• Views 4,476,634
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Having recently started using rxTools, I now know there is a lot of stuff that I don't know...
What are Xorpads ?
What is the movable.sed file for ?
SecureInfo_A ?
LocalFriendCodeSeed_B ?
rand_seed ?

bardakovs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi!
can you help me?
i just want to play eur legit cia (MM3d) on my US 3ds. So, i changed region on my emunand and now i can launch eur emunand by rxTools. so, what i should to do next for installing legit cia in my region changed emunand?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

This has been bugging me for a while and I just had to get some, if not definitive, then at least well informed answers.
This probably has been asked hundreds of times and I tried searching for similar questions/threads, but could not finds anything solid.

Here goes. I want to know if Gateway could/would/will ever support firmware 9.5 (I am on 9.5.0.23) and above. I understand there is no way to know for sure, but what I am more interested in is a reason as to why such a thing is not possible. If it might be what are the obstacles that are slowing them down? Are there any official posts from the Gateway development team on the subject? Any official mention that they are working on it, a time-frame, something? Is there an official Gateway forum?

The reason I want to know is that I want to buy a flashcard and I really don't want to get Sky3DS. The lack of DS game and eShop game support is a big problem for me. Also the lack of a ROM menu is a bit annoying. I am currently living in the UK, but in a month I am going back home to eastern Europe and I don't want to buy from there, because of shipping costs. I was thinking of buying a Gateway card now and waiting until my firmware version is supported, but is there any hope for that?

Informative answers, please. If you are going to say no, at least tell me why.

On the old3DS, you could downgrade your firmware to 4.x even if you were on 9.0. This was useful because you could use the DS Profile exploit which means you do not need to constantly have a copy of Cubic Ninja by your side. You could always get into Gateway mode even if you left your Cubic Ninja at home (or didn't have access to a cell phone or wifi hotspot for the browser exploit). You didn't say if you were on the old3ds or new3ds; if you are on the new3ds you can't even use any exploits besides the Cubic Ninja one. Even when I wanna convert my .3DS files to CIAs, I need to use the old3DS for some reason as the new3DS cannot run the launcher that is needed to get xorpads.

So basically all currently-known exploits were patched with the version you are on; the big issue being that Cubic Ninja's exploit was patched. My guess is they are going to have to find another game that is exploitable.

Hope that makes sense. But I definitely agree with everyone saying buy a new system now while you still can as 9.0 systems might not be available soon (Majora's Mask new3DS XLs are showing up with updated firmwares now). I recommend the new3DS XL because it's a great system, but it definitely is more convenient on the old3DS that you don't need a copy of Cubic Ninja by your side at all times. Hope this helped.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old3DS XL and a new3DS XL, and I tried to sign into the Nintendo Network with my NNID on the new3DS XL, but it said I could not as it was still linked to my old system. I went to my old system and when I tried to unlink it, I noticed there was no option to do so.

When emunand supports 9.6 (hopefully soon) and I can do a system transfer, does it transfer my NNID to the new system? I created a new NNID on emunand and sysnand on the new3DS XL and am using that for now, but I am hoping that does not mean I cannot access the games I purchased on my old3DS XL?

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, is it possible to play xenoblade chronicles x on new 3ds xl with a flash card? If yes, until which system menu version is it possible?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old3DS XL and a new3DS XL, and I tried to sign into the Nintendo Network with my NNID on the new3DS XL, but it said I could not as it was still linked to my old system. I went to my old system and when I tried to unlink it, I noticed there was no option to do so.

When emunand supports 9.6 (hopefully soon) and I can do a system transfer, does it transfer my NNID to the new system? I created a new NNID on emunand and sysnand on the new3DS XL and am using that for now, but I am hoping that does not mean I cannot access the games I purchased on my old3DS XL?
Yes, system transfer moves your nnid. You are in a pickle at the moment because to transfer the nnid you would have to call Nintendo and tell them your old 3ds is broken or lost and then somehow get them to unlink the nnid you created on the n3ds. Not sure how to explain that one.

This may be your saving grace. the OP says it has been tested with system transfer. This is brand new.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spoof-firmware-to-access-eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds.386591/

Hi, is it possible to play xenoblade chronicles x on new 3ds xl with a flash card? If yes, until which system menu version is it possible?
Gateway is 9.2, sky3ds can use any at the moment. If your FW will support it get the gateway.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, system transfer moves your nnid. You are in a pickle at the moment because to transfer the nnid you would have to call Nintendo and tell them your old 3ds is broken or lost and then somehow get them to unlink the nnid you created on the n3ds. Not sure how to explain that one.

This may be your saving grace. the OP says it has been tested with system transfer. This is brand new.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spoof-firmware-to-access-eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds.386591/

Wow! This is awesome news! Thank you!

When everything is done transferring over, do I have to dump my NAND again and setup sysNAND from scratch? My NANDs are not linked so I am assuming that's the only way to get my eshop content over to the emuNAND?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This is awesome news! Thank you!

When everything is done transferring over, do I have to dump my NAND again and setup sysNAND from scratch? My NANDs are not linked so I am assuming that's the only way to get my eshop content over to the emuNAND?
You are going to transfer from sysnand or emunand (your choice) TO your n3ds emunand. I suppose it might be possible to transfer to your sysnand with this new method if you stuff you want in sysnand and then create an emunand. Not really sure about that.

I am also not sure if you are going to run into a problem because your n3ds has a nnid associated with it. You may want to pose those questions in the spoof thread.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are going to transfer from sysnand or emunand (your choice) TO your n3ds emunand. I suppose it might be possible to transfer to your sysnand with this new method if you stuff you want in sysnand and then create an emunand. Not really sure about that.

I am also not sure if you are going to run into a problem because your n3ds has a nnid associated with it. You may want to pose those questions in the spoof thread.

Thanks! I want to transfer to my sysnand because if I don't have Cubic Ninja or Gateway handy it seems silly to have to boot into a "hacked" state just to play games I legitimately own lol

Reactions: thorasgar

serfuentes

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi guys. Well I have cfw 4.5 without any flashcard. I had install everything and my 3ds worked fine but I changed my user name and mi DOB in the main nand so now when I try to enter in the xploid the sistem crash. I tried to install again the exploin and It didn´t work so please help me.
PD: I don´t have any flashcard or DS game.

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Gateway is 9.2, sky3ds can use any at the moment. If your FW will support it get the gateway.

Thank you, and do i need to use exploit to play games on the flashcard?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, and do i need to use exploit to play games on the flashcard?
Not with sky. With gateway the type of system and the firmware version determine the exploit you need to use. On a new 3ds it few must be 9.2 or below and you will need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of time cart to run exploit.

Reactions: gina4x

anitsouless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck.
I have Cubic Ninja. I am on 9.0U
Whenever I try to enter the Create menu, then into the QR code menu or even the My Data menu. it crashes. Then i'm at the main menu and it says "A error has occurred forcing the software to close. The system will ow restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)"

What is going on?

anitsouless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried it on another 3ds, an old one( mine is the NEW 3dsxl). Apparently somebody had used the exploit before. So I don't really know what to do now.

anitsouless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did erasing the save work? Don't double post if you can avoid it, just edit your previous post.

Poke around the Homebrew and Enulators sub for info on that stuff.

Yes it worked. Sorry for the double posts.

So will I need a gateway card to play backups? Can I just use cubic ninja and my Micro SD card and dump my current games onto my current micro SD card?

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to create a profile because I really need some help, even though this is my 1st post I have searched online and haven't been able to find a single person with the same error is me so I am really hoping someone here will be able to help.

I have a SKY3ds and today upgraded to diskwriter v2.02 and it asked me to convert so I looked online and made sure I followed all the instructions so nothing went wrong. It took ages easily 30-40 minutes and backed up every game (I know I was watching each game slowly backing up). Once it had all finished and the card was formatted etc. I clicked to restore games. Now the 1st 3 games you can see them restoring fine and then it goes on to the 4th and says reading game data just as it had done for the 1st 3 but then never copied it across same goes for every game after that.

When all had finished I had the 3 games on the card and I thought it may just be playing up a little and I put the card in my 3ds and low and behold there's only 3 games on there I have my saves and everything and those 3 work great. So my question is what on earth has happened to the other games. When it tries to restore it knows the other games are there because it reads them but it doesn't actually transfer them to the card.

Please please please help I have A LOT of hours put into these games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR