2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to have more than one pre-installed game on the 3DS? Just curious.
Yes, if you install them as clean cias via cubic ninja.
How can I update JAP games in US-3DS and I use Sky3DS with Regionfour to play JAP games on US-3DS ?
You cannot do that without gateway. There is no way to install out of region updates without gateway.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you.
But if I have gateway how can I do that? by use gateway to download the game update file and switch to use sky3ds ?
Gateway allows fakesigned cias to be installed. You would have to download the update as a cia, and install it with one of the many CIA installers. (Big blue menu, dev Menu, FBI, big red menu)

Remember, to use gateway, you need to be on v9.2 or less.

qmansama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway allows fakesigned cias to be installed. You would have to download the update as a cia, and install it with one of the many CIA installers. (Big blue menu, dev Menu, FBI, big red menu)

Remember, to use gateway, you need to be on v9.2 or less.

Thank you very much.
That mean if I want to update other region games such as JAP game by using Sky3DS. I need JP-3DS to update games and play on it.
And the Regionfour to play other region games is meaningless.

PS.Sorry for my poor English.

Megaman Hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Since I guess this could be answered somewhere, I would like to know something before I attempt to do something that might disallow me to get gateway to work.

My current equipment:
- N3DS Zelda Black Edition with firmware 9.5.0-22E (Euro Region)
- Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time 3D (Euro)
- Gateway Flashcart (Red & blue)
- R4i Save Dongle

My Goal:
- Play any 3DS game.

My Issue:
I have read in many threads about emunands and sysnands, but still I don't have a clear vision since I didn't experienced them yet. I had a vision that "EmuNAND" is the emulated firmware that can be upgrade it using gateway flashcart. However, I haven't read anything that allow to run that gateway from 9.5.0-xx.

I have ordered gateway for the reason I have the game "Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time 3D (Euro)", to perform the exploit, but I wasn't sure that the exploit will not work with my current firmware (Can I be wrong on this?).

First, I just format the internal 2GB SD card to Fat32, and put the "launcher.dat" in the root of the internal SD card.

Then, I have already "Inject Gateway Save hack" into the game by using "R4i Save Dongle", and then I started the game, and loaded the "Savegame", but after the game runs, I have pressed ( A button ), the game remain running, but frozen. However, the gateway launcher didn't appeared, which it is really unexpected.

So I kept searching, and found that Sky3DS can play 3DS game offline, which I'm fine with that, but I mostly spend my money on ordering "Gateway Flashcart (Red & blue)" & "R4i Save Dongle".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So currently, I need a help by seeking for an answer for my questions:

1) Do I have wrong standards on understanding what is happening with using Gateway?

2) Is there a chance that I have done wrong step on running gateway? Are there any chance to use Gateway with my current equipment?

3) Am I recommended purchase Sky3DS to play 3DS games? should I update my N3DS to the latest version to run Sky3DS?

I really need help on this situation, I don't want to buy Sky3DS and waste my Gateway if there is a hope that I can run it.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I guess this could be answered somewhere, I would like to know something before I attempt to do something that might disallow me to get gateway to work.

My current equipment:
- N3DS Zelda Black Edition with firmware 9.5.0-22E (Euro Region)
- Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time 3D (Euro)
- Gateway Flashcart (Red & blue)
- R4i Save Dongle

My Goal:
- Play any 3DS game.

My Issue:
I have read in many threads about emunands and sysnands, but still I don't have a clear vision since I didn't experienced them yet. I had a vision that "EmuNAND" is the emulated firmware that can be upgrade it using gateway flashcart. However, I haven't read anything that allow to run that gateway from 9.5.0-xx.

I have ordered gateway for the reason I have the game "Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of time 3D (Euro)", to perform the exploit, but I wasn't sure that the exploit will not work with my current firmware (Can I be wrong on this?).

First, I just format the internal 2GB SD card to Fat32, and put the "launcher.dat" in the root of the internal SD card.

Then, I have already "Inject Gateway Save hack" into the game by using "R4i Save Dongle", and then I started the game, and loaded the "Savegame", but after the game runs, I have pressed ( A button ), the game remain running, but frozen. However, the gateway launcher didn't appeared, which it is really unexpected.

So I kept searching, and found that Sky3DS can play 3DS game offline, which I'm fine with that, but I mostly spend my money on ordering "Gateway Flashcart (Red & blue)" & "R4i Save Dongle".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So currently, I need a help by seeking for an answer for my questions:

1) Do I have wrong standards on understanding what is happening with using Gateway?

2) Is there a chance that I have done wrong step on running gateway? Are there any chance to use Gateway with my current equipment?

3) Am I recommended purchase Sky3DS to play 3DS games? should I update my N3DS to the latest version to run Sky3DS?

I really need help on this situation, I don't want to buy Sky3DS and waste my Gateway if there is a hope that I can run it.
Sysnand is the official firmware from Nintendo emunand is a copy you create and can update. If the sysnand firmware on your 3ds is above 9.2 you cannot use gateway, your only choice is sky3ds or one of its clones. You have 9.5 and therefore cannot use gateway at this time. It could be a very long time before gateway works on 9.5 if ever.

Your options are
1. Get a sky3ds
2. Get a 9.2 or below 3ds to use gateway.

Sorry for the bad news.

Moto_SK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL on 9.0.0-20U. I'm ordering a Gateway soon, but I was wondering if there's any way to get an emuNAND setup before it gets here. I'd like to be able to download the updates for my retail Omega Ruby so I can play online. I have a retail copy of Ocarina of Time as well. Is this possible or do I just have to wait until the Gateway gets here? I also have a DSTWO if that helps.

Edit: Managed to get OoT setup with the exploit and backup my sysNAND and create my emuNAND, but obviously can't boot the emuNAND until the card gets here, so I'm stuck not being able to update my game. I guess it wouldn't really make sense to be able to run emuNAND without the card, then there wouldn't be any need for the card at all >_< duh

Reactions: thorasgar

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL on 9.0.0-20U. I'm ordering a Gateway soon, but I was wondering if there's any way to get an emuNAND setup before it gets here. I'd like to be able to download the updates for my retail Omega Ruby so I can play online. I have a retail copy of Ocarina of Time as well. Is this possible or do I just have to wait until the Gateway gets here? I also have a DSTWO if that helps.

You cannot setup the emunand before the console arrives because the emunand is console specific. An emunand created by a different console will not work. Also, I hope you've got an old exploitable 3ds laying around to prepare the ocarina of time cart with the gateway save file. This was something I was unaware of but luckily still had around. You cannot prepare the ocarina of time save file on the new 3ds because it is required for the new 3ds to get into gateway mode in the first place.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like a mario kart 7 save for online use.
If it is a clean save there should not be any problems. I think the problems arise when people modify the saves in such a way it can be considered cheating. Save editing, mods and cheats are not my thing so I am no expert on the matter.

hello, i'm out of the scene from a while, i'm still with cfw 4.5, there's some news about some new cfw for 3ds?
Depending on how you define CFW there are several out there. Palantine, NTR, FBI, KARL, (rxtools?) I am sure to be missing something. There is no full blown gateway replacement and they all have specific and limited uses.

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i restore my MSET on New 3DS 9.0.0-24? Because the option to transfer files over wifi and the NNID don't show anymore, and i dont want use 3DNUS because i seen that some people have bricked their consoles, so i was thinking, is just restore my Nand, or the only way is using 3DNUS?

Eon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3DS at system menu 8.x (I think it is 8.2 or 8.5 but I'm not sure and can't check atm). If I order a Gateway 3DS + mSD + reader, am I good to go or do I need anything else?

I've heard a lot about needing Sky3DS or some Ninja thing in order to get it working on consoles past 4.2 but I'm really not sure and just want to check before I actually order a card.

One more question, can you play game backups online? I already own Sm4sh for WiiU, and I only want the 3DS version to play with a friend who can't afford a Wii U. Can I play online with him or do I still need a retail copy for that?

Thanks!

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the maximum number of CIA's that can be installed on the 3DS? Is there a list of CIA's that play on 4.5 CFW no flashcard, is there any games 6.+ that can be used on CFW

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i restore my MSET on New 3DS 9.0.0-24? Because the option to transfer files over wifi and the NNID don't show anymore, and i dont want use 3DNUS because i seen that some people have bricked their consoles, so i was thinking, is just restore my Nand, or the only way is using 3DNUS?
You should just be able to restore your NAND if you have a backup. You need to format your Emunand before downgrading mset to avoid the loss of settings

I have a 3DS at system menu 8.x (I think it is 8.2 or 8.5 but I'm not sure and can't check atm). If I order a Gateway 3DS + mSD + reader, am I good to go or do I need anything else?

I've heard a lot about needing Sky3DS or some Ninja thing in order to get it working on consoles past 4.2 but I'm really not sure and just want to check before I actually order a card.

One more question, can you play game backups online? I already own Sm4sh for WiiU, and I only want the 3DS version to play with a friend who can't afford a Wii U. Can I play online with him or do I still need a retail copy for that?

Thanks!
That should be all you need for a old 3ds (and Internet)

Sky or cubic Ninja is used to run the exploit on a n3Ds and some CFWs.

You can play online using gateway but you need to make sure you use a header for the rom that only you have access to.

What is the maximum number of CIA's that can be installed on the 3DS? Is there a list of CIA's that play on 4.5 CFW no flashcard, is there any games 6.+ that can be used on CFW
. I think you are just limited by the size of your internal card.

I have never seen such a list.

No.

Reactions: Chorjo

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should just be able to restore your NAND if you have a backup. You need to format your Emunand before downgrading mset to avoid the loss of settings
But i formated my emunand and did the MSET.

So, if i go to the Gateway menu with the Nand.bin on my SD, go to "Restore Emunand" and then the options like NNID will be back? And the exploit of profile DS still will be on my console?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1