x or a 9.0-9.2 3DS, and I used the YGW eShop Spoof with PastaCFW, would I be able to System Transfer my 9.8 eShop and games from my 9.8 3DS and whatnot to the 4.x-9.2 3DS?
If you can spoof the o3DS to enable it to enter the system transfer without an update, then you should be fine to transfer that 9.8 3DS to your 4.5 old one. BUT you need to bring your o3DS up to 9.0 - 9.2 in order to spoof system transfer. Then you can do a sysnand to sysnand transfer. It'll overwrite the 9.0 3DS.

If I have a v4.5 and I use the browser exploit for my gateway, is there much of a reason to stay on 4.5?

Also, some games don't load for me and I have to redo do the exploit. Does this happen for newer games that I don't have the firmware for? For example, I have 4.5 and ssb doesn't load and I'm running gw 3.2.2. Is this caused by my 4.5 fw?

The benefit of staying on 4.5 is to use the DS profile exploit in settings to boot Gateway rather than using the browser (WHich requires an internet connection)
So it's much better to use the offline exploit via settings instead.

4.5 does not affect games because you'll be playing your games from emunand. You can update emunand to 9.8 on o3DS. Then all games should work from there.
Do you even have emunand formatted?

moriphiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can spoof the o3DS to enable it to enter the system transfer without an update, then you should be fine to transfer that 9.8 3DS to your 4.5 old one. BUT you need to bring your o3DS up to 9.0 - 9.2 in order to spoof system transfer. Then you can do a sysnand to sysnand transfer. It'll overwrite the 9.0 3DS.

The benefit of staying on 4.5 is to use the DS profile exploit in settings to boot Gateway rather than using the browser (WHich requires an internet connection)
So it's much better to use the offline exploit via settings instead.

4.5 does not affect games because you'll be playing your games from emunand. You can update emunand to 9.8 on o3DS. Then all games should work from there.
Do you even have emunand formatted?
I actually don't. I didn't realize that I needed to. I've seen plenty of information about how to do it, I just didn't know I needed to. I will do that next. Thank you!

TomodachiTymek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

So, this means that my O3DS with 9.0 firmware will lose it's 9.0 firmware?
This probably means I won't be able to use the .cia's or the such anymore, right?...

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my old xl was on 4.5 and i installed CFW via mset exploit. I used devmenu to import the 9.2.0-20U cias i got from 3dnus. My ds is now bricked. If there is a method to unbrick it can somone tell me how, or help me find somone that can unbrick it. thanks
It is possible to unbrick it, but it requires a backup of your 3DS's NAND.
Hi everyone,
Is there any option to run .3ds and .3dz files on CFW without coversion ROMs to CIA?
Not currently. It should be possible, but nobody has implemented this functionality to a CFW yet.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a v4.5 and I use the browser exploit for my gateway, is there much of a reason to stay on 4.5?

Also, some games don't load for me and I have to redo do the exploit. Does this happen for newer games that I don't have the firmware for? For example, I have 4.5 and ssb doesn't load and I'm running gw 3.2.2. Is this caused by my 4.5 fw?
So, this means that my O3DS with 9.0 firmware will lose it's 9.0 firmware?
This probably means I won't be able to use the .cia's or the such anymore, right?...
Hmm I'm not sure what will happen when you system transfer a 9.8 3DS to a spoofed 9.0 3DS. I personally system transferred from TWO spoofed 3DS at 9.0 on both.

Handsomeaniki

Trophies
XP
Country
Admittedly i havent done a thorough search of the forums but i have a few questions.

Ive always played gbc,gba,nds roms on my laptop via emulators.

I recently managed to get enough money and bought a new 3dsxl.

Its firmware is 9.5.0-22u.

I understand that if i want to play 3ds roms i will have to get a sky3ds card.

What do i need to be able to play my other roms? Is it possible?

I wasntsure if the faq was saying that the only way i can play old roms is by downgrade or buy a old 3ds for the fw 4.5 exploit.

Other sites say a r4gold card is fine for just playing roms but cant do much else.

So can someone please clarify.

I dont plan on connecting this to the internet or eshop. I may go online in a game from time to time. Like meeting friends in animal crossing and pokemon.

I dont mind having multiple cards that i have to swap out to play different types of roms either.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is XORPAD? Saw it discussed everywhere but being a noob, I can't understand.
A game's "Xorpad" is used to decrypt the 3DS roms, so that you can mess with the game's files, or even convert the rom to .cia format.
It's not really necessary for most users, I wouldn't worry about it.

Admittedly i havent done a thorough search of the forums but i have a few questions.

Ive always played gbc,gba,nds roms on my laptop via emulators.

I recently managed to get enough money and bought a new 3dsxl.

Its firmware is 9.5.0-22u.

I understand that if i want to play 3ds roms i will have to get a sky3ds card.

What do i need to be able to play my other roms? Is it possible?

I wasntsure if the faq was saying that the only way i can play old roms is by downgrade or buy a old 3ds for the fw 4.5 exploit.

Other sites say a r4gold card is fine for just playing roms but cant do much else.

So can someone please clarify.

I dont plan on connecting this to the internet or eshop. I may go online in a game from time to time. Like meeting friends in animal crossing and pokemon.

I dont mind having multiple cards that i have to swap out to play different types of roms either.

Your best bet is to get a Sky3DS like you said for 3DS roms. Then get an R4 Gold to play DS roms. It can also play GBC, SNES, NES, and Sega Genesis emulators. Though Snes is buggy but fun to mess with.

To play 3DS games online with your Sky3DS, you first need to obtain a private header from a game. Or else you'll be banned for using a public header that everyone else is using.
You can pay someone to rip a header for you, it isn't easy so good luck on your search!

cjm5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it still impossible to get Smash Bros. to run on firmwares below 9.0.3? I have the digital version but the new game update "requires" at least sys firmware 9.0.3, I'm on 9.0.0 and have no plan to update but I would like to play Smash every now and then. I have the pasta app which spoofs the firmware so you can get to the eShop but I don't think that helps?

Handsomeaniki

Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet is to get a Sky3DS like you said for 3DS roms. Then get an R4 Gold to play DS roms. It can also play GBC, SNES, NES, and Sega Genesis emulators. Though Snes is buggy but fun to mess with.

To play 3DS games online with your Sky3DS, you first need to obtain a private header from a game. Or else you'll be banned for using a public header that everyone else is using.
You can pay someone to rip a header for you, it isn't easy so good luck on your search!

Thank you!
Is there a reputable place to get both of these? Or a forum thread where i can review sellers?

And regarding private headers. How would i go about ripping one?

What would i need for such a task?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@BobDoleOwndU
Sorry for stealing your spotlight, I know how much you love to help around here :P
Haha, the more people helping the better!

Who is Nemoid, Yellow8? Read few older threads, and seems like they are high profile in homebrew development.
They did a lot of research and development for the 3DS. They're two of the people who are responsible for much of the knowledge we have about the 3DS currently.

Is it still impossible to get Smash Bros. to run on firmwares below 9.0.3? I have the digital version but the new game update "requires" at least sys firmware 9.0.3, I'm on 9.0.0 and have no plan to update but I would like to play Smash every now and then. I have the pasta app which spoofs the firmware so you can get to the eShop but I don't think that helps?
Do you mean 9.3.0? I've not heard of Smash ever requiring anything other than 8.1 and 9.2. I know on release the game required 8.1 and later on new Smash carts started coming out with 9.2. Since you're on pasta, you can try downloading a .cia version of the game and that shouldn't give you any issues.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Zephyrrx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to play custom VC games on my 3DS, stuff like Pokemon Emerald and what not. Keep in mind I've had my Gateway 3DS for a month or two now. So I do all the steps, patch the .cia Title ID and install that but when I go to my game it's just black and I followed all the steps word by word heck I did it again. But I still get the black screen. How do I fix that?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I decided to play custom VC games on my 3DS, stuff like Pokemon Emerald and what not. Keep in mind I've had my Gateway 3DS for a month or two now. So I do all the steps, patch the .cia Title ID and install that but when I go to my game it's just black and I followed all the steps word by word heck I did it again. But I still get the black screen. How do I fix that?
VC games don't work in Gateway mode. You need to use one of the CFWs to run them.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there's a work around this problem. I don't have any kind of card, I just used CFW.
  • I want to keep my sysNAND on 4.2.0 so I can use the DS Profile.
  • However, I need to be able to play Omega Ruby (retail game cartridge) game on emuNAND, which is updated to RX3D 9.8.0-25U. Whenever I start up Omega Ruby, the save data is corrupted, even though it's not back on another regular system.
How can I work around this? I need to be able to play Omega Ruby online in emuNAND. Another issue I'm having is that whenever I go to System Settings in emuNAND and click "Close" and come back, I'm in sysNAND again. I don't know why that is.

Last edited by JohnTravolski,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if there's a work around this problem. I don't have any kind of card, I just used CFW.
  • I want to keep my sysNAND on 4.2.0 so I can use the DS Profile.
  • However, I need to be able to play Omega Ruby (retail game cartridge) game on emuNAND, which is updated to RX3D 9.8.0-25U. Whenever I start up Omega Ruby, the save data is corrupted, even though it's not back on another regular system.
How can I work around this? I need to be able to play Omega Ruby online in emuNAND. Another issue I'm having is that whenever I go to System Settings in emuNAND and click "Close" and come back, I'm in sysNAND again. I don't know why that is.
Do you have the 7.x key file (slot0x25KeyX.bin) on your 3DS's SD card? That key is needed for rxTools to encrypt/decrypt 7.x games (and their saves) properly. As for exiting System Settings back to sysNAND, that's normal. There is no workaround for that.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks so much! Okay, so I just need to figure out how to use slot0x25keyx.bin. Also, I didn't know that the exiting System Settings and going to back sysNAND was normal. This should help me a lot. Importantly, though, the decryption will work for cartridges, right? Or am I wrong about this? I've heard something about that only working for ROMs. If I can use it for this cartridge, are there any good tutorials you can point me to? I'm having trouble finding thorough ones. (I'm using RXtools 2.6.)

Last edited by JohnTravolski,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks so much! Okay, so I just need to figure out how to use slot0x25keyx.bin. Also, I didn't know that the exiting System Settings and going to back sysNAND was normal. This should help me a lot. Importantly, though, the decryption will work for cartridges, right? Or am I wrong about this? I've heard something about that only working for ROMs. If I can use it for this cartridge, are there any good tutorials you can point me to? I'm having trouble finding thorough ones. (I'm using RXtools 2.6.)

You take the slotx25keyx.bin and put it on the root of your SD card, that's all you need to do rxTools automatically reads it.

Yes, leaving the settings app will always kick you out of emunand, that's because the system reboots in order to properly apply any changes made and avoid bugs.

The way I decrypt games is to use GW's launcher.dat to dump my retail cardtriges and then decrypt them.

That's sums it up I guess? :P

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have it on the SD card, but I'm using RXtools. I see several options, but the problem is that I have no idea how to use them. I'm just scared I'll make a mistake and possibly ruin Omega Ruby, which I'd prefer not to do since time is precious.

If you look at this picture, here's an example of somebody using it:
1428933678-rxtool.jpg

The problem is that I don't know if that works for game cartridges like Omega Ruby and/or if it will make the save playable in emuNAND. That's what I have to figure out. I could restart my whole Omega Ruby game, but I don't have time for that. Similarly, I don't know if RXtools' decryption process is reversible. I can't find any good tutorials that will reassure me of these things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-