• Start date
  • Views 4,444,065
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
When I install a CIA, where exactly does it install to? Some random folder on the MicroSD card?

If I want to buy a larger MicroSD card, I just copy and paste the entire card to the larger card and all my installed CIAs should just show up no problem, right? I don't know if there's a small amount of "system memory" that includes some data or something that would not allow that to work.
yes
if you use emunand, you have to do extra step to copy emunand to the new sd card as well

Reactions: Hammyface

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, if I install 9.5 via cia on seperate emunand (via BigBlueBox), it will not install on my sysnand, right? Sorry, I'm little aftaid about this!

No but only works with rx tools right now and make sure if you go in settings it says rx-e meaning emunand and not rx-s when updating the emunand.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I own a Gateway 3DS and I'm having a serious problem. I downgraded from 7.1.0 to 4.2.0 to play DS Flashcards and use the DS Profile exploit. Formatted emuNAND, yadda yadda. 9.6.0 isn't supported, so I reformatted and used Codename: STEAM to update to 9.4.0. This morning, I found out I could update my emuNAND by using cias, so I installed the 9.5.0 cia and rebooted the system. Now, emuNAND worked the first three or so times I booted into it through the DS Profile, but the next time I got "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com." At first, I only got this message when I tried StreetPass Mii Plaza and System Settings for too long. Now if I just leave my 3DS idle for a couple seconds, I get that message. I removed the Gateway card AND the SD from the console, and I still get this message. Can someone please help me?

I'm not confident in attempting a hardmod, and I'm young and don't know anyone who can do it for me, so anyone got any other solution I could try?

dewbus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I made an account to ask What Can I do with my n3ds firmware 9.5 us (its the one that came out just when mh4u debut). I want to be able to play my backups, dont care much for homebrew atm.

I searched and theres not much info on whether or not GW is going to support 9.5 and it sucks because I already have a GW enabled 4.4 3ds xl, which I would be willing to trade for a n3ds with rom backup support.

Is Sky3ds good for me? I just wanna play MH4U and LoZ:MM, as well as anything that might come up in the future. If it is good for me, can anyone link me to a reputable shop so that I can buy one today maybe?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I made an account to ask What Can I do with my n3ds firmware 9.5 us (its the one that came out just when mh4u debut). I want to be able to play my backups, dont care much for homebrew atm.

I searched and theres not much info on whether or not GW is going to support 9.5 and it sucks because I already have a GW enabled 4.4 3ds xl, which I would be willing to trade for a n3ds with rom backup support.

Is Sky3ds good for me? I just wanna play MH4U and LoZ:MM, as well as anything that might come up in the future. If it is good for me, can anyone link me to a reputable shop so that I can buy one today maybe?

Sky3ds is your only option, but be aware before buying that it may be blocked in an update and you'd be stuck keeping your 3DS at a lower firmware if you want to keep using it.

modchipsdirect is one of the best options for buying in the US: http://www.modchipsdirect.com/
another option (haven't ordered from them myself) http://www.peachds.com/

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a few more questions.

First, I've been looking around and so far everything seems to point my being more or less screwed atm but what are my options regarding using existing save data from retail carts with CIA versions installed via GW? I have a N3DS on 9.0 and no access to an old 3DS capable of running gateway.

Second, if I want to update CIA versions of games do I need to install each update separately (1.1, then 1.2 then 1.3, etc.) or do I just need to install the most recent update?

Son of Spam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been curious about the Sky3DS since it has been out for so long without Nintendo doing much at all to stop it. Is there a general consensus on whether Nintendo can even block it with a firmware update or not?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's not compatible with New 3DS. So how can I upgrade emunand to 9.5? thanks

Not sure if GW supports 9.5 emunand on the N3DS at all yet. That said if you have a rom for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. or Xenoblade you can use it to update emunand to 9.4. To my knowledge that is the highest version available on a retail cart at this time.

dewbus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds is your only option, but be aware before buying that it may be blocked in an update and you'd be stuck keeping your 3DS at a lower firmware if you want to keep using it.

modchipsdirect is one of the best options for buying in the US: http://www.modchipsdirect.com/
another option (haven't ordered from them myself) http://www.peachds.com/

I was almost through it all but they only accept Visa! LOL. And this peachds is a good secondary?

dewbus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on Peach3ds its asking me to input my Credit Card info but it doesnt say which location its shipping to. I want it to ship somewhere other than my billing address. Anyone whos bought from them know what to do here?

Emophia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to:

A) download something from e shop without downloading or

B) Use a normal save file on a .cia game?

I accidentally deleted my e shop version of Dual Destinies so yeah.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not confident in attempting a hardmod, and I'm young and don't know anyone who can do it for me, so anyone got any other solution I could try?
Contact [user]avalynn[/user] she does it for a very reasonable price. However you should explore other options first, make a post in the main sub describing your problem.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need to be on 9.5? 9.4 can be achieved with a rom.

But it's not compatible with New 3DS. So how can I upgrade emunand to 9.5? thanks

Not sure if GW supports 9.5 emunand on the N3DS at all yet. That said if you have a rom for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. or Xenoblade you can use it to update emunand to 9.4. To my knowledge that is the highest version available on a retail cart at this time.
9.5 is supported on n3ds. You are correct on 9.4 on carts or roms to date.

on Peach3ds its asking me to input my Credit Card info but it doesnt say which location its shipping to. I want it to ship somewhere other than my billing address. Anyone whos bought from them know what to do here?
Not sure what to do other than call them. Some business will not ship to a separate location. Have you tried modchipdirect? I have spent a lot of money with them.

Is there any way to:

A) download something from e shop without downloading or

B) Use a normal save file on a .cia game?

I accidentally deleted my e shop version of Dual Destinies so yeah.
Do you realize that makes no sense? "Is there a way to run to the store without running?" ???
What do you mean by a "normal" save file? cia files use encrypted saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-